Author Topic: Impatient  (Read 17089 times)

charmedguy18

Impatient
« on: December 17, 2009, 03:29:46 pm »
Okay, I have to be honest. I'm beginning to really drift away from any sort of excitement over a new album. I may just have missed it, but I haven't heard a word from/about her for a lonnggg time. Is there even going to be a new album?

I mean, seriously, Vanessa please, I'm worried. Yes, you've played at shows I've seen. But other than that... Where are you...?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Impatient
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:10:37 am »
She's recording. She did a bit in London at KT Tunstall's studio, actually. She had an idea about calling the album 'Tall Tales For Spring', also. She's nearly finished recording it, from what I hear.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:40 am »
we must have patience.

thenextvanessa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 03:39:05 pm »
i am not patient.  in january, she said later this year.

this year is nearly over.
and though i've given him his empire....
.......he delivers me my fear
           the unicorns are riding high

The dreamers get punished most by the truth, they say...

BurningDownLove

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:03:25 pm »
I understand how you feel, but for me, I trust her too much to be impatient. I know whatever she comes out with,
whenever it comes out, will be great because she's Vanessa Carlton. I prefer she take her time rather than throw out
crap.

As far as communicating goes, she's busy making us new music to listen to, and I think that's enough
to be happy with. If she didn't care about the fans, she wouldn't be making the new album, you know?

(Don't worry, my optimism is disgusting me as well lol)

your.dying.wish

• View Profile
    • website
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 04:06:20 am »
lollies

I am going to advise you guys to be impatient. Burn, burn for Nessa til your heart cannot take it, then sit back and enjoy it for what it is. Obsessive love for her art. When it comes it will be worth it. Hasn't it already?
I know it's hard to fit in
This puzzle called life
But if we stay along the edges
I think we'll be alright

charmedguy18

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:49:10 pm »
She's recording. She did a bit in London at KT Tunstall's studio, actually. She had an idea about calling the album 'Tall Tales For Spring', also. She's nearly finished recording it, from what I hear.
That makes me happy.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 06:58:12 am »
If London and Fair Weather Friends are any indication of what the new album will be like, then it will be well worth the wait!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:59:48 am »
Def. looking forward too it.....
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

daydrop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 12:16:01 am »
oh yes, just waiting for V!=D and i'm full support! ayee

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 02:27:31 am »
I'm over waiting for her to message us because I've come to realise she isn't that kind of artist. She tried it for a few weeks and got bored. That's fine. At least she tried.

As for the music, I think she should at least put demos or clips of songs up to keep the fans going. She keeps everything under wraps. I guess she has a loyal team of people behind her, because you hear about artists' music leaking left, right and centre all the time and 'Heroes...' leaked just one week before its release, which was to be expected seeing as copies of the album were shipped to stores and online.

In an ideal world, it'd be great to have Vanessa on Twitter all the time and having new music leak, but that's not her...

Also - am I the only one who thinks she needs to switch her image up? At least do something with her hair every now & then. Hell, even tying it back would make a bit of difference.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 07:14:05 am »
i think the time before an album is released and when it leaks is solely based on demand..if theres a million people waiting to pick up your album the day it drops(especially if it's the younger generation) it's gonna leak weeks before..if there isn't such a strong demand it'll leak about a week before.....it's always that way....i think her image is fine.....but online/viral presense is almost MANDATORY for an artist who wants to make it on indie terms...i feel like she made a shit load of money with ATM and stopped caring a bit after that...the comfort of a song can change an artist....which isn't really a horrible thing but of course her fans want to know whats going on with her....  I'll always support her but her internet presense has always been soooo weak....she doesn't even have an official store.  She also started to show dis-interest when she started mentioning film scores...which is great...but we'd also like to be updated on that stuff as well..it all comes down to her pregnant pauses...it just really irritates me when we hear from her when theres something to promote, rather than just to say "hello, im alive".
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

shinesobright07

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 12:03:00 pm »
 I'm sad that we've not heard more from her. I used to be a huge fan, which.. I suppose I still am, she's just not fresh in my mind. Most people are growing impatient, but maybe it will get better with the release of a new album. Hopefully someone still believes in her, and she can even produce and sell one.
 It's unfortunate: she's beautiful and talented, but to most people, she's "Vanessa who?"

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 10:23:47 pm »
I'm growing quite impatient myself. I know that she had the concert in Epcot, but she got booted out from there. As far as I know, she didn't play any new songs. I would like some sort of news or a new song that we haven't heard to be played (and recorded). Unfortunately, she doesn't. I think she should before her fanbase crumbles anymore.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 08:35:31 pm »
Patience is important with music. Good, quality music isn't really something that can be rushed. Some artists are better at putting out music every year or so, but V's track record is about every two and a half years. BnN was April 2002 (really May since it was April 30), Harmonium was November 2004, Heroes & Thieves was October 2007, so this new project--especially since it will most likely be an independent project--most likely won't surface until at least summer of 2010 based on V's track record.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...