Author Topic: I'll Wait For You – Digital Single  (Read 18405 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: I'll Wait For You – Digital Single
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:55 pm »
Can we not upload it anywhere yet? Let's just at least give the song its chance to sell, you know. (Cause we know people who download it will be putting it to YT right away, so..)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »
I just bought mine at Amazon.  :)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »
Got mine on Amazon too!! Yay!  Why would a nessaholic suggest file sharing? Why not just pay the 0.99 cents and buy it?  Support V.  ???? :(
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
I don't know where that Eduardo guy lives but give it a day or two and you will probably be able to purchase if not I'm sure it will be posted to V's official YouTube account soon.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 02:47:33 am »
he lives in brazil. i live in brazil too and i just bought the song on itunes. don't upload the song. he's the one who uploaded the willows and a matter of time on youtube even though he was asked not to it. buy the song if you wanna hear it and please: don't publish it anywhere! not yet. give it a chance to sell, as someone else said here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:49:34 am by Fred_Saboya »

ewiermann

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • "Waste away the days..."
    • MSN Messenger - ewiermann@outlook.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 04:08:20 am »

teresa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 06:45:32 am »
Just heard the whole song. Killer! I love the vibe and the special atmosphere it has...

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »
I feel live driving out to the desert laying on top of my car and looking up at the stars with this on repeat. yessss.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:53 am »
I feel live driving out to the desert laying on top of my car and looking up at the stars with this on repeat. yessss.

that sounds amazing! have fun
~Sara~

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 11:33:04 pm »
Not too fond of the country-ish sound she's been playing with recently :/ I wish I liked this more.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 01:29:44 am »
Not too fond of the country-ish sound she's been playing with recently :/ I wish I liked this more.

I don't know what other songs sound country because I haven't listened to any of the new songs posted.  However, THIS SONG is not HERS.  If you read the description of how this song came to be, you would realize this is not her song, this is most likely not going to be on the album; I would bet money on it.  It was a side project that Patrick Hallahan from MMJ called her up to ask her to do.  I'm not sure why this concept is so hard for people to wrap their heads around.

Her voice is heaven, per usual, and the ethereal quality is cool--I like the atmosphere.  It does sound country to me.  My guess is the records that Patrick was going through were country albums.. keep in mind, the band My Morning Jacket are from Kentucky... they probably grew up on country music...so it stands to reason that Patrick's parents had country albums...when he found this song, he thought of re imagining it with Vanessa on vocals...the end.  It is a nice little song to keep us going until the tour and the new album!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:31:16 am by sarab »
~Sara~

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 05:49:16 am »
I'm aware of all of that. I'm not used to not liking new Vanessa music. I guess it's not acceptable to say you don't like something. I'm sorry I offended you by stating my opinion. I'll think twice about doing that again here.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:32 am »
i'm not offended, just annoyed.  There have been multiple people who lack the understanding of where this song came from.  
you can state your opinion, but if others don't agree, then they too can express their opinion.  Not everyone is going to feel the same.  when someone states an opinion, expect that someone else just might disagree, such is life.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:10:33 am by sarab »
~Sara~

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »
I love it...and I REALLY don't see a major departure from ROTR so if you like that album and not this that confuses me a bit.  This song is so simple and beautiful.  Knowing how it came about makes me like it even more.