Author Topic: Hear The Bells Music Video  (Read 21265 times)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Hear The Bells Music Video
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »
3 pages and that's all? we're horrible.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »
Vanessa looks so stunning in this video, just watched again. Wow, she looks amazing. And it has 53000 views on youtube! Much more than I thought it would have at this point in time.

jackoajl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • NessaGagaHolic
    • MSN Messenger - omaralfonsoj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »
Someone knows if there's a single cover for the song???
I'm walking A Thausand Miles

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:01 am »
I tweeted Jocandraw a few weeks ago asking that and she said they were 'hatching something.'

I'm actually surprised the website hasn't been updated or the video promoted more on Twitter, you barely ever see anything Vanessa related on the Razor&Tie twitter page..

However, back to the video, bauerhouse on tumblr has made some really nice gifs, but seen as I can barely upload a picture, let alone a moving one, here are the URLs
http://bauerhouse.tumblr.com/post/24747219916/hear-the-bells-vanessa-carlton.

If there's one negative about the video, I think it's that all the beautiful merging of the shots together makes it exceptionally difficult to get a clear print screen for some graphics.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 08:59:41 am »
yeah, i've been thinking about the single cover too.
i hope we get to see it someday.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:38 pm »
It sounds like I'm the only person who isn't thrilled with the result.  I hesitate to even mention this.....but I do so respectfully of those who obviously do not share my opinion.

I was disappointed.  Here's my reasons:  I think of the darkness of the song, the black album cover, how great it would have been to do a goth-y vid for it, go maybe black and white, maybe undersaturate the colors?  I dunno,  I was hoping that it would really communicate the depth of the lyrics, the pain being felt(lyrical and otherwise).

It looks like there were some transfers of VC's old family films, some quick inserts shot at her apartment, everything dumped into Avid or Final Cut Pro and that was that.
I am fully aware that a video as a marketing tool is probably NOT money well-spent these days, especially as the market shrinks more and more.  To really do a killer video might have been kibboshed as too much of an expense.

To me, it's almost jarring how ill-fitting it is.  I just don't think the images match the sonic quality in any way.
Look, we all live with these songs and have our own images in our heads, so it's only my opinion, but I feel like this was a real missed opportunity.

But......if people are checking it out.....that's really all I care about. If people are hearing just how far Vanessa has come as an artist, the video could be a still of an old couch for 5 minutes and I'd be OK with it.

On a similar note, even if Vanessa does some electronic pop, I would not dismiss it out of hand.  I do not think she would waste our time.  It's a big risk, she could lose a lot of fans if she went all Ke$ha or worse on us.  She could gain more fans overall.  It's an interesting move if she does it.

Dan/NS

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 02:35:30 pm »
i actually was waiting for a dark scenery too. you know, with dead trees, dark purple sky, a big yellow moon, gravestones... i really missed that when i watched the video, but i think it's still amazing.

about the dance-pop thing... guys, she's not taking kesha and britney spears as inspirations. she's been reading mythology and listening to blouse, washed out, mansions on the moon, youth lagoon... obviously great things will come from this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:44:58 pm by Fred_Saboya »

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »
For days I've been trying to place why I wasn't getting the video, and I think it's because the vision in my head was totally different... my vision was something dark that just clenches at your soul, and like Fred_Sayboya said, "dead trees, dark purple sky, a big yellow moon, gravestones." that's the imagines that were in my head. So not seeing that was kind of a disappointment. I wonder if perhaps she wanted to show a different side of the story, different from what the lyrics say.

I love the idea with the old home movies, wasn't expecting that at all! It was nice to see those, but I didn't care for all of the overlapping, I think it is nice but too much going on at once.

I still very much like the song, and think they did a lovely job.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 07:45:22 pm »
I agree with you three above^ ( I have no idea how to quote multiples)

(:

I like the video, but it is definitely not what I expected. Though her music vids are always a lot brighter than the music. I don't know if that makes sense...
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 06:14:49 pm »
i was wondering... maybe the sickness V had is related to her childhood. i mean, like a manifestation from her past, you know? like marilyn monroe.

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »
From my own speculation and her issues with dancing that she talked about in pleased to meet you, along with her weight fluctuations, I can see her suffering from an eating disorder. I always thought that paradise was about an eating disorder.

SunflowerLeah

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2012, 12:58:48 pm »
From my own speculation and her issues with dancing that she talked about in pleased to meet you, along with her weight fluctuations, I can see her suffering from an eating disorder. I always thought that paradise was about an eating disorder.

You know I've always thought about that, and perhaps it's true. She always seemed so skinny, but now she looks very healthy, like her skin is glowing now if you get what I'm saying. Either way, whatever the song is about, I'm very glad that Vanessa is healthy, and has gotten passed her problems.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

Paradise about an eating disorder??? How so? I am curious.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

sabasaba

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:04 am »
So lovely!

coyote_revolver

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:09 pm »
I'm such a terrible fan, I didn't know this existed!