Author Topic: What stuff would you like to see from Vanessa?  (Read 7139 times)

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
What stuff would you like to see from Vanessa?
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:04 pm »
I've noticed how most indie acts seem to have a lot of merchandise for sale, I think it's a decent part of thier revenue because they're mostly focused on smaller fanbases like Vanessa, and it helps them reach out with fans.  That's where Vanessa's career strength lies, with a humble but dedicated fanbase.
I got to thinking how V has never really had any merch for sale. Other bands have released cool things like album box sets or limited art prints that I really cherish. It's sad that all Vanessa has really released is her 4 albums. I know there is the ROTR poster but it was only available on tour. Now that this online store is on her website, what would you like to see? T-shirts? hoodies? prints? keyrings? calenders? a DVD? what V stuff would you guys want?

My dream Vanessa item is an EP of some unreleased songs, just recorded acoustically like the ROTR bonus tracks, that comes with a booklet featuring hand written notes/drawings and unseen photos from V and maybe a few art postcards.

If you guys are up for the idea of some official V merch, I'd love to see us all tweeting Razor & Tie about it. Other artists on that label have merch stores. You never know, we might just end up getting a few exclusive items! :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:29:17 pm by TRINIST »

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: What stuff would you like to see from Vanessa?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:31:24 pm »
Yes! I wholeheartedly agree.

It pains me to see the online store just sat there doing nothing. I'm sorry, but as cool as those chocolate rabbits are, who is honestly going to want those other than the hardcore fans? Then there's the poster you can't even buy and a vinyl record that's out of stock -- seems like they've just abandoned this "store" before it even began (like what happened with the last one).

I definitely want more Vanessa merchandise - t-shirts, posters, badges, keyrings, etc. An EP full of unreleased material would be awesome! Wouldn't mind seeing a DVD from her too.

They must have shot a ton of footage of Vanessa recording 'Rabbits on the Run' too -- why not do something with that? Shove a few unreleased tracks/demos/whatever on iTunes and make some profit that way also.

There's so much they can do with all this stuff.

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »
Oh definitely as much related music items as possible, wouldn't really be into the likes of T Shirts, though wouldn't mind seeing some more posters.

With her site in general, yes definitely must be tons of unreleased stuff, behind the scenes footage would be great to see.

I know one thing I would buy are Vanessa instrumentals for all her albums.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Rick

• building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:29:05 pm »
Tegan and Sara released a demo version of their CD "The Con", which included all the demo versions of each track on the album. They sold them during their tour and donated all profits to charity. I think V should do the same, considering how much we've heard about the demoing process for this album. I'm really curious to hear what some of the Rabbits' early tunes sounded like.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:25:03 am »
I'd really like a nice t-shirt - something classy, not too girly, and nothing that has her face on it (not that I don't like her face, but I'd feel kinda weird wearing that around lol)

I'd love a black polo shirt that has the ROTR logo (the three rabbits) in the upper corner pocket.  That's never happening in a million years, but I'd definitely buy it.

And yeah, they should put unreleased stuff up on iTunes.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:56:28 am »
I would also like a shirt w/some rabbits on it. Yea wearing her face would be so weird. She's not that kind of person. haha
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:07 am »
Good to see people behind this! :) Are any of you guys tweeting R&T?

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:36:24 pm »
I'd really like a nice t-shirt - something classy, not too girly, and nothing that has her face on it (not that I don't like her face, but I'd feel kinda weird wearing that around lol)

I'd love a black polo shirt that has the ROTR logo (the three rabbits) in the upper corner pocket.  That's never happening in a million years, but I'd definitely buy it.

And yeah, they should put unreleased stuff up on iTunes.

I agree, I don't think I'd like to wear anyone's face on my shirt! It's just kind of awkward.

I would like to see some jewelry. Like maybe earrings or a necklace with the rabbits design or the V symbol that's on the CD liner notes. Like, on some kind of distressed silver metal or something. Haha, I don't exactly know how to describe it, I have some earrings kind of like I'm describing, and I would totally wear V earrings. She has such good taste in jewelry, I think it would be cool if she designed some!
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:48:25 am »
I really think V needs to release a B-sides album. She has soooooooooo much amazing material, it deserves to either be released as is or re-recorded and re-done in studio.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:44:00 pm »
it would be a really beautiful t-shirt, but i don't know... i prefer the unreleased songs and posters. they definitely should trust a little more on that online store.

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »
A rabbits t-shirt would look very nice. Recording unreleased songs and the songs that were recorded but not released, released.
I'd buy anything.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
I really think V needs to release a B-sides album. She has soooooooooo much amazing material, it deserves to either be released as is or re-recorded and re-done in studio.

This. 

She has at least one album, maybe two, of releaseable material that fans would love to have.  It would cost her nothing to re-record a few of those songs and throw in a few demos or even early live, unbootlegged tracks.

It would be awesome!  I don't know her, but I fear that she feels as if she has moved on from the early days and doesn't want to revisit old material.  No tracks held back from previous albums have ever showed up later.

Morning Sting is a good example of a song as good as anything she has released but just hasn't seen the light of day yet.
I assume that there would be no viable way to wrestle any masters away from the UMG years..................

Dan/NS

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:23:18 am »
But I think we all know that V was never in this career for the profits, which extensive merchandise collects for artists and labels. I still agree with the thoughts above. One thing I dream of to be in the online store is some exclusive vinyl player with a black matte finish (matte, not gloss ;)), has Jo Ratcliffe's rabbits painted along the sides, and has V's autograph somewhere on the top. I guess that's just for me, because I lack one and desperately wish to have one soon. Hahaha.

Besides that, T-shirts/long-sleeved shirts, keychains, some personal tour diary pamphlet, and stickers would be really cool to see in the store. We can still dream! : )

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 11:47:56 am »
T-shirts, BEANIES i still wear my unicorn red and blue one for snowboarding ^___^. HEROES AND THIEVES SONG BOOK!! lol i will never let that go...and some decals would be NICE! and of course her unreleased songs...i got a hoodie from her a long time ago but its waaay to big :( so i never wear it

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:06 am »
T-shirts, BEANIES i still wear my unicorn red and blue one for snowboarding ^___^. HEROES AND THIEVES SONG BOOK!! lol i will never let that go...and some decals would be NICE! and of course her unreleased songs...i got a hoodie from her a long time ago but its waaay to big :( so i never wear it

a hoodie? Could you post pics?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.