Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Dream  (Read 27248 times)

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanessa Carlton Dream
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:14 am »
Last night I had a dream that I was playing More Than This on piano, which is one of my goals, to play piano...so weird cause it felt like I was awake the whole time I was doing this...but when I actually woke up I was in my bed, VERY weird experience.

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »
it felt like I was awake the whole time I was doing this...but when I actually woke up I was in my bed, VERY weird experience.
Vanessa did an inception on you ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:19:50 pm by jérémy »

mixedanthony

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 08:16:13 am »
Loll she probably does have that sort of effect on me! Magic!

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:34 pm »
I dreamt last night that Vanessa came to visit our choir at high school (I'm not in high school anymore but I was in choir) since she had heard we had a kick-ass choir version (plus piano) of "London".  When she came in, I was pretty much hysterical because it was freakin' Vanessa Carlton and she was here to listen to us, a choir in Vancouver!  So we started to sing it with Vanessa playing piano and it was really great for the first bit but as the song went on, more and more people started zoning out or becoming bored or didn't know the words and stopped singing.  Eventually, I ended up being the only one singing while everyone stood looking around, bored, which was kind of embarrassing.  When we got to the bridge of the song, she stopped playing.  I asked if she wanted to go on and she didn't answer, just looked disappointed, and I was definitely disappointed with my choir, who, I think, by this point, somehow all went home, haha.
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:05 am »
Vanessa wasn't in the dream per-say, but her music was.  We were having  a family party and someone had a karaoke machine where we could upload our own music.  So of course we had an all Vanessa themed karaoke party where we all chose a Vanessa song to sing. I picked Rinse, but then I thought maybe I should have picked All is Well but wasn't sure I could hit the high notes, not that I could hit all the notes in Rinse but it might be easier for me.  And that's it!  I thought it was funny because everyone in my family and friends know how obsessed I am!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:54 am »
Vanessa has once again been front and center in a dream of mine.  She was doing a show and started with White Houses.  She started doing the introduction to the song but mixed it up some and at one point was playing with her elbows (and still sounded fantastic) and at another point she put a pencil under a piano key; the resulting sound was some what staccato (but also sounded fantastic) Then she began the song.  That song never actually finished in my dream.  Instead her hair was all of a sudden blond and in an up-do with a barrette/hair clip on the side of her head.  Then she began singing a new song.  She was about two lines in when hands appeared on her head touching the hair clip.  She stopped singing and a body appeared (owner of the hands)  It was a man, her manager or something and he said there was a malfunction of the hair clip which was part microphone and they had to stop.  Then Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt came down the aisle and to the stage.  They were sporting a young baby and English accents and proceeded to do a live action skit of some sort.  They asked Vanessa to play a part and then they said she should be in the movie, even though she would be made into a large bug, mostly digital, she would named in the credits. 
That is where Vanessa's part in the dream ends!
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 04:58:27 am »
I had a dream yesterday. It wasn't initially about her, but she got yanked in - and after thinking about it, I now know why.

So I was dreaming that I was at work and running away from an alien attack. Me and a few co-workers were crouching under rubble and stuff, then I hear Stevie's voice saying "...The only reason I'm singing this with her is 'cos I love the song so much and we're such good friends ... I think she's one of the great ones and I've listened to this record a thousand times .." (basically the whole speech before V performed Carousel). Anyway, I was like 'wtf? Stevie? WTF?' and then suddenly V was crouched next to me under the rubble singing "Carousel". And you know how dreams can be where it leaves one "scene" for another .. so I'm now just listening to Vanessa singing and bopping my head & stuff, and then I hear the clapping at the end and wake up.

I realised I'd left "Carousel" from the Sunset Sessions on repeat blasting away into my ears with my headphones on, lol. It was an interesting dream.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:38 am »
god, i had a vanessa dream last night. first time, i guess. it was soooooooo amazing.

so, i was in my car and had just bought rabbits on the run. i could see the cover, it was definetly dark. i started listening to it, but i only remember carousel. I NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE TO LISTEN TO A SONG IN A DREAM, BUT I TOTALLY COULD HEAR IT! god, it was wooooonderful, there were some drums on it, it was so clear, so pure. can't even explain it. it was just so nice, i felt so close to rabbits on the run. hope it happens again... i wanna listen to fair-weather friends hahaha.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:45:37 am by Fred_Saboya »

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:10 am »
I had a Vanessa dream last night.
All I remember is that ROTR came out, and the cover was that new picture that was posted online.  I looked at the tracklist on the back, but it was a bit different, and there were some new songs with weird titles.  Then Vanessa was having a concert, and I got tickets to it, but I had really bad seats.  I was in the back and people were blocking my view.  Then Vanessa said she was going to play new songs from ROTR, and I tried to get closer so I could see better, but I had to go around all these people and they were screaming, so I couldn't see or hear. By the time I got back to my seat, she was playing White Houses, and then that was the end of the show.  So I basically missed the whole show.  :(

Rekky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 12:44:08 pm »
Last night I had a dream about Vanessa, well, concretely it was about Carousel. I only remember that I was listening the song with my mp3 while I was walking. I know that it was the album version but can't remember anything of the song, nothing! But I'm sure that it was the album version.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 05:11:40 pm »
Last night I had a dream about Vanessa, well, concretely it was about Carousel. I only remember that I was listening the song with my mp3 while I was walking. I know that it was the album version but can't remember anything of the song, nothing! But I'm sure that it was the album version.

I love your sig!
~Sara~

mixedanthony

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
I had a dream a few minutes ago...I heard the carousel preview  ;D ;D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:56 pm »
I can add another V dream!  We (nessaholics) were at a concert of hers before the release of the Carousel music video.  She played Carousel then took us all back stage.  She took us to a board meeting type room with a long table and chairs all around it but it was dimly lit.  She and her management/razor and tie began handing out stuff to us all excited.  They said that the pictures were stills from the video and pictures that would run in an upcoming magazine.  As we were all excitedly looking through them the tone changed and they had bad news about her tour.. they never got to the bad news, I woke up!  I think I read read Dan's post about her tour before I went to bed last night. LOL. I hope you and my dream are not right!
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:28 pm »
I can add another V dream!  We (nessaholics) were at a concert of hers before the release of the Carousel music video.  She played Carousel then took us all back stage.  She took us to a board meeting type room with a long table and chairs all around it but it was dimly lit.  She and her management/razor and tie began handing out stuff to us all excited.  They said that the pictures were stills from the video and pictures that would run in an upcoming magazine.  As we were all excitedly looking through them the tone changed and they had bad news about her tour.. they never got to the bad news, I woke up!  I think I read read Dan's post about her tour before I went to bed last night. LOL. I hope you and my dream are not right!
The first part sounds very nice though!! Haha.

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »
Had two Vanessa dreams last night  ;D

First dream, I was in a studio (although it really didn't look like one) and I was chosen to do backing vocals for a song on the album  ;D was for a track that I have never heard before, Vanessa was there next to me and so was a Producer, it wasn't Steve though,and quite a few fans also.

Anyway I had three lines to sing at different times during the song, I sung my first line perfectly but kept messing up the second one  :( :( Vanessa started to get slightly annoyed with me  :o :( I kept on telling her it was not my fault as I had never heard the song before and didn't know the melody, she then said she had 30 new fans here including myself and she was going to try someone else  :'( :'( :( that person was awful though, so she asked for me to do it again, ;D  she took my hand and said, don't worry, I know you will get it right  :) My alarm went then, I am sure though if the dream had continued, I would have nailed the lines  :)

I had set my alarm slightly earlier then I needed, so I turned it to snooze and was asleep again almost immediately. Anyway second dream is kind of weird, I am not really in the dream myself, it relates to a DVD that will come with the album,the DVD will have 9 parts,  it is set in a garden similar to the one where she recorded the album in England, anyway Vanessa is in the garden with two other guys, the guys she worked on the album with, and she is dancing and is really happy that the album is finished and she is singing the words " It's a Carousel My Friend" over and over again, one of the guys sighs deeply and tells Vanessa to give it a rest  :o ( although it is said in a joking way).

Then Steve Osborne is speaking about Vanessa and he is saying what a great songwriter she is, and what a pleasure it was for him to work with her, and that he hopes the fans will enjoy the album as she has made it especially for us  :) Alarm goes for a second time, time to get up  :(
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you