Author Topic: Last.fm and Vanessa Carlton (new Rabbits on the Run statistics inside!!![pg. 3])  (Read 16235 times)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
ok, so I went to Itunes and downloaded it but I don't know what to do now?  It doesn't do anything when I go to apps and double click on it.  Sometimes I can figure things out but this one has got me...

It should be in your iTunes library under the "Music" sidebar (if you're using iTunes on a computer), or already in your music section (if you downloaded straight from an iPod with wifi).

I only see it under apps.  I did it off the computer.  I have a really old ipod that I barely use anymore, so it's not wifi connected.

hum, on itunes, on the left sidebar under "STORE" it should appear a "shopping" or something else (mine is in spanish so i dont know). And it should be added automatically to you library. If not. Do a search on your computer or go to you iTunes Music folder, it downloads there.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
ok, so I went to Itunes and downloaded it but I don't know what to do now?  It doesn't do anything when I go to apps and double click on it.  Sometimes I can figure things out but this one has got me...

It should be in your iTunes library under the "Music" sidebar (if you're using iTunes on a computer), or already in your music section (if you downloaded straight from an iPod with wifi).

I only see it under apps.  I did it off the computer.  I have a really old ipod that I barely use anymore, so it's not wifi connected.

I'm confused. Did you buy it on iTunes? It shouldn't be under "apps" at all. Which version of iTunes do you have? The song should be under "music." Is it on your hard drive? Do you have a Mac or PC? If PC, go to My Computer, then "C" drive, program files, iTunes, and it should be in the music folder, and you might be able to drag it into iTunes from there. If you can't play it, contact Apple and tell them your problem or ask them for a refund.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
I've had an account for a few months now. I'm "scrobbling" Carousel right now. ;D

http://www.last.fm/user/Glosoli87

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email

I'm confused. Did you buy it on iTunes? It shouldn't be under "apps" at all. Which version of iTunes do you have? The song should be under "music." Is it on your hard drive? Do you have a Mac or PC? If PC, go to My Computer, then "C" drive, program files, iTunes, and it should be in the music folder, and you might be able to drag it into iTunes from there. If you can't play it, contact Apple and tell them your problem or ask them for a refund.

Oh, I think you misunderstand.  I have carousel, I am trying to get the last.fm thing to work in Itunes.  Kulp said it was free if you scrobble through there so I was trying to but nothing happens when I click on last fm.
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
ok, so I went to Itunes and downloaded it but I don't know what to do now?  It doesn't do anything when I go to apps and double click on it.  Sometimes I can figure things out but this one has got me...

I only see it under apps.  I did it off the computer.  I have a really old ipod that I barely use anymore, so it's not wifi connected.

Oh, I think you misunderstand.  I have carousel, I am trying to get the last.fm thing to work in Itunes.  Kulp said it was free if you scrobble through there so I was trying to but nothing happens when I click on last fm.

in order to scrobble a song while you're playing it on your computer through itunes or whatever you use to play music, you need to download the last.fm scrobbler. this is not an application, this is for your computer.
http://www.last.fm/download

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
^ There are applications for it though. There is an iPod/iPhone and an android one. The app sends the scrobbles to the last.fm servers and updates your account, provided you sign in through the app. It scrobbles the plays you make through which ever supported media player you use on your phone. I use Winamp on my android phone. Though I still use it on the computer software download scrobbler.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:36:43 am by itsthefiveofus »

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

craft

• View Profile
ok, so I went to Itunes and downloaded it but I don't know what to do now?  It doesn't do anything when I go to apps and double click on it.  Sometimes I can figure things out but this one has got me...

I only see it under apps.  I did it off the computer.  I have a really old ipod that I barely use anymore, so it's not wifi connected.

Oh, I think you misunderstand.  I have carousel, I am trying to get the last.fm thing to work in Itunes.  Kulp said it was free if you scrobble through there so I was trying to but nothing happens when I click on last fm.

Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about the song itself. Last.fm, when you download and install it, should automatically open when you open iTunes (there'll be a colorful icon in the taskbar), provided you downloaded the software and put in your last.fm information (you can download the software from here: http://www.last.fm/download).

Step 1, download the software
Step 2, install and fill out everything, which includes your last.fm account (if you haven't made a last.fm account, you must do so at the last.fm website)
Step 3, make sure you select the iTunes option in installation. When you get it downloaded, make sure your account information is put in by opening Last.fm, going to "Tools", then "Options", then "Account."

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about the song itself. Last.fm, when you download and install it, should automatically open when you open iTunes (there'll be a colorful icon in the taskbar), provided you downloaded the software and put in your last.fm information (you can download the software from here: http://www.last.fm/download).

Step 1, download the software
Step 2, install and fill out everything, which includes your last.fm account (if you haven't made a last.fm account, you must do so at the last.fm website)
Step 3, make sure you select the iTunes option in installation. When you get it downloaded, make sure your account information is put in by opening Last.fm, going to "Tools", then "Options", then "Account."

Thanks so much! I thought I had done what I needed to do, but I didn't actually download the software I guess, just signed up to the site and was able to listen to things on there.  Thanks for the step by step.  I pride myself in being relatively smart, but sometimes I need those inch by inch instructions!   ::)
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
oh Kulp, I didn't see your edit! Thanks for the help !  I think I got it now.  I've got vanessa radio going, but only 1 nessa song played so far..
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
how do you know if your music is scrobboling?
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
oh Kulp, I didn't see your edit! Thanks for the help !  I think I got it now.  I've got vanessa radio going, but only 1 nessa song played so far..

You might get a couple of her songs, but generally it will throw up artists that are very similar to her, great way to discover some new music, still don't get the scrobbling thing myself, but will have a read up.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email

your profile will show it.
here, this is you: http://www.last.fm/user/SaraBVC

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

You might get a couple of her songs, but generally it will throw up artists that are very similar to her, great way to discover some new music, still don't get the scrobbling thing myself, but will have a read up.

yeah, I'm there with you, it's a bit confusing for me at the moment, but it seems very similar to Pandora, which I use occasionally. I have my itunes open so hopefully my songs are being shared?
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

your profile will show it.
here, this is you: http://www.last.fm/user/SaraBVC

oh thanks!
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile

yeah, I'm there with you, it's a bit confusing for me at the moment, but it seems very similar to Pandora, which I use occasionally. I have my itunes open so hopefully my songs are being shared?

Do you mean being copied over to your last fm?

Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you