Author Topic: I love madonna's quote...  (Read 2525 times)

LimeTwister

I love madonna's quote...
« on: April 21, 2003, 07:49:50 am »
again, its not exact (I never get exact quotes lol).

"Its funny how ironic it is, we are fighting for democracy over there, yet back here, If we say something against the war, or the the President, we get punished, which is not democracy."

she didn't say the rest I am about to say, but how come America has to lead the re-building process?  How come we will not the Iraqis be the front line, and we will be there to help?...They are tired of our presence...the war should have been called "Operation: Iraqi gets about as much freedom as America, but America is the biggest best country so nan-a-nan-a boo-boo and we want your money"

*done with the venting*

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 09:57:02 am »
Joe,
  Let me exaplain something to you AND MAdonna.  Madonna is MORE THAN WELCOME to say whatever she wants.  HOWEVER, she does NOT get to be shielded from peoples responses to what she says.  THAT IS DEMOCRACY.  If a political candidate says something people dont like, then hes gonna lose the election.  That is democracy.  if the president says something we dont like, he wont get reelected.  That is democracy.
  If an ARTIST says something the FANS don't like, then we have the most DEMOCRATIC means possible to express our displeasure.  It's called a boycott.

Madonna continues to show her ignorance.

Next, is there a legitimate argument that we want to be the primary country in Iraq's rebuilding so that we can gain the most?  Yes.  But this is ONLY FAIR cause we SPENT the most getting rid of Saddam.  Besides, we are willing to let other countries contribute money and we may even give some rebuilding contracts to German and Russian businesses.

And I'm wonder how you, JOE, sitting in AMERICA, can presume to know if the Iraqi's are or are NOT tired of the American presence?  Did you go talk to them or something?

i dont want this to turn angry, but this is the same sort of ignorant ranting that made me leave the other VCMB.  Do your research before you spout off.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 10:01:54 am »
*applause for Andrew*
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

LimeTwister

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 10:13:14 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
And I'm wonder how you, JOE, sitting in AMERICA, can presume to know if the Iraqi's are or are NOT tired of the American presence? Did you go talk to them or something?

i dont want this to turn angry, but this is the same sort of ignorant ranting that made me leave the other VCMB.  Do your research before you spout off.
---Andrew

ok.  I shouldn't have made it sound like all Iraqi's.

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 11:08:46 am »
Because The United States IS the biggest and best country... and It's sad to see Americans losing sight of that...

and you understand that historically wars take years.. YEARS...  I'm sorry that this one wasn't fast enough for you... but this will not nor was it ever intended to be 100% completed quickly.  It will take years of rebuilding...

to say anything is a failure, or to say that anyone is tired of anything within this insanely short period of time is just not feasable...

Oh and real tired of us by the way:

"The commander of the Iraqi army's Anbar sector command, who led 16,000 troops with control extending to the Syrian border, surrendered to US forces today," Agence France-Presse reports:

"I am ready to help. Thank you for liberating Iraq and making it stable," Iraqi General Mohammed Jarawi told US Colonel Curtis Potts after signing the surrender in the western Iraqi desert.

"I hope we have a very good friendship with the United States," he said.

The Palestine Hotel has become a version of Speakers Corner in London's Hyde Park, with large numbers of Iraqis chanting and expressing diverse opinions about the war, Saddam Hussein and the US presence in the Iraqi capital.

One Iraqi shouted at US troops to "go home." He later told Arab News that their situation had gone from bad to worse because of the war, and blamed this solely on US troops.

But many Iraqis are happy to have US troops, a group of them chanting "Bush don't go."

"We don't want Chalabi," they screamed, expressing their distrust of the possible US-backed future Iraqi leader.

A month ago, Iraq was one of the most repressive totalitarian societies in the world. Now its citizens gather on the streets and openly debate the future of their country. How can this be anything other than a cause for celebration?
-- Jason

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 11:48:01 am »
yeah.... people are allowed to say what they want to here.... but they cant get mad if people have a few things to say back to them, lol
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 01:56:33 pm »
Did you read where Canada is going to harbor criminal of the Iraq govenment and not tell the U.S., i read it on aol's news thing this morning, that f'ed  up

Mike
.........the one and only!

LimeTwister

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 02:45:57 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
and you understand that historically wars take years.. YEARS...  I'm sorry that this one wasn't fast enough for you... but this will not nor was it ever intended to be 100% completed quickly.  It will take years of rebuilding...

to say anything is a failure, or to say that anyone is tired of anything within this insanely short period

I wasn't complaining about how long the war was/is...and I never said it was a failure.

and again, sorry I made it sound like all don't want our presence...

LimeTwister

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 02:48:28 pm »
also, was the looting thought of before the war?  It should have been, art historians warned the white house.