Author Topic: Hear The Bells Music Video  (Read 21411 times)

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: Hear The Bells Music Video
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:37 am »
This is the BEST video she has ever made! It's the most consistent, in my opinion.
It's funny how some of you are saying that expected more, for me it was the reverse. I think there are so many meanings we can find on it and discuss. (and then maybe unreveal the mistery of Vanessa's sickness)
sobriquet, I really enjoyed your intrpreatation. specially about the alter-egos - it fits very well
I loved that the whole video is composed by transitions and fading effects, I think that's very relevant for the idea of the sickness - it could be some kind of emotional instability..
I know that I'll be watching this video a lot!

oh, and I wouldn't like the video so much at first if I hadn't watched Grey Gardens.

also, this (by Vanessa) can be helpful in understanding the video:

"Hear the Bells is about clarity, enlightenment. It is song map about the journey of someone who is seeking out a remedy. But remedies lie within us. That is powerful and true but not always obvious. I hope the song is a reminder. In society the sound of a bells marks an important time, whether from a church tower or a chime in a garden.
This visual clip is the most revealing video I've ever done thus far. Re-teaming with Jake Davis and his team was fluid and an inspired experience. It was filmed at my house in New York. The place where I wrote the song. Doing a video for this song was Jake's idea and I'm really happy he pushed me to do it. It is a reveal of my history woven in with the story of a reclusive woman based on little edie of grey garden. An eccentric and wonderful lady who rarely left her house. I believe we are our own fortune tellers."

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 12:23:29 pm »
Just got this email:

Dear [Phantom] Friends,

Today we are excited to announce the VEVO premiere of the official music video for "Hear The Bells," from Vanessa's latest album, Rabbits on the Run.
"Hear the Bells is about clarity, enlightenment.  It is song map about the journey of someone who is seeking out a remedy.  But remedies lie within us.  That is powerful and true but not always obvious.  I hope the song is a reminder.  In society the sound of a bells marks an important time, whether from a church tower or a chime in a garden. "

"This visual clip is the most revealing video I've ever done thus far.  Re-teaming with Jake Davis and his team was fluid and an inspired experience.  It was filmed at my house in New York.  The place where I wrote the song.  Doing a video for this song was Jake's idea and I'm really happy he pushed me to do it.  It is a reveal of my history woven in with the story of a reclusive woman based on little edie of grey garden.  An eccentric and wonderful lady who rarely left her house.  I believe we are our own fortune tellers."

For upcoming news and information tune in to Facebook, Myspace, and follow Vanessa on Twitter @VanessaCarlton.

Rabbits on the Run Deluxe Edition/LP is available now on iTunes by clicking here . The Deluxe LP includes 3 live acoustic bonus tracks, "Carousel" official video, "The Four Elements of Rabbits on the Run" video and "Behind the Scenes of "Carousel" video".

thank you for sharing. :)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »
I got the email too.  It's funny, I had really forgotten all about little edie wearing the scarfs, that's why she's wearing the bandana in the video!
~Sara~

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 01:48:53 pm »
I'm too extremely delusional from such a long and tiring day to state my opinion of the video, but...

OH MY GOD. I'M LIKE, DANCING AND SINGING IN THE STREET! I need to write Vanessa a letter ASAP, this is beautiful!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:50:41 pm by SunflowerLeah »

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:57 pm »
Of course it looks cheap, so does hands on me and carousel. Vanessa is never going to have a high budget music video again. I'm disappointed, but I like it for the sole reason that i like she let us in a little bit. But yeah, I wasn't even excited for this. I don't care about videos, give me new music.

Did anyone see this article?  I don't know how true it is, or if she was being sarcastic, but she says electronic dance-pop is next... not sure how I feel about that.  I hope she doesn't pull a Nelly Furtado!

http://medleymag.com/content/2012-06-07/Vanessa-Carlton-Hear-The-Bells/

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »
I like the part where she's holding a white rabbit and then shows an easter bunny costume guy. lol. very awesome.
theres a lot of little things in this video that really shows off Vanessa's artistic awesomeness.
I love it  ;D

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 03:53:17 pm »
After reading the email, I think her looking in the mirror symbolizes her finding the remedy in herself and then when she turns the mirror to us, she's telling us to find our own remedies in ourselves.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »
I think her overall asthetic of the video was absolutely perfect. I know people had different visions/expectation for the video but in all honesty, I think this is great. Everyone hoped to see the graveyard and other places she talked about in the song but when you think about it, that's such an obvious move an isn't very creative.  Sure she could've made it very obvious by putting everything in the video that she talked about but where would the beauty of it all be?  I adore the video and it has such a powerful message that goes along with it. Brava V!! :)

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 06:58:01 pm »
The shots of her in the orange dress are STUNNING. But I have to admit, me being a dance snob and all, when the videos of her doing the fouette turns, I was kinda cringing. Her passé was never connected…and it's like…come on V…you went to ABT.
Peace
Adriann

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »
Of course it looks cheap, so does hands on me and carousel. Vanessa is never going to have a high budget music video again. I'm disappointed, but I like it for the sole reason that i like she let us in a little bit. But yeah, I wasn't even excited for this. I don't care about videos, give me new music.

Did anyone see this article?  I don't know how true it is, or if she was being sarcastic, but she says electronic dance-pop is next... not sure how I feel about that.  I hope she doesn't pull a Nelly Furtado!

Fear not electronic music!
Joe

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »
The shots of her in the orange dress are STUNNING. But I have to admit, me being a dance snob and all, when the videos of her doing the fouette turns, I was kinda cringing. Her passé was never connected…and it's like…come on V…you went to ABT.

I believe she was quite young at that point. I'm sure it was definitely corrected eventually, but at that age, it's hard to have complete kinesthesia.

jackoajl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • NessaGagaHolic
    • MSN Messenger - omaralfonsoj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

Electronic dance pop??? nooooo, I have enough with Gaga, It would be fun to hear Vanessa with electronic dance pop but maybe just remixes for her songs, not a complete dance album, maybe something like Wanted Ripe Remix
I'm walking A Thausand Miles

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 08:59:28 pm »
I happen to love electronic music and I love Vanessa Carlton... so I'd be really curious to hear what the two combined would sound like.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 02:01:32 am »

Electronic dance pop??? nooooo, I have enough with Gaga, It would be fun to hear Vanessa with electronic dance pop but maybe just remixes for her songs, not a complete dance album, maybe something like Wanted Ripe Remix

i believe there is a thread all about this!  i think it's called new album or something along those lines.  not to get all moderator on you (seeing how I"m not one) but you might find more info/discussion there
~Sara~

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 03:22:10 am »
Everything that everyone and said.

From the message there seems to be a hint of depression through a solitary hermit like lifestyle? I dunno. This is like Fruedian, double entendre, uber  metaphorically deep.

What caught my eye was that she was the princess in that enactment of the Swan Lake right? She wears white in one part and then black and I am a HUGE fan of 'Black Swan' and that bit actually stood out. But she is a BRILLIANT dancer.

SHIT.

So beautiful and graceful. I wish she'd dance more!!!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...