Author Topic: Dear California  (Read 40856 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dear California
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 02:04:12 pm »

As usual, I'm in a tricky predicament
Weather in my thoughts, on the roof sneaking a cigarette
Dear California, it's been nice to know ya
Tell me will you miss me when I'm gone?

It's this "whether" not "weather," right? Unless if she's being poetic and describing her thoughts as jumbled.

I don't see why it can't be "weather" tbh. It makes sense, since she's standing on the roof in California.

True enough. ._.

at first I was thinking weather ? that makes no sense.  Then I listened to it and weather in my head is very poetic.  could be stormy thoughts, or sunshiny happy thoughts, while smoking a cigarette on the roof .
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »

It's this "whether" not "weather," right? Unless if she's being poetic and describing her thoughts as jumbled.

I don't see why it can't be "weather" tbh. It makes sense, since she's standing on the roof in California.

True enough. ._.

at first I was thinking weather ? that makes no sense.  Then I listened to it and weather in my head is very poetic.  could be stormy thoughts, or sunshiny happy thoughts, while smoking a cigarette on the roof .
That's what in thinking too. Cause cigarettes are supposed to be calming, right?

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »

True enough. ._.

That's what in thinking too. Cause cigarettes are supposed to be calming, right?

For some, I find that after quitting but then having one every once in a while, it makes me all jittery.  My other thought is, if someone says "whether" they usually follow that up with two statements connected with an "or" like, "whether in my thoughts or sneaking a cigarette" (which makes no sense and i know that's not what she says, just using it as an example of what one would say using the word whether (which i know is misspelled anyway))
~Sara~

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »
Cause cigarettes are supposed to be calming, right?

For some, I find that after quitting but then having one every once in a while, it makes me all jittery.

I find that too Sara! (btw, nice name :))

If you smoke often, then yes, they have the affect of being "calming" (although cigarettes themselves don't make you feel calm, it's more that they relieve the anxiety associated with you craving one - so going from anxious to feeling normal is a relatively "calming" feeling)

But yeh, if I haven't had one in a long time, just like Sara, it hits me quite hard and I feel a bit jittery too.

(PS. trying to quit right now - anyone have any advice??)

Sarah xx

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:49 pm »
Pardon my naivety, but....

Does V smoke?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 08:02:28 pm »
sounds like she might dabble in it?
~Sara~

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 08:49:45 pm »
Well we know she smokes weed occasionally (or not-so-occasionally when she's on tour).
I get the feeling that she might also be an occasional smoker as well.
I can't see her as a pack-a-day regular smoker, but maybe she will have a cigarette every now and then, like when she's stressed or drinking or something (like me)

Sarah xx

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »
Well we know she smokes weed occasionally (or not-so-occasionally when she's on tour).
I can't see her as a pack-a-day regular smoker, but maybe she will have a cigarette every now and then, like when she's stressed or drinking or something (like me)

Sarah xx

I didn't know she smoked weed..?  Is this just speculation or ..?
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:56:33 pm »

Sarah xx

I don't think she has ever confirmed it officially, has she?  ???

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »

Sarah xx

Not that I'm judging, I would have not place to judge that, I've done plenty worse in my day.  I actually think it would be quite an experience to smoke up with her.  She is probably a lot of fun not to mention the conversations she must have with her enormously smart brain.
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »

Sarah xx

Not that I'm judging, I would have not place to judge that, I've done plenty worse in my day.  I actually think it would be quite an experience to smoke up with her.  She is probably a lot of fun not to mention the conversations she must have with her enormously smart brain.
I think she's talked about it jokingly. But nonetheless, I wouldn't judge her. I think it would actually be an experience. And yeah, any conversation with her would seem great. She really seems like she could hold a strong conversation.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »

Sarah xx

I think she's talked about it jokingly. But nonetheless, I wouldn't judge her. I think it would actually be an experience. And yeah, any conversation with her would seem great. She really seems like she could hold a strong conversation.

I know.. just considering the amount of books she reads and the content of those books-- it's amazing. 
~Sara~

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:46 pm »

True enough. ._.

For some, I find that after quitting but then having one every once in a while, it makes me all jittery.  My other thought is, if someone says "whether" they usually follow that up with two statements connected with an "or" like, "whether in my thoughts or sneaking a cigarette" (which makes no sense and i know that's not what she says, just using it as an example of what one would say using the word whether (which i know is misspelled anyway))

Yeah, it definitely sounds like I had quite the brainfart right  there. ._.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 11:30:45 pm »
She confirmed it in an interview AGESSSS ago that she smokes weed. I dunno if she still does. That's what I want to ask her. She said she used to get high with her band mates before shows too.

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 11:42:35 pm »

Sarah xx

she's confirmed it many times.

"I've been through tours where I was smoking pot every day. I'm more of a stoner than anything else, but I've tried everything, except heroin." - Blender Oct 2007 interview

Sarah xx