Author Topic: Rabbits On The Run Vinyl  (Read 96935 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Rabbits On The Run Vinyl
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »
You hear people that say that music is only meant to be heard on vinyl and things like that. Honestly I don't hear that much of a difference, with the exception that CD is flawless and vinyl does have that imperfection that gives a depth to it. Songs like Hear The Bells, The Marching Line, In the end were even more haunting when I listened to them on vinyl! Then, I don't know for what reason but "Fairweather Friend" was the song I appreciated the most on vinyl (along with Hear The Bells!), Vanessa's voice was in a way floating above the music and that made the song even more special. Then there are songs I gotta admit, weren't really different TO ME (like Dear California - which is one of my favorite of the record btw).

EDIT : that brings me to another question. Are the mp3s files sold with the vinyl the same mp3 you'd have if you ripped your CD with iTunes (well only in 320 kpbs!) or are they mp3 rips of the vinyl?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:29:44 pm by Rabbits_on_the_run »

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2011, 11:54:04 am »
You hear people that say that music is only meant to be heard on vinyl and things like that. Honestly I don't hear that much of a difference, with the exception that CD is flawless and vinyl does have that imperfection that gives a depth to it. Songs like Hear The Bells, The Marching Line, In the end were even more haunting when I listened to them on vinyl! Then, I don't know for what reason but "Fairweather Friend" was the song I appreciated the most on vinyl (along with Hear The Bells!), Vanessa's voice was in a way floating above the music and that made the song even more special. Then there are songs I gotta admit, weren't really different TO ME (like Dear California - which is one of my favorite of the record btw).

EDIT : that brings me to another question. Are the mp3s files sold with the vinyl the same mp3 you'd have if you ripped your CD with iTunes (well only in 320 kpbs!) or are they mp3 rips of the vinyl?

Same here!!! I wish i could listened to Hear the bells more in depth...I only listened to the vinyl once between the LP player was at my cousins house and i couldn't quite concentrate because it was a party too lol Happy Labor Day everyone!

DriftingOverMe

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #227 on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:19 am »
Does anyone have one they are willing to sell or maybe you bought an extra. I'm willing to pay :)

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2011, 10:38:34 am »
Her site says there is going to be a new allotment of vinyls available in four weeks! Does this mean they are making more?! :D
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2011, 10:42:33 am »
Her site says there is going to be a new allotment of vinyls available in four weeks! Does this mean they are making more?! :D

Seems like they're responding to the demand. Perfect! : )

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2011, 12:30:13 pm »

Seems like they're responding to the demand. Perfect! : )

THANKS GOD!... and vanessa's people.

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2011, 03:48:28 pm »
Thanks to pupmagic! Thanks to pupmagic!! Thanks to pupmagic!!!  :D

I got #189

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2011, 08:02:19 am »

Now that the site was fixed, it reads "IMPORTANT: Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery"

nessaddict21

• Make me high on lullabies
  • I'm looking for wisdom in all the wrong places;
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »

Now that the site was fixed, it reads "IMPORTANT: Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery"

oh thats always been there haha.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2011, 07:27:00 pm »
In case anyone is wondering/ has not been informed, the vinyl is being sold on-the-go in her fall tour with Matt Nathanson. You can check her "shop" on her official site.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2011, 03:46:35 am »
Oh great, they finally put the poster up in the online shop... but they won't ship it outside the US! *shakes head*

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56:47 am »
No international orders  :-\

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:52 am »
No international orders  :-\

Then again, Manny.. she did Tweet this:

Vanessa has a limited edition signed poster & CD for auction. Proceeds go directly to Indiana State Fair Tragedy -MGMT http://bit.ly/IndianaAuction

Maybe we should also make a separate thread for vinyl/poster requests? I see them floating randomly, but I don't know if any exchanges have been negotiated.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2011, 06:34:12 am »
What a load of crap.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »
What a load of crap.

Not sure what happened..  ??? The auction may have ended already.. that was quick.