Author Topic: Re: 08.05.09- The Americana at Glendale, CA (review)  (Read 14574 times)

Wicked

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: August 5, 2009- The Americana at Glendale, CA (review)
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 08:46:18 am »
I'm sort of embarassed to say that something had taken over me and forced me to run after her...and ask for an autograph which no one got...sort of bullshit, but whatever. An amazing experience nonetheless.

What do you mean? Why didn't anyone get one? Did she just say no? Didn't she sign stuff afterwards? I thought I saw pictures.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 08:34:05 pm »
She wasn't signing as she left the stage but she said she would be back and she totally did so your calling sort of BS is BS!! Sorry you missed out.

sabasaba

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 02:10:47 am »
She wasn't signing as she left the stage but she said she would be back and she totally did so your calling sort of BS is BS!! Sorry you missed out.

Yes, sadly, she did come back out. I say sadly because I had left by then and missed out.
:(

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:33 pm »
anyone able to make mp3s?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:18 pm »
This topic and performance is a bit old, but please tell me I'm not the only one addicted to these performances! Wish I could have been there as I live in California. I remember the day it happened and wanting to go so bad. Unfortunately, I was going through depression at the time and wasn't able to make it.

I always watch the videos and find her fascination with the wheels humorous because I go to the Americana all the time and I know what wheels she is talking about. It is such a random think to be amused by. Funny how someone as complex as V has this fascination with elevator wheels.

sabasaba

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 08:14:50 am »

Yes, sadly, she did come back out. I say sadly because I had left by then and missed out.
:(

I just read this over after a long time of trying to forget, and it's starting to depress me all over again.  :'(

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »
This topic and performance is a bit old, but please tell me I'm not the only one addicted to these performances! Wish I could have been there as I live in California. I remember the day it happened and wanting to go so bad. Unfortunately, I was going through depression at the time and wasn't able to make it.

I always watch the videos and find her fascination with the wheels humorous because I go to the Americana all the time and I know what wheels she is talking about. It is such a random think to be amused by. Funny how someone as complex as V has this fascination with elevator wheels.

You are not alone! I am TOTALLY addicted to her performance of "Half a Week Before the Winter." The intro that she does absolutely mesmerizes me! I try to replicate it when I play it, but of course, it's no where near as good.

I wish I could have gone to this performance too because I don't live too far from Glendale, but this was before I joined the forums or anything, so I wasn't aware that there was going to be a concert. When I found the videos on YouTube shortly after, I was really disappointed, BECAUSE I COULD HAVE TOTALLY BEEN THERE!!!!  :(
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

You are not alone! I am TOTALLY addicted to her performance of "Half a Week Before the Winter." The intro that she does absolutely mesmerizes me! I try to replicate it when I play it, but of course, it's no where near as good.

I wish I could have gone to this performance too because I don't live too far from Glendale, but this was before I joined the forums or anything, so I wasn't aware that there was going to be a concert. When I found the videos on YouTube shortly after, I was really disappointed, BECAUSE I COULD HAVE TOTALLY BEEN THERE!!!!  :(

I'm glad I'm not alone! Love all the performances.

Wow, you're a fan of The Fray too?? They're one of my favorite bands!