Author Topic: Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 *rescheduled from 01.10.11*  (Read 38551 times)

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
Re: Western Carolina University - 02/14/2011 *rescheduled from 01.10.11*
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »
Go get 'em sarab  :D

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »
lol, I don't even recognize Valentines day as holiday anymore.  My husband and I don't celebrate. We take every day to appreciate and love one another!
ANYWAY.  IF I can get someone to switch with me on Sunday, and cover four hours of my shift on Tuesday, I can basically drive, sleep, go to the concert, drive back home (13+ hours each way) sleep, then go back to work. Do you think it's worth it?? I DO!

Awww, that's so cute! I like your philosophy rather than celebrating Valentine's Day once a year!  ;D
I hope you are able to go! It's worth it!

I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:16 am »
Now I have something to look forward to for the Valentine's Day. (:

I hope there'd be news from her regarding the album. We need a solid statement....

And new song. (Or at least a clearer version of Carousel & Fair-Weather Friends)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 02:57:14 am »
To those of you who make it; I hope you have a wonderful time (I'm certain you will).

I would love her to come play a show over here (Michelle Branch did that last year and her fanbase is as big as V's over here (i.e. not very big). So if she can pull it off, I'm sure V could). Sadly, I don't think it will happen and the only way I'll get to see Vanessa live is by flying to wherever it is she's playing ... but I'll need more time than what she gives us!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 08:28:12 am »
If it does work out, I'm going to try very hard to get good video/audio.  THe only thing I'll need help with is how to get it on the computer/internet where people can listen to it.  I have a Flip recorder and a camcorder that takes little dvds.  The flip only records 1 hour of video, so I figure I will use the camcorder for the most part, but when needing to switch dvds (also only an hour), I switch to the flip so I don't miss ANY audio, singing, talking or other.  It will be hard and the video might not be perfect but we can at least extract the audio?  My plan is to get there as early as possible to get a good seat, I've already staked out the school/theater so I have a good idea of where to go that way I don't get lost and waste time!  I have the four hours covered, so keep your fingers crossed that the other person will switch shifts with me!  I know I am already planning things in my head...
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:33 am »
If it does work out, I'm going to try very hard to get good video/audio.  THe only thing I'll need help with is how to get it on the computer/internet where people can listen to it.  I have a Flip recorder and a camcorder that takes little dvds.  The flip only records 1 hour of video, so I figure I will use the camcorder for the most part, but when needing to switch dvds (also only an hour), I switch to the flip so I don't miss ANY audio, singing, talking or other.  It will be hard and the video might not be perfect but we can at least extract the audio?  My plan is to get there as early as possible to get a good seat, I've already staked out the school/theater so I have a good idea of where to go that way I don't get lost and waste time!  I have the four hours covered, so keep your fingers crossed that the other person will switch shifts with me!  I know I am already planning things in my head...

That would be awesome. I'm sure we have a few people on here who would be willing to try and help out if/when that situation arises.

If you wait around afterwards, you have a very good chance of meeting the lady herself, too! ;)

Good luck. Fingers crossed you can sort everything out.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »
it's been FOREVER since I've seen her (and only once), how long do her shows usually last? I figure I need to leave by midnight to make it back and be able to sleep before work!  I wanted to hang around to see what would happen, I've been having daydreams about meeting her!
~Sara~

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »
sarab, you're my hero right now xD I hope you can make it..I'm so excited for you!! ;D

Wish V would come to Australia..that would make my life day!! :P

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 05:29:15 pm »
Someone has to represent!  I don't know if any other nessaholics are going, but from the looks of it, they aren't.  I have to get us some more material and hopefully news.  I'm really hoping this girl switches shifts with me!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:29 am »
Someone has to represent!  I don't know if any other nessaholics are going, but from the looks of it, they aren't.  I have to get us some more material and hopefully news.  I'm really hoping this girl switches shifts with me!

I'm happy for you. (: Enjoy and go grab whatever sound you can. Everything is precious.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 04:35:02 pm »
I still haven't heard back from my co worker, and instead of driving I'm looking into flying to ashville and then renting a car to get over to cullowhee for the concert.  I'm determined!
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »
I still haven't heard back from my co worker, and instead of driving I'm looking into flying to ashville and then renting a car to get over to cullowhee for the concert.  I'm determined!
I hope you can make it! it sounds like a lot of fun!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 12:13:42 am »
I hope you can make it! it sounds like a lot of fun!

I pray for you to be able to go. I know how great it would feel, so I really want you to have this chance.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »
thanks everyone! It's not looking so great though.  My coworker brought up labor laws...I don't think she wants to switch. I think I'm just going to ask for a V day (haha, vacation day!) It think it's still early enough notice to do that...we'll see!
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48:30 am »
Hope so!