Author Topic: 04/02/2011 Mountain View Manor - Glen Spey, NY (review)  (Read 28777 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 04/2/2011 - Mountain View Manor, Glen Spey, NY (review)
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »
Did she know you were nessaholics?
i'm pretty sure she knows ;)

Nicole, Brian and Kulpy it was so good to see you guys again!  Loved seeing V and can't wait until i see ya'll again :)

lol, you're probably right. who else would be super excited and video taping sound check?  No one but a nessaholic :)
~Sara~

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »

Nicole, Brian and Kulpy it was so good to see you guys again!  Loved seeing V and can't wait until i see ya'll again :)

Ditto!    Its been way too long since I've seen you guys.   2 years is too long.  :)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 05:27:21 pm »

lol, you're probably right. who else would be super excited and video taping sound check?  No one but a nessaholic :)
She said from the stage during sound check that we were there too early and that she was supposed to be there alone.  It also looked like she was a little frustrated with the sound (she can be such a perfectionist) and at one point asked if we could hear ok...

then when she was done with sound check she came off stage and straight over to us and said at first she couldn't believe we were there, then she said actually she could but that she wasn't going to play very long and nothing new so she hoped we weren't disappointed.  I told her that on the drive up i was saying i missed skye and she said she brought him for me  ;)  then i was telling skye that Nicole (loveplasticlove) said Hi and Vanessa goes "but that is Nicole" and points at ILoveHanson and i said, oh the other Nicole...

Next year, 2012, it will be a decade since BNN release and this domain was first registered May 7th of 2002!

Creation Date: 07-may-2002

We've been supporting V for a decade?  really?

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »

Ditto!    Its been way too long since I've seen you guys.   2 years is too long.  :)
Funny how we went back to Milford :)  i didn't think i'd ever be going back there and yet i got to drive thru it!  again!

:)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 09:16:44 pm »

She said from the stage during sound check that we were there too early and that she was supposed to be there alone.  It also looked like she was a little frustrated with the sound (she can be such a perfectionist) and at one point asked if we could hear ok...

then when she was done with sound check she came off stage and straight over to us and said at first she couldn't believe we were there, then she said actually she could but that she wasn't going to play very long and nothing new so she hoped we weren't disappointed.  I told her that on the drive up i was saying i missed skye and she said she brought him for me  ;)  then i was telling skye that Nicole (loveplasticlove) said Hi and Vanessa goes "but that is Nicole" and points at ILoveHanson and i said, oh the other Nicole...

Next year, 2012, it will be a decade since BNN release and this domain was first registered May 7th of 2002!

We've been supporting V for a decade?  really?

-katia

I've always hated you guys for rubbing shoulders so intimately with her ;-).

But yeah! A decade! Crazy right? Thank you so much katia and all the other mods on this forum for keeping this website and this forum... You guys are the bestest!!! I mean sure there was the o-board and all that but I luckily made the transition to this forum way before the o-board became spamtastic and closed down. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the mods! This place makes me feel sooo much at home and I have actually I've grown up here!!! :D.

Funny thing, my text message ring tone is "We want the unicorns to live!" which I'd taken from your link in the signature about a year ago I think. It's hilarious when people hear it and I go like "What? Don't you want the unicorns to live?" :D

Anywho, back to the topic at hand:
1. I hate you guys even more for rubbing shoulders with her folks. I bet it was awesome.
2. Loved how she messes up during Home (soundcheck?) and does she actually say, "I swore in front of my parents!"?
Her vulnerability and ability to recoup immediately after a fall is in a cheesy way... inspirational :P
3. I loled so hard when at the soundcheck I could hear Andrew say "I feel so happy I could hear all the words" :D... I can imagine that with all you being our lyrics deducer and all that :P
4. I should probably not enumerate things like this, it's kinda geeky but meh... Um but yeah... THANKS for the videos kids! Looks like you had a great time!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:23:03 pm by joey »
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:05:17 am by KULPDOGG »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 02:13:12 am »
Thanks for the videos!

And the Home slip-up was the best I've seen in my life. "I've sworn in front of my parents!"  ;D I can hear her smile in her voice afterwards.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 04:32:17 am »

She said from the stage during sound check that we were there too early and that she was supposed to be there alone.  It also looked like she was a little frustrated with the sound (she can be such a perfectionist) and at one point asked if we could hear ok...

then when she was done with sound check she came off stage and straight over to us and said at first she couldn't believe we were there, then she said actually she could but that she wasn't going to play very long and nothing new so she hoped we weren't disappointed.  I told her that on the drive up i was saying i missed skye and she said she brought him for me  ;)  then i was telling skye that Nicole (loveplasticlove) said Hi and Vanessa goes "but that is Nicole" and points at ILoveHanson and i said, oh the other Nicole...

We've been supporting V for a decade?  really?

-katia

I've always hated you guys for rubbing shoulders so intimately with her ;-).

But yeah! A decade! Crazy right? Thank you so much katia and all the other mods on this forum for keeping this website and this forum... You guys are the bestest!!! I mean sure there was the o-board and all that but I luckily made the transition to this forum way before the o-board became spamtastic and closed down. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the mods! This place makes me feel sooo much at home and I have actually I've grown up here!!! :D.

Funny thing, my text message ring tone is "We want the unicorns to live!" which I'd taken from your link in the signature about a year ago I think. It's hilarious when people hear it and I go like "What? Don't you want the unicorns to live?" :D

Anywho, back to the topic at hand:
1. I hate you guys even more for rubbing shoulders with her folks. I bet it was awesome.
2. Loved how she messes up during Home (soundcheck?) and does she actually say, "I swore in front of my parents!"?
Her vulnerability and ability to recoup immediately after a fall is in a cheesy way... inspirational :P
3. I loled so hard when at the soundcheck I could hear Andrew say "I feel so happy I could hear all the words" :D... I can imagine that with all you being our lyrics deducer and all that :P
4. I should probably not enumerate things like this, it's kinda geeky but meh... Um but yeah... THANKS for the videos kids! Looks like you had a great time!

Ditto!  Thanks for all you do.  All the info, music, videos, dedication.  I've never been that dedicated (even to Vanessa) to anything in my life!  Both Vanessa, and all you mods, hardcore fans are inspirational. 
I guess I know who to attach myself to the next time I see Vanessa...that would be you guys because yeah, I am soooo jealous she knows who you all are and get to talk to her!  I hope she does EXTENSIVE touring this summer, not just a few dates, so that I can get to more concerts!
Thanks again guys!
~Sara~

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 09:10:06 am »
Thanks so much for your reviews and the info. I'm so happy you all went and so cute she said she hoped you weren't disappointed and lol that she said she can believe you came. Haha.

Good job BWilli, you pulled a Let. I won't tell you all the people I've done that to  ;)  

Are your photos HUGE, Kulpy or is that just me?

I haven't checked the videos yet but I love that she did HOME!!!

Looking forward to some show dates to start popping up.

And Happy Birthday, Katia!! You really did a great thing when starting this up. Remember when we all thought your name was Ka tia. Who knew we'd make such wonderful longtime friends through V and all her wonderful music.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:12:59 am by eclv »

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 09:46:56 am »
Thanks so much for your reviews and the info. I'm so happy you all went and so cute she said she hoped you weren't disappointed and lol that she said she can believe you came. Haha.

Good job BWilli, you pulled a Let. I won't tell you all the people I've done that to  ;)  

Are your photos HUGE, Kulpy or is that just me?

I haven't checked the videos yet but I love that she did HOME!!!

Looking forward to some show dates to start popping up.

And Happy Birthday, Katia!! You really did a great thing when starting this up. Remember when we all thought your name was Ka tia. Who knew we'd make such wonderful longtime friends through V and all her wonderful music.

haha, they are big, but I also uploaded them to facebook, so they should be a tolerable size on there.

also, so everyone knows, check the first post of this thread, I uploaded the soundcheck mp3s. they're available for download if anyone wants.

however i need to sleep and work again tonight (they're killing me ;_;)
so I would say by tomorrow morning sometime I should have the rest of the mp3s/maybe videos too up for download as well.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »
yay! you da best kulpy! hope you get to sleep sometime soon.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »
Thank you guys so much for the videos and reviews of the show; you're my heroes!

Without you I wouldn't be able to watch all these amazing performances by V.

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »
Videos 3 and 4 for the soundcheck are getting me rather excited for the album. I can't wait to learn/transcribe the full thing. :D
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2011, 11:35:10 am »
Awww you guys, thanks for the media!

It makes me sad that I wasn't there. I hope V hasn't forgotten about me!

Any hint on when the tour might be? (please say June, July or September!)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2011, 06:37:30 pm »
side bar, fracking is trending number two on yahoo right now, no mention of V's name yet, but I will continue to browse.
~Sara~