Author Topic: What genre do you put for your Vanessa Carlton songs in your music player?  (Read 4791 times)

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
I was recently going through the genres in my iTunes library and I noticed I put Pop, Rock, Pop-folk, and Vocal as the genres for V's songs. But I don't really think her style fits those genres (well maybe Pop-folk). The iTunes store also has her down for Pop, Singer/songwriter, and Rock. So I was wondering, what do other Nessaholics put her under?
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
I label them Adult-Pop.

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Heavy Metal Polka, obviously. ::)

But seriously, I think they're all under "singer-songwriter."

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
LOL at Heavy Metal Polka. What does singer/songwriter mean anyway? A lot of people write their own songs, but it doesn't mean they sound alike.  :-\ I guess Adult-Pop is pretty accurate.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Haha... well, I have BNN as rock, because it was more rock-ish than pop-ish. (those words do not exist. ignore that :)) And H&T and Harmonium are under pop, along with a bunch of unreleased stuff. And then the demo tape is under Pop-Folk (not my choosing of a name). haha.... ya. :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sabasaba

Pop, but only because that's what she's listed under in iTunes.

craft

• View Profile
LOL at Heavy Metal Polka. What does singer/songwriter mean anyway? A lot of people write their own songs, but it doesn't mean they sound alike.  :-\ I guess Adult-Pop is pretty accurate.

I guess it's what genre artists are labeled as when they write mostly all the songs by themselves, like Regina Spektor, Tracy Chapman, Nessa, Taylor Swift, etc.... ???

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sometime ago I decided not to put any of my music under a certain genre 'cause it's often so hard to figure out... So Vanessa's music is just Vanessa's music without labels for me. ;D
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
i always ignore the whole genre tab on my itunes, sometimes i can define a band by what they are, but i rarely bother doing so, especially in itunes. i never search by genre anyway.

but in general i hate classifying genres, i just find the whole thing sort of pretentious.

meh.

theres my comment. lol.
i donno.