Vanessa Carlton > Vanessa Songs / Lyrics / Sheet Music

My (Vanessa Carlton) Sheet Music Thread [NEW!!! "Ordinary Day {Alt. Version}"]

<< < (2/16) > >>

[sobriquet]:
Hey!

Thanks for all the efforts. :) I have stopped for a while in making sheet music, so the other quasi-archive of sheet music has not been updated recently. So, thanks for posting new stuff.

I just want to ask you if it's ok for you to add all of your work to my sheet music thread. :)

VanessaPiana:
You're welcome. :)

Yes, you're most certainly free to do so... just one word of caution; I may [or may not] make changes/update certain things up there from time to time [I'm kind of a perfectionist]. But I'll let you know if I do.

As of current I'm working on the song 'Heroes & Thieves'; let you know when I'm done.

Peace. ;)

VanessaPiana:
Here's "Heroes & Thieves"... a revised version of it w/ some improvisation on my part. I was gonna pattern my latest after Maag's but found that the note values [as well as the tempo] was in excess of ½, so I had to do away w/ the original copy/arrangement and redo it. I'd run into some roadblocks but took little more than a day to complete.

But I'd just like to add that Maag's & Phu's version(s) isn't obsolete b/c I've come up my my own; in fact if you want a simplified version some of you might find theirs more useful. ;)

C'est la Vie is next, tho' for some reason I never could get thru learning the entire song b/c I got bored. I plan to take the 'Harmonium' sheet music book version & Phu's version kinda put it together.

Manny:
Wow!! your transcriptions are amazing!!  I have always had a hard time with the left hand with other sheets, I find yours pretty accurate ! thank you!!

VanessaPiana:
You're very welcome. 8)

But Phu, Maag, Pianobea [and others] deserve much of the credit b/c they created a template for me to make these sheets to start with. Moreover I'd also created these sheets in a way that they won't be too confusing to learn, on top of printing out as little paper (with as much on each page) as possible, myself included.

BTW, I'm good a learning stuff by ear, but only half way [or 50%]. I tried transcribing this stuff as close to the Real McCoy as possible, adding a few of my own licks, b/c that's what creative artists do. This is something I'd always dreamed of doing & it allows me to get my creative juices flowing. Hard work, but I love it anyhow. ;D

On top of working on C'est La Vie I'm also doing San Francisco, correcting the mistakes in the other version(s), especially the official.

Peace & cheers. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version