Author Topic: .. New Nessaholics Main Page? Yes? No?  (Read 8317 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: .. New Nessaholics Main Page? Yes? No?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »
Definitely agree we need a makeover and update. One thing for sure is across the top it has to be NESSAholics not all caps. I'll talk with the other mods & admin and see what we can do about a changes.

I hope they agree! the website looks old!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »
Definitely agree we need a makeover and update. One thing for sure is across the top it has to be NESSAholics not all caps. I'll talk with the other mods & admin and see what we can do about a changes.

not to mention the first thing you see is a news story from Januaray 2009-- alot has happened since then!
~Sara~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:52 pm »

not to mention the first thing you see is a news story from Januaray 2009-- alot has happened since then!

from the Heroes and Thieves era!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:37 am »
That is really beautiful, i think the background, lace, text and little rabbit are so fitting to the album

Maybe we could find a way to link the twitter updates to the main page as well as news.. just a thought.

I want to see that everytime i click on the site. Who is able to make the changes?

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 09:32:14 am »

Could we stick with the same color theme.

It makes me feel like I'm home :D
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 09:47:33 am »

Well, we are old, we've been around 9 years.

Priorities etc. have changed as far as having every minute to be online. Not to mention V hasn't done a whole lot the past few years.

Thanks for your guys' feedback but it's coming off really rude and unappreciative.  :-\

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 11:03:53 am »
That is really beautiful, i think the background, lace, text and little rabbit are so fitting to the album

Maybe we could find a way to link the twitter updates to the main page as well as news.. just a thought.

I want to see that everytime i click on the site. Who is able to make the changes?

If I supply the art, the moderators of the site can make the change if they agree. C:

@eclv - I hope I'm not offending you! I certainly don't intend to -- you guys have done a fantastic job with the upkeep of the site. I could never maintain a site for nine years! I was just proposing that we both get something out of this -- I get something for my portfolio for art school, and you get a nifty new site with only a little effort for coding on your part.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that you and all the other mods really are the backbone of the site. You do a fantastic job and I appreciate it so much. C:

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »

Well, we are old, we've been around 9 years.

Priorities etc. have changed as far as having every minute to be online. Not to mention V hasn't done a whole lot the past few years.

Thanks for your guys' feedback but it's coming off really rude and unappreciative.  :-\

I had a feeling you might have been upset.  With comments that I have made, I realize that you all have lives and jobs and families and what not.  I do not expect anyone's number one priority to be updating a fan page, even a fan page of Vanessa.  I apologize for any rudeness! (as none was intended, but even the best of intentions can be misinterpreted)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:00:15 pm by sarab »
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

I'm actually not a fan of the blue (not a fan of blue in general really) but I can see why you'd want to keep it  :)
~Sara~

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 03:52:11 pm »

I'm actually not a fan of the blue (not a fan of blue in general really) but I can see why you'd want to keep it  :)

I don't mind the blue, but the theme as it is matches what Nessa's site's style looks like as of right now. xD;

Also! New version! The top bar is now a bottom-bar. Made of typography.
Click here to see it.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »
I think it is a good layout.  I am also in agreement that a new site is in order... i just know i don't have the time.  I appreciate the willingness of the fans to contribute and make it a more collaborative approach.

and to whomever mentioned not liking the unicorn!  you clearly don't know the history of V with unicorns ;)

the cool thing about websites is whatever we don't like we can change... so the layout i've seen proposed looks good... and maybe we change it up in the future again if we want.

so to whomever wants to be the webmaster for nessaholics.com and design a new site contact me and we can discuss how we want to do it.

thanks
-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 08:16:53 am »
You could use a CMS like Wordpress and then modify an existent template with what Serentic did. I's easy to write articles, create users etc... No need to know any technical things (except for its installation).

I made a quick test in 15min but I will soon delete it.
http://tinyurl.com/3klfejm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:31:30 am by jérémy »

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:41 pm »
Kaysha, I'd be all for doing it if you could kind of moderate it..

What I mean is, I don't know the first thing about running a website. However, I do know how to create flash sites, so if you'd be willing to set up a flash content box on the main page, I can have the new layout up and running within two hours.

But I can't be the webmaster -- no time on my hands. xD

sabasaba

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 11:39:20 am »
I think it is a good layout.  I am also in agreement that a new site is in order... i just know i don't have the time.  I appreciate the willingness of the fans to contribute and make it a more collaborative approach.

and to whomever mentioned not liking the unicorn!  you clearly don't know the history of V with unicorns ;)

the cool thing about websites is whatever we don't like we can change... so the layout i've seen proposed looks good... and maybe we change it up in the future again if we want.

so to whomever wants to be the webmaster for nessaholics.com and design a new site contact me and we can discuss how we want to do it.

thanks
-katia

I want to help! :)