Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton - Songwriting  (Read 7062 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: Vanessa Carlton - Songwriting
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:49 am »
Oooh this is great!

When she says "that song about the sky," is she referring to ATM ("If I could fall into the sky")?

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 07:42:26 am »
Oooh this is great!

When she says "that song about the sky," is she referring to ATM ("If I could fall into the sky")?
I thought she was talking about Ordinary Day "just an ordinary boy, but he was looking to the sky."
But both songs have skies in them... Which one?? It's probably ATM... But it could be Ordinary Day too.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:46:03 am by Onyx »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:48 am »
Oooh this is great!

I thought she was talking about Ordinary Day "just an ordinary boy, but he was looking to the sky."
But both songs have skies in them... Which one?? It's probably ATM... But it could be Ordinary Day too.

twilight has skies on it too.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 10:11:45 am »
Her response to the "early stuff" question makes me think of ALL the songs she wrote before turning 23/24. That's a lot of demos, unreleased songs, etc. But I still love all of her stuff, like everyone else. Always will : )

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »
Her response to the "early stuff" question makes me think of ALL the songs she wrote before turning 23/24. That's a lot of demos, unreleased songs, etc. But I still love all of her stuff, like everyone else. Always will : )

AMEN. Haha. I thought some of her unrealeased songs are the best ones! Like Best Behavior. I just heard that song for the first time the other day and I fell in love with it.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.