Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 339881 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Acording to her facebook page:

Update on the new record (and my epic dog tale!)

Dear Ones,

I took a quick break from recording to see my lil wizard man victor (beloved dog). I head back to london nxt wed to do strings. The Rabbit and it's spectrum of meaning (time slipping, mind floating) has defined these last few years. I'm calling the record "Rabbits On the Run." Speaking of running, I was attacked by a dog on Sunday. It was a young pitbull...ran off it's lawn, crossed street, chased me into the woods and bit into my leg. Nightmare in real time. A lovely couple (w 3 kids in back) stopped their car and spooked the dog away b4 he presumably got me again. Then they proceeded to let a girl (me), covered in blood and shaking like a leaf into their car and let me use their phone!!! The grand horror would have been if I had been running with victor. He would have been killed.

I love dogs. An ex-boyfriend had a pitbull and I loved her like my own for 4 years, but what do we do with the dogs like the one that got me? I don't like the idea of euthanizing young dogs. The pup is as much a victim as I am, but i think it's a ticking time bomb and it could easily maul a kid next. My dream is that Cesar Millan would take the dog in. Am I nuts to think this is a possibility? If no, then this dog is en route to a shelter where it will fail an aggression test and then be put down.

I swear my next tweet will be back to hobbits and music. swear.

xx

v

I guess it was too late to release an album called "Tall tales for spring". :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:01:56 pm by B »

star2b711

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • ☮ ♥ VC
    • View Profile
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:41:04 pm »
YAY! just saw this update come up in my fb feed! WOW soo...sad about the pitbull attack....but good news: WE GOT AN UPDATE!! Hopefully will be more often and I'm looking forward to the new album :)  (hmm gonna think more about the new title.....what does everyone else think about it??)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:27 pm »
 ;D :D ;) :)

After a long wait. Finally.. And update!

I'm really looking forward for this record. I think this will be good. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping for.

I really like the symbolism of the rabbit, by the way. Reminds me a lot of Alice in Wonderland. Maybe she got some inspiration there? I just hope that the tracklist would suit her record title.

Really excited here. ;D Can't wait for the next tweet.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:55:37 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Sai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:25:56 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about that title just yet... I'll have to see the track listing and listen to it to get a feel for the album first. But if the title matches the feel for the album then it should be interesting. I could see both London and Fair-Weather Friends fitting under a title like "Rabbits on the Run" though because they have a sort of fairy-tale nature.

The Rabbit seems very connected to Alice in Wonderland, the way Vanessa explains it as: "time slipping, mind floating" and I do love Alice... but I feel the story has been getting too much hype lately.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »
I can't wait!

The title sounds interesting. Something Kate Bush would perhaps come up with. I'm sure there's a deep meaning behind it as always.

Woo-hoo.

HippieSongBird

• I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:00:25 pm »
I don't like it as much as Tall Tales, but I do like the seemingly Alice-ish reference!
I am very happy to hear from V, too!
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 01:04:07 am »
Still considering the title, as Tall Tales for Spring had really grown on me..

Hopefully the record is nearly finished, i can't wait to see its artwork and new songs, hopefully it's like H&T but more fairytale.. we shall see.

Also, hopefully more twitter updates :)

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 01:47:31 am »
An update...
Amen.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 01:51:35 am »
It sounds like she's nearly finished. You usually do the strings and stuff towards the end of a project.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 04:15:55 am »
I hope she'll be able to get the album next month. Maybe I'm expecting much, but I really wish she would. I also hope that she'll be able to release the list of the tracks.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 05:50:18 am »
I personally think Lewis Carol's Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking glass are amaaazing books.

And I think this stuff is deep. I love the whole idea "Rabbits on the Run".

Perfect.

It's the kinda deep, extremely perfect (sorry for being repetitive) and perfectly metaphorical title. I've been kind of obsessed with the Mad Hatter and the Caucass race from the books myself.

I give my unrequited "Go Ahead!" to Vanessa on this one!!! :P
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Pan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 07:10:44 am »
Oh, man I can't believe she updated something! Thank the lord haha.

I hope next time she gives us some more insight into what the album sounds like.

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 12:15:04 pm »
Karma, bitch. You abandoned your fans for 3 years, got bitten by a dog and your name all of a sudden appears on Google Alerts (yep, my desperate attempt in keeping my faith that Vanessa Carlton is alive), and suddenly updated a message.

Bitch realizes God punishes her. FINALLY.

jk
at this point I dont fcking care if anyone doesnt "feel" the album title. An completely irrelevant and D-listed singer like VC still making records is a bless. She is nowhere near Jewel (whose new album's title and cover art are under heavy criticism from fans haha yup ugly as hell).
Anything Vanessa, just anything, I have never been your hardcore fan but I used to love you so much. and some of that love still lingers. Just come back and dont ever do that again.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 03:26:04 pm »
wtf....haha whats up with that post above? glad shes alive..sucks that it took a dogbite to send out a note..but oh well, just glad to hear from her!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 03:35:07 pm »
Both titles sound great to me actually! VC's been putting out good titles for her albums (except for Heroes & Thieves in my humble opinion)

I can imagine pretty covers for either Rabbits on The Run & Tall Tales for Spring