Author Topic: "Rabbits on the Run" Part 3 07.26.11 It's here!!  (Read 99019 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Part 3 07.26.11 It's here!!
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2011, 11:28:22 am »
Well Hitsdailydouble didn't even mention Vanessa's sales, so I'm guessing they're awful and really low. Hardly surprising.

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2011, 11:43:32 am »
Well Hitsdailydouble didn't even mention Vanessa's sales, so I'm guessing they're awful and really low. Hardly surprising.

Well, I don't think it's their expectation that she will sell as many albums as Kelly Rowland. I think she will do good for an indie artist. And Leno and Lately show is coming up. Don't you think that can boost the sales?

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:09 am »

Well, I don't think it's their expectation that she will sell as many albums as Kelly Rowland. I think she will do good for an indie artist. And Leno and Latly show is coming up. Don't you think that can boost the sales?

I wasn't expecting her to sell aswell as Kelly Rowland, I was just expecting to see sales of at least 10,000 (even though that's still bad). But I don't even think she's gonna pull THOSE numbers in. It's quite sad. I don't really care where it charts, but we ALL know sales are everything in this industry. We nearly didn't get this album because her last album flopped harder than a fish out of water & she was SO close to giving up.

I know R&T are a small label and are doing promo for her, but she needs something bigger than these online magazines she's been doing & stuff. HOPEFULLY these shows tonight will help. I think a kick-arse performance of "Bride" with a band & small choir would have been great.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »
Ummmm...the album hasn't even been out for a full 2 days?? We won't know first weeks sales until atleast next Wednesday!!! ???
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »
Ummmm...the album hasn't even been out for a full 2 days?? We won't know first weeks sales until atleast next Wednesday!!! ???

Yeah, I know. These are projected sales I'm talking about. HDD do these every week and are fairly accurate. So for Vanessa to not be on their list is worrying from a sales point of view.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »
Okay, so I emailed HDD and they said she's projected to sell 7-8k.

Harmonium

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2011, 12:43:44 pm »

Ok, Colbie Caillat was expected first-week sales in the 55-60k range. But she sold 70,000 copies, and she had a Leno show after the first prediction. So I think it will sell more than the first prediction! How much do you think R&T expect her to sell? God i want this album to do well.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »
I'm guessing at about 15,000...yes first week sales are very important..because this is an indie project, she could easily tour on this album for 2 years make profit from that.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »

Ok, Colbie Caillat was expected first-week sales in the 55-60k range. But she sold 70,000 copies, and she had a Leno show after the first prediction. So I think it will sell more than the first prediction! How much do you think R&T expect her to sell? God i want this album to do well.
I think we all want her to do well(: but it's funny she seems quite content with where she is. She's just so humble. Sometimes I think she actually enjoys the fact that she has a small circle of fans compared to other mainstream artists.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2011, 02:53:26 pm »
Yeah, we all know she doesn't care much about sales and numbers, but realistically she has to make enough profit from this to be comftorable. We know She still has a tidy income from ATM, but how regular or how much that is we don't know. Especially since she paid to make this album herself. Will that cash pool dry up? What then?

She has said before how she gets disheartened by the industry and questions continuing. Whether this is due to money/success or not we don't know but she doesn't seek fame. I think theres a pretty obvious pattern emerging now that each of her albums sell a humble amount and her fanbase stick by her, she has trouble penetrating into radio/mainstream/the public conciousness. Is this enough for her? We don't know. I doubt it will come as a surprise, she knows her place in the industry by now. Obviously we as fans want to see her do well because we feel she deserves it and to incite her to continue. However many artists do make a career on a small solid fanbase. Most of the money in music these days comes from touring. You gotta tour, tour tour! and it looks like that's what she plans to do.

Although this is a new chapter for V, I hope she wasnt pinning too much on a "comeback". I read earlier how she's "exploring my own purpose and why I exist". Figuring out her place in the world. I just hope she thinks it's with us and thats good enough for her. It's not even a case of "If at first you dont succeed, try and try again" because that comes back to sales defining success. She hasn't failed, we are her success. She's reached people, influenced people, meant something to people. She's an artist, not a business woman. That's all well and good to say, but if she can't financially afford to do it all again, that's another story. See it's a viscious circle. A Carousel! lol.

Basically it's a tricky tentative situation, this industry. We probably won't know her next move for at least a year or two. Lets not worry about sales and chart positions and just enjoy the music and this era. Never be deterred Vanessa, you're still carrying the torch like Stevie told you. It will always shine brightly to us.

PS. sorry for the long rant to reach a simple point. I'm just enjoying typing and being on the boards today lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:10:52 pm by TRINIST »

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:58 pm »
7-8k?! that is so sad!! haha. i honestly was expecting like 50k at least! i guess i don't know anything about cd sales...

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »
Yeah, we all know she doesn't care much about sales and numbers, but realistically she has to make enough profit from this to be comftorable. We know She still has a tidy income from ATM, but how regular or how much that is we don't know. Especially since she paid to make this album herself. Will that cash pool dry up? What then?

She has said before how she gets disheartened by the industry and questions continuing. Whether this is due to money/success or not we don't know but she doesn't seek fame. I think theres a pretty obvious pattern emerging now that each of her albums sell a humble amount and her fanbase stick by her, she has trouble penetrating into radio/mainstream/the public conciouseness. Is this enough for her? We don't know. I doubt it will come as a surprise, she knows her place in the industry by now. Obviously we as fans want to see her do well because we feel she deserves it and to incite her to continue. However many artists do make a career on a small solid fanbase. Most of the money in music these days comes from touring. You gotta tour, tour tour! and it looks like that's what she plans to do.

Although this is a new chapter for V, I hope she wasnt pinning too much on a "comeback". I read earlier how she's "exploring my own purpose and why I exist". Figuring out her place in the world. I just hope she thinks it's with us and thats good enough for her. It's not even a case of "If at first you dont succeed, try and try again" because that comes back to sales defining success. She hasn't failed, we are her success. She's reached people, influenced people, meant something to people. She's an artist, not a business woman. That's all well and good to say, but if she can't financially afford to do it all again, that's another story. See it's a viscious circle. A Carousel! lol.

Basically it's a tricky tentative situation, this industry. We probably won't know her next move for at least a year or two. Lets not worry about sales and chart positions and just enjoy the music and this era. Never be deterred Vanessa, you're still carrying the torch like Stevie told you. It will always shine brightly to us.

PS. sorry for the long rant to reach a simple point. I'm just enjoying typing and being on the boards today lol.

*applause*
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »
Got mine in the mail today  :)

(And man...not a knock on V at all, but CDs in general...packaging has gotten so cheap with the sleeves instead of plastic cases.)

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2011, 05:26:23 pm »
Got mine in the mail today  :)

(And man...not a knock on V at all, but CDs in general...packaging has gotten so cheap with the sleeves instead of plastic cases.)

So did I! I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't plastic as well. Now I have to be extra careful XD

In a way, it's sort of reminiscent of a vinyl record case, and that was kind of the point of the album, right? This was made for vinyl.
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:24 pm »
In a way, it's sort of reminiscent of a vinyl record case, and that was kind of the point of the album, right? This was made for vinyl.

Exactly. I prefer digipacks, they're nicer to hold and look through. Plus I don't think this cover/artwork would have looked good in a plastic jewel case.

Also, R&T just uploaded IDWTBAB onto youtube :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:47:03 pm by TRINIST »