Author Topic: 9/30/11 - Terminal 5, New York, NY (review)  (Read 3470 times)

Unicorn

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
9/30/11 - Terminal 5, New York, NY (review)
« on: October 02, 2011, 11:37:52 am »
I went to the concert and got to meet her after. She's very pretty up close and such a sweetheart. Her setlist was the same as the Washington, DC concert. The concert itself was good, but since I'm not as big of a fan as I am with her new stuff as I am with her old stuff, this was probably my least favorite Vanessa concert I've been to. It doesn't help that she was the opener so she didn't get to play her old stuff. I asked her after the show if she's going on her own tour and she said yes so I'm holding her to that, heh.

The crowd seemed rude to me because they grew very loud as she was playing and I sensed that Vanessa seemed a bit pissed/annoyed that they were so loud. I don't know, I could see it in her face, but I'm sure she's used to this.

My friend and I are also Matt Nathanson fans so we stayed for his set and we had a lot of fun. He's really funny and such a great performer. I love his new CD more now that I've heard the songs live.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:44:23 am »
I went to the concert and got to meet her after. She's very pretty up close and such a sweetheart. Her setlist was the same as the Washington, DC concert. The concert itself was good, but since I'm not as big of a fan as I am with her new stuff as I am with her old stuff, this was probably my least favorite Vanessa concert I've been to. It doesn't help that she was the opener so she didn't get to play her old stuff. I asked her after the show if she's going on her own tour and she said yes so I'm holding her to that, heh.

The crowd seemed rude to me because they grew very loud as she was playing and I sensed that Vanessa seemed a bit pissed/annoyed that they were so loud. I don't know, I could see it in her face, but I'm sure she's used to this.

My friend and I are also Matt Nathanson fans so we stayed for his set and we had a lot of fun. He's really funny and such a great performer. I love his new CD more now that I've heard the songs live.

It doesn't help that she's opening act :/ A good amount of concert-goers were obviously just there for Matt, but I agree that they're flat out rude. It's like, "why can't you talk in between the acts? Shut up, please."

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »
so glad she said she was going to go on her own tour! there is hope for the west coast and Europe!
~Sara~

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:16:14 pm »
That's great to hear! She does need to do a longer, proper tour. Thanks for updating us! :)
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
Re: 9/30/11 - Terminal 5, New York, NY (review)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »
so glad she said she was going to go on her own tour! there is hope for the west coast and Europe!

YESSS!!! :D

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:56:32 am »
Is that news?? Because I didn't know that at ALL - that's so cool!  I'm really happy she's gonna be doing her own tour, that's awesome!!  Maybe I'll get to see her againnnn hahaha

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:19:59 am »
I asked her after the show if she's going on her own tour and she said yes so I'm holding her to that, heh.
Another tour whaaa-?!! Woohoo! East Coast + Europe Vanessa and I'm SO there!  ;D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:22:37 am »
I asked her after the show if she's going on her own tour and she said yes so I'm holding her to that, heh.
Another tour whaaa-?!! Woohoo! East Coast + Europe Vanessa and I'm SO there!  ;D

This made my day(:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:42:25 pm »
I've just discovered those too on Twitter. I think the first black and white one is particularly beautiful.