Author Topic: Remember Vanessa's stationery line she wanted? Well it's coming.  (Read 5425 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
One of our favorite wineries, Swanson Vineyards has launched a new website that presents Swanson as more of a lifestyle than just a winery. The brand already sold Swanson-branded caviar and the delectable Alexis bonbons (a delicious curry and cabernet sauvignon chocolate confection) but now the site includes more gifts. "We're presenting a new and lively face for our wines with our new website," explains proprietor W. Clarke Swanson. "This fresh approach with our website characterizes Swanson as a winery with elegant lifestyle choices, which is expressed by the detail and personality of our new site," he added.

Orchestrated by the winery's Creative Director, Alexis Swanson Traina, the Swanson Vineyards' new site communicates the Swanson wine experience through illustrator Jean-Philippe Delhomme's fanciful renderings. The website will offer new material each month and includes Alexis' Napa, a blog written by Alexis Swanson Traina, full of tips and her personal point of view on life in Napa. Her blog will also include profiles of San Francisco Bay Area personalities in a section called Peeps & Players: currently featured are Katrina Markoff, Ira Yeager, Trevor Traina, Andy Spade, Thomas Britt, Jean-Philippe Delhomme, Torryne Choate and Sam Godfrey.

Swanson Vineyards is also opening the Sip Shoppe this summer at the Rutherford, California vineyard. Billed as a candy store for adults the shop offers sips of Swanson Vineyards' finest library vintages paired with small bites as well as gifts and wines available by the case of the bottle. Tastings include caviar, chocolates, pates de fruits (jellies) and sorbets, in mini pairings such as Swanson Vineyards Pinot Grigio served with a large dollop of Swanson Vineyards' domestic caviar on a potato chip. The signature tasting is the Salonnière, featuring "Alexis" Cabernet Sauvignon paired with Alexis Bonbon and served with the highly delicate dessert wine Angelica. The shoppe sells playful kits including the Newlywed Kit: six bottles of Swanson Vineyards' special occasion wine "Just Married," accompanied by an ostrich feather duster and a sage bundle (complete with instructions to clear out bad energy and create wedded bliss). Coming shortly, The Break Up Kit, The Stork Kit and the Please Forgive Me Kit. Swanson Vineyards' partners include retail genius Andy Spade; renowned illustrator Jean-Philippe Delhomme; interior designer Thomas Britt; illustrious chocolatier Katrina Markoff of Vosges Haut Chocolate; Singer Vanessa Carlton and her exclusive stationery line (unique to Swanson Vineyards); avant-garde florist Torryne Choate; and renowned California painter, Ira Yeager. The shop opens July 15, hours are Thursday – Sunday 11:00am – 5:00pm.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Vanessa's stationery line she wanted? Well it's coming.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 10:38:24 am »
Great :D I can't wait to see it.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »
I hope they sell it online

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:13:57 pm »
Sweet  ;D I hope they'll somehow sell it internationally.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

BurningDownLove

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 05:37:29 am »
Any relation to Swanson broth? lol

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:51:49 am »
Haha Martin you're such a talent for finding these things :)

I will probably totally buy it even if it's not...masculine. lol

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:46:51 am »
Haha Martin you're such a talent for finding these things :)

I will probably totally buy it even if it's not...masculine. lol

Haha, thanks! ;)

I might purhcase one or two things myself, depending on the price.

sabasaba

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »
I hope it's available online.

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 05:21:25 pm »
I emailed the store and they said they were still finalizing the design & expect to be wowed in mid August.
They seemed REALLY proud to have it as a store exclusive and they made it seem really awesome.
Although they didnt say it, it sounded like they were going to sell it online : )

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »
I was going to post about this but wanted to gather more info first! Makes me want to take a trip down there! So cool that she did it! I really don't understand why she keeps us in the dark on things like this(well the progress of it)?
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »
Oh wow, how did you find this piece of news!? I was actually just wondering whether she ever released that stationery line! I hope it's an online store..I wanna see her work!

I really don't understand why she keeps us in the dark on things like this(well the progress of it)?
Totally agree..maybe she's trying to see how successful she'll be without the help of advertising? xP But judging by her previous track record, it's probably cause she's too busy/can't be bothered to update us..

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 05:48:26 am »
I really don't understand why she keeps us in the dark on things like this(well the progress of it)?
Totally agree..maybe she's trying to see how successful she'll be without the help of advertising? xP But judging by her previous track record, it's probably cause she's too busy/can't be bothered to update us..
[/quote]

I don't think she's just trying to see how things work out without advertisement. I think that she just want to do things on her own pace, IMO. And about updating, I hope she'll be using at least her Twitter account more often.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sabasaba

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »
...and again, whatever happened to this project?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 06:51:32 am »
...and again, whatever happened to this project?

I agree. Anyone managed to get any updates?

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 08:12:43 am »
I've emailed a couple of times, but nobody ever replied, after telling me that it would probably be online mid-august..

Maybe just keeping trying, but that's all i know

~a