Author Topic: 9/27/2011 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)  (Read 3266 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
9/27/2011 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:14 pm »
Show was awesome and I got to meet V afterwards!! I think the correct order of songs was:

Carousel
TTFS
Fairweather Friend
Fools Like Me (Rhodes)
ATM (Rhodes)
Hear The Bells
London
IDWTBAB

Hear the Bells sounded really amazing live! I went to the merch booth after her set and bought a piano book and V came out shortly after. She was very nice and asked my name and shook my hand! She signed my book and asked me if I played. Then her pen bled on my book and we laughed. I told her that the set sounded really amazing and I loved Hear The Bells and we took a picture together. I'll upload the picture in a bit. She looks beautiful but I kinda look like Smeagol. I love it so much though!! It was so surreal actually talking to her! Best night ever!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:56:19 am by Arwen »

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
Re: 9/28/2011 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »
Thanks for sharing this! Seems like this may be the exact or similar setlist for this tour.. I like the selection! And I could imagine 'Hear The Bells' sounding so good live.. especially since the vocals aren't as echoey. Glad to hear that you got to meet her and chat a bit. I'm hoping to have a better conversation with her one day, just b/c she's very sweet.

AlexanderLaska

Re: 9/28/2011 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:20:53 am »
You just gave me a HEART ATTACK, because you made me think I missed tonight's concert or something since the title of this thread is 9/28 haha.

I'm happy to see she'll be taking pictures, even though I'll have to bother someone to take it for me.  Definitely bringing my camera!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: 9/27/2011 9:30 Club - Washington, DC (review)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:05:50 am »
I'll take your pic with her if I'm there at the same time! There was also a really nice dude that worked there that took my pic with her. I can't wait for tonight!

Also, she had CDs, songbooks, and posters. If there are no chocolates tonight I'm gonna get another poster.

Here is my pic with her:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:15:46 am by Arwen »

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:05:44 am »
Oooh, you got tickets for both, good for you!  I'm SO excited for tonight.  I've decided I'm not gonna stay for Matt since I have to go to work tomorrow morning.  I'm just gonna get there when the show's about to start, hang out in the back for V's set, and race to her merch stand as soon as it's over to buy up the place haha.  Are the chocolates already on sale?

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:25:02 am »
I'll upload the picture in a bit. She looks beautiful but I kinda look like Smeagol.

Aw don't say that! You don't at all! You look like a humbled fan  :D

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »
Wow, that's like a perfect seat. Have a good time!!!! I'm glad some Nessaholics are getting to see her on this tour!
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 06:31:52 pm »
I'll take your pic with her if I'm there at the same time! There was also a really nice dude that worked there that took my pic with her. I can't wait for tonight!

Also, she had CDs, songbooks, and posters. If there are no chocolates tonight I'm gonna get another poster.

Here is my pic with her:

I just noticed her "artistic sweat".  ::) Haha. I would have been sweating like that, too.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »
Glad you've all had great experiences with the show and Vanessa! :)