Other Topics > Completely Off-Topic

mature conversation

<< < (2/5) > >>

bumblebee429:
Like sarab, I sometimes feel very depressed. I've also suffered from quite bad anxiety, and in general don't deal very well when stressed (avoidance of the issue, smoking, a glass or two (or three) of wine).
This topic has actually made me think about how I've been living like this for years, and just haven't felt "right" or haven't felt fully "here" for a long time - I'm not sure if that makes sense?
What you guys have said about the medications your on, and how much better it makes you feel, makes me think maybe there's something that could make me not feel like that? I just don't know how to have that conversation with my doctor, you know?
Were your doctors/psychologists helpful? How did you start that conversation?

Sarah xx

sarab:

--- Quote from: bumblebee429 on June 27, 2011, 04:37:04 am ---Like sarab, I sometimes feel very depressed. I've also suffered from quite bad anxiety, and in general don't deal very well when stressed (avoidance of the issue, smoking, a glass or two (or three) of wine).
This topic has actually made me think about how I've been living like this for years, and just haven't felt "right" or haven't felt fully "here" for a long time - I'm not sure if that makes sense?
What you guys have said about the medications your on, and how much better it makes you feel, makes me think maybe there's something that could make me not feel like that? I just don't know how to have that conversation with my doctor, you know?

Sarah xx

--- End quote ---

I get that sentiment.  A lot of times I feel I don't belong anywhere and that I was meant for something different than what I've done with my life thus far.  Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I felt I was okay and that I prefer being where I am in life.  Not sure why though.

georgina:
yes, actually quite severely. I've been hospitalized six times in the past year. (3 in a mental institution, 3 in a medical hospital) for anorexia and bipolar i. i've been on sooo many medications. right now i'm klonopin, seroquel, and lamictal. it's fucking horrible. i've missed most of my senior year because i've been in the hospital. and i'm still not doing that great. but hey, i guess it's made life a tad more interesting. the manic episodes, atleast.

sarab:
Georgina, I am very sorry to hear of your troubles.  I do hope that the medications work for you and you can be on the path to recovery.  Good luck to you!

matchel:

--- Quote from: sarab on June 27, 2011, 06:32:11 am ---
--- Quote from: bumblebee429 on June 27, 2011, 04:37:04 am ---Like sarab, I sometimes feel very depressed. I've also suffered from quite bad anxiety, and in general don't deal very well when stressed (avoidance of the issue, smoking, a glass or two (or three) of wine).

Sarah xx

--- End quote ---

I get that sentiment.  A lot of times I feel I don't belong anywhere and that I was meant for something different than what I've done with my life thus far.  Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I felt I was okay and that I prefer being where I am in life.  Not sure why though.

--- End quote ---

I too suffer from severe anxiety. What I have noticed is that after I am forced to deal with a situation where my anxiety takes control, I get very depressed. My family isn't quite aware of my troubles, so I feel like I'm just stranded when the depression kicks in. And it's not just after anxiety that I feel depressed; depression just comes and goes randomly for me. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version