Author Topic: Hear the Bells (xmas album) review?  (Read 5589 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hear the Bells (xmas album) review?
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:57 pm »
Have we seen this?

http://popdose.com/the-eighteenth-day-of-mellowmas-vanessa-carlton-has-tinnitus/?utm_campaign=The%20Eighteenth%20Day%20of%20Mellowmas:%20Vanessa%20Carlton%20Has%20Tinnitus&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

" On the 18th day of #Mellowmas, Vanessa Carlton hears bells where there are no bells: http://bit.ly/utEdWd "

not cool. I did a twitter search on her and this popped up.
~Sara~

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
Re: Hear the Bells (xmas album) review?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
:-\ I...Don't know... I guess some people don't know what a metaphor is!  >:(
Were they trying to be funny? If they were, they failed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:11:47 am by Onyx »

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:26:46 pm »
Twats.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:36:50 am »
Dumbs

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:13:27 am »
Wow, was their chat supposed to be funny? It's just dumb.  :-X
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:47:20 am »
What a pair of assholes. And for being such non-fans, they sure do know a lot about her. Creepy.

The sad thing is that I think this is supposed to be funny? Even if I weren't a fan of V I wouldn't laugh at their sad attempts at humor.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:17:06 am »
yeah, I didn't like this one bit. It's times like this I hope she doesn't read the boards :(
~Sara~

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »
Whatever. What Vanessa has taught me is that music is at the end of the day a piece of art and it's something personal that you wish to express for the world to see and when people don't get it I'm not someone to shove my perception of this art down their throats until they agree with me.

This was a clear example of a bunch of wannabe comics. I mean they were just trying so hard but getting nowhere.

I dunno if anyone remembers what Vanessa said in one of her recent interviews where she quoted a line by Fran Lebowitz which went something along the lines of "Don't write if you don't have anything to write and if you don't have anything to say, don't say it" I think she was talking about song lyrics and this is a clear example of what these guys are doing. They clearly don't have anything to say but they need to say it and so here they are TRYING to be funny or something. It gets lost somewhere along the way. I mean the whole script style approach to writing that review? Please we really didn't wanna know how they reacted to every second of that song.

Honestly, these guys aren't even worth bitchin about. I'm out.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »
I just wasted like 10 minutes of my time reading worthless stuff.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »
sorry.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 06:16:44 pm »
I remember something funny I found in Tumblr.

Favorite lyric: (From “London”) You’ve got a knife-throwing kind of love/but your silence cuts the deepest.

Am I correct in my reading of this song that this guy is a horrible enough boyfriend to be likened to a knife being thrown at her and yet it’s when he isn’t saying anything that he’s the worst? Come on, Carlton. Get your priorities straight and dump his ass instead of wallowing in your own waxing poetic misery.

Did she just said boyfriend???

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:53 pm »

Favorite lyric: (From “London”) You’ve got a knife-throwing kind of love/but your silence cuts the deepest.

Am I correct in my reading of this song that this guy is a horrible enough boyfriend to be likened to a knife being thrown at her and yet it’s when he isn’t saying anything that he’s the worst? Come on, Carlton. Get your priorities straight and dump his ass instead of wallowing in your own waxing poetic misery.

that whole sentence doesn't make sense.  the person obviously doesn't understand metaphor. and it can be any kind of love, doesn't have to be a significant other, it can be family.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 06:54:05 am »

that whole sentence doesn't make sense.  the person obviously doesn't understand metaphor. and it can be any kind of love, doesn't have to be a significant other, it can be family.

What just irks me is the fact that she tries to sound like a someone who actually knows at least something...

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 12:24:03 pm »
Meh, it's rude and only funny to the people who wrote it, but that's what the internet's for: mindless, crass self-indulgence.

The truth of the matter is that literally every single artist in the world has had "articles" like these published about them.  Every single one.  You can't please everybody, and the people you don't please are always happy to make their lame little jokes in their poorly-trafficed corner of the web.  Real artists like Vanessa don't pay attention to such drivel, because again, it's literally everywhere no matter who you are.

And for what it's worth, I really disliked this version of "Hear the Bells," too.  But at least I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm not funny enough to go write about it!

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:36 am »
Wow. I didn't know it was possible to write that much crap about an album.

This style of writing's all too common on the web... this "cowabunga dude!" sneering.