Author Topic: 06/30/12 - Vanessa Carlton w/The Cal Phil Orchestra Santa Anita (review)  (Read 4882 times)

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
It was amazing! She did about 5 songs.

Setlist:
Tall Tales For Spring
Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
A Thousand Miles
The Marching Line
White Houses

I believe it was in that order, but not 100% sure. She did do those songs though. She wore this beautiful white dress! She looked amazing- kind of like something she wore in the H&T photoshoot. Ironic because she did that album photoshoot right across the street from where this was! Anyway, she spoke before almost every song, and before A Thousand Miles, she was visibly nervous and she kept saying it as well.

At times, there wasn't enough piano. The orchestra was really drowning her out. They really should have upped the piano volume because you've got this huge orchestra with 30+ people and then you have Vanessa and her piano. It was almost like the piano was being compromised for this huge orchestra, but what can you do I guess.

Before Vanessa even came on stage, the conductor had this really nice introduction for her just talking about how she came to fame.

I ended up getting a backstage pass and tried to meet her, but she was leaving so I didn't get the chance. I did hear her talking about how something "wasn't her style" to her mom though. And her mom said it was the best she had ever seen her perform!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:22:08 pm by eclv »

amelancholymelodie

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - thomas_schoeberl
    • View Profile
    • Email
sounds great! is there already a video online?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
It was amazing! She did about 5 songs.

Setlist:
Tall Tales For Spring
Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
A Thousand Miles
The Marching Line
White Houses

I believe it was in that order, but not 100% sure. She did do those songs though. She wore this beautiful white dress! She looked amazing- kind of like something she wore in the H&T photoshoot. Ironic because she did that album photoshoot right across the street from where this was! Anyway, she spoke before almost every song, and before A Thousand Miles, she was visibly nervous and she kept saying it as well.

At times, there wasn't enough piano. The orchestra was really drowning her out. They really should have upped the piano volume because you've got this huge orchestra with 30+ people and then you have Vanessa and her piano. It was almost like the piano was being compromised for this huge orchestra, but what can you do I guess.

Before Vanessa even came on stage, the conductor had this really nice introduction for her just talking about how she came to fame.

I ended up getting a backstage pass and tried to meet her, but she was leaving so I didn't get the chance. I did hear her talking about how something "wasn't her style" to her mom though. And her mom said it was the best she had ever seen her perform!

i thought i would be a longer a setlist, but she played two songs from each album. well, it should have been a great night. wish i could hear the conversation with her mother.

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
I wonder why no h&t songs... It'd be so cool if she played Home, More Than This or Hands on Me. Oh well.

Looking forward the videos or audio.  :)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
I wonder why no h&t songs... It'd be so cool if she played Home, More Than This or Hands on Me. Oh well.

Looking forward the videos or audio.  :)

oh i totally forgot about heroes and thieves haha

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile

dvaldivia08

• View Profile
-True happiness can be achieved if at this moment, we declare we don't need anything more than what we have now.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War

dvaldivia08

• View Profile
-True happiness can be achieved if at this moment, we declare we don't need anything more than what we have now.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Thanks! <3

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
i'm really impressed with the ipad recording. beautiful!! the heart-giving-out feeling
formerly fish_for__stars.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
White Houses http://youtu.be/8d2N2T48C1A

I would fucking cry if i was there.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the