Author Topic: Marie Claire Interview  (Read 7169 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Marie Claire Interview
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 08:05:04 am »
I wonder if the rain sound at the beginning of "London" is the sound she listens to to sleep at night. :D

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 09:02:49 am »
hahaha she's so funny and so... natural.
and the rain thing haha, i've tried it long time ago. http://www.rainymood.com/ here it is. it doens't work really well. i mean, it helps to relax but then it starts to get really anoying and you can't sleep haha
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:05:26 am by Fred_Saboya »

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 11:07:00 am »
LOVE her outfit, she seems so relaxed aswell. In interviews of past, she seemed really uptight whilst talking about her personal life. But here, just completely relaxed. And Donnie Darko <3 did she say she got her heels from Topshop?!
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:27 am »
I absolutely LOVED this interview. And of course she's a heels girl! I love her more and more everyday.
Peace
Adriann

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 11:44:56 am »
I love her in this interview, she always has a little snippet of wisdom to share, and yes, soft grapes are disgusting. So so true.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »
This was really a breath of fresh air, as the usual interview questions had gotten repetitive. However, something else was different about this interview: Vanessa typically is very thoughtful in her answers, which causes her to speak in an explanatory manner (which is slower, but not annoyingly so; I actually quite enjoy it).  However, I have a feeling they either gave her the questions beforehand or she was in a different mood than the one we usually see her in. And even on top of this faster answering, the video and sound editing were worked to make the interview seem more exciting and fast-paced.

Interesting.  :D

sabasaba

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »
More from the Marie Claire feature:

As Sergio Kletnoy treats himself to a much-needed cocktail of rom-com, a pedi and some bathhouse detoxing in this afternoon (Chic wonders: Where art thou, summer Fridays?), it's time to live vicariously like JoCo's assistant, from hanging with Vanessa Carlton and her pooch to romping around in the Marie Claire fash closet. For more Sergio--you know you want it, darlings!--head to @SergioKletnoy for au courant absurdity. J'adore!

Monday, 10:30 a.m.
Just finished an interview with Vanessa Carlton, who brought along her long-haired dachshund, Victor. Vanessa was in town promoting her fourth studio album, “Rabbits On The Run,” a dreamy, whimsical collection inspired by—get this—Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time and Richard Adams’ Watership Down. I’m obsessed with Carousel, the first single off the album, which evokes Stevie Nicks in all the best ways. Vanessa had been up since the crack of dawn and sweetly requested black coffee, no milk or sugar. (That’s how you know you’re dealing with a serious artist.) While I peppered her with questions, her dog found a comfortable place at my feet (dogs love me), patiently waiting for his owner to get on with her full day of press. Midway through our chat, my focus shifted to the palm of Vanessa’s left hand, which had scribbles all over it, Sarah Palin-style. Turns out that after seeing me, she was off to Rolling Stone for a private performance and had the lyrics to a Brian Jonestown Massacre song she’d be covering written on her hand. I had to laugh—it brought me back to my high school cheating days. And just like Vanessa, I was busted each and every time.

...and some photos:

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »
What is that cover?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 08:28:25 pm »
I love this interveiw! It's, upbeat and has different questions (YES!) then other interveiws. About 4 more days!  ;D

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 09:36:48 pm »
Love the pictures(:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 10:18:05 am »
love the pictures. yeah, what's that cover?
i'm sure it's not a live cover, cuz it would be stupid to write it on her hand since she would be playing the piano...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 10:28:16 am »
This is when she taped at Rolling Stone:

http://twitpic.com/5s5c5m
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:32:59 pm by Martin. »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
I wonder if the rain sound at the beginning of "London" is the sound she listens to to sleep at night. :D

I always thought the beginning sounded like rain to me, not an ocean, so I agree.
I don't think she literally means a witch doctor, though she might.  I think she is referring to a psychologist/being in therapy.
This interview was great.  Different questions and to the point. Love love!
I googled witch doctor tea and nothing really came up, I wonder if it's just an herbal tea or a medicated tea? hmm..
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 10:39:40 pm »
Anybody know what her hand says? Haha