Poll

What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?

Be Not Nobody
2 (6.7%)
Harmonium
5 (16.7%)
Heroes & Thieves
11 (36.7%)
Rabbits On The Run
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?  (Read 7839 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite Vanessa Carlton album?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:30 pm »
Heroes, I think, has the best batch of songs. Besides, it has the most of my favorites (More Than This, Home, Hands On Me) The production can be improved, I guess, by making it more stripped down. But over all, I like it the way it is.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

beautyofspeed

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 02:54:31 pm »
Rabbits on the Run. Vanessa has always been my absolute favourite artist and the only person I "follow" but until Rabbits on the Run my favourite album was Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes. The album just feels so put together. Second favourite is Be Not Nobody.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
It's always hard for me to choose a favorite anything by Vanessa when someone asks me that question.  It's like "What's your favorite VC song? What's your favorite album?"  I can't choose a favorite because they all hold a special place to me in some way or another, so in theory they are all my favorite.  However, that being said, I think that Rabbits on the Run is probably my favorite album because the genuine feel of all the songs is so pure and it just speaks to me and I really value V for creating it =)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:02:44 pm by pswik91 »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 11:54:19 pm »
It's always hard for me to choose a favorite anything by Vanessa when someone asks me that question.  It's like "What's your favorite VC song? What's your favorite album?"  I can't choose a favorite because they all hold a special place to me in some way or another, so in theory they are all my favorite.  However, that being said, I think that Rabbits on the Run is probably my favorite album because the genuine feel of all the songs is so pure and it just speaks to me and I really value V for creating it =)

RIGHT on.  That's how I felt about picking a favorite off the ROTR album.  I still haven't!
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:30 am »
It just occurred to me that this thread should probably be under the polls category. Just putting that out there.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 09:21:19 am »
This is a really difficult question for me to answer, but for a different reason from what other people have been saying: I tend to have a "most recent" bias, as in I think I like the newest album best because the songs are fresher in my mind, as opposed to a previous album that I've been listening to forever and thus the songs are kind of old for me. 

But if I try to remember how I felt about each album when it first came out, I'd say I was most immediately attracted to Heroes and Thieves: I still remember when I went to Vanessa's website for the first time, and saw that pretty drawing her her and Lord Victor at the camp fire, and that beautiful melody from "More Than This" started playing... I felt like I'd been transported back in time to some medieval moment or something... it was just magical.  So I voted for H&T because I think that album stayed with me for the longest after its release.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 09:35:02 am »
ROTR and H&T seem to be battling out in the poll! I feel so bad for BNN and Harmonium... can't I just vote for them all? ::)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:38 am »
I only feel bad for Harmonium. I voted for Rabbits and LOVE, or shall I say ADORE Heroes but Harmonium is just a part of me. I mean I can play all the songs on piano and they're always with me, somehow!