Author Topic: Marching Line meaning  (Read 5774 times)

nessaddict21

• Make me high on lullabies
  • I'm looking for wisdom in all the wrong places;
    • View Profile
    • Email
Marching Line meaning
« on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »
Does anybody know or have a guess of the meaning to the lyrics of Marching Line? I'm looking at the lyrics and I'm kind of stumped on the meaning.

I think when she says she's "An army of one" and that "It's time to join the marching line," she means that she's independent and she should join others or something. I don't really understand the rest.

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Re: Marching Line meaning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:20:01 am »
I think it's a combination of, as she put it, "the movie in her head", and also about the battle for love... it makes sense. It's just her fighting to keep it or defeat it or whatever. Something like that... that's just my idea. It could be nonsensical, but I doubt that. :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 03:54:38 pm »
If you look up The Marching Line San Francisco she explains the whole story of the song. It's quite charming.
Peace
Adriann

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:57:51 pm »
If you look up The Marching Line San Francisco she explains the whole story of the song. It's quite charming.

I find story and meaning to be different sometimes.. I see some of the story in the song, but I also think there is more to it than that (though i too don't know exactly but I think I had a few ideas on a different thread about the same song)
~Sara~

nessaddict21

• Make me high on lullabies
  • I'm looking for wisdom in all the wrong places;
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06:49 am »

ohh thanks for telling me about that  :) The audio quality's kind of bad so its hard to understand though.
I wish I could've been in sf a week before so I could  have gone to the concert, buut I was able to go to the one in L.A. haha.

edit: Wait do you guys know if the official name of the song is "The Marching Line" or "Marching Line?" I've seen both of them and I dont know which one is official.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:26:03 am by nessaddict21 »

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:17 am »
I see a person who's life is a mess, and makes the decision to kill herself. The marching line, to me is like people who have lost their lives simply because they don't want them. The ship is an ark to the next life, or heaven. Many people board the other ships, but the person we follow boards a ship alone, and leads the fleet. The fleet leaves the docks (their lives), and journeys into rough waters to start over, guided by will only...whether or not they made it remains to be decided by fate...