Author Topic: Ascension (new song, lyrics discussion)  (Read 9487 times)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Ascension (new song, lyrics discussion)
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »
Vanessa asked not to distribute this song, please do not ask.
If you have it, feel free to discuss
----------------

Canyon
This canyon
Formations of sand and stone
You'll navigate down the 'lope

Ascension
Ascension

The sky is no separate light
And we watch every day of our life
And we grow
And I go and die

---------

not completely 100% positive on all the lyrics...
but
this song feels like another "In The End" to me... very ....well... very serious and uhhh...
wow.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:11:15 am by KULPDOGG »

williansouza908

Re: Ascension (new song, lyrics discussion)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:39 pm »
she performed live this

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:47 pm »
she performed live this

Not that I know of yet.

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:38 am »
Where do you got this o.O ?
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »
Where do you got this o.O ?

from the same place where they got "blue pool" and "willows". they were sent an email with these three songs  :-\

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 12:04:52 am »
from the same place where they got "blue pool" and "willows". they were sent an email with these three songs  Undecided

Oh man. I wish I'd have those three songs -.- !!! Just thought they send out Blue Pool.

And there is noone who wants to share it o.o ?
Please!
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 08:10:29 am »
I was just wondering if the lyrics here has been verified to be the exact ones? Cause I realized that at the end, instead of "die," it could also be: "And I go and I--," as if the cutting off was intentional (as if to say that the "I" has already ascended).

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Maag

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 10:56:46 am »
I was just wondering if the lyrics here has been verified to be the exact ones? Cause I realized that at the end, instead of "die," it could also be: "And I go and I--," as if the cutting off was intentional (as if to say that the "I" has already ascended).

I totally agree with you. Besides, when you wake up from a dream, usually you wake up in the middle of it, so it seems only right that she wants to leave that sentence incomplete.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »

I totally agree with you. Besides, when you wake up from a dream, usually you wake up in the middle of it, so it seems only right that she wants to leave that sentence incomplete.

Yes, exactly my point! And it just makes sense if we follow the train of thought that the album's supposed to sound like a dreamscape. And compared to other tracks, this song doesn't have a long outro, so the ending really sounds abrupt, as if, as you said, waking up in the middle of a dream.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

afterglow987

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 12:29:53 pm »
In the booklet of Liberman it says that the lyrics are..

and we grow
and let go...and die

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »
I love this song. I've actually played it multiple times as opposed to 'In the End' that I listened to maye once or twice

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »
I love this song. I've actually played it multiple times as opposed to 'In the End' that I listened to maye once or twice

i agree.  I have listened to this way many more times than in the end.  Even though it ends with  ".. and die" I feel like this songs is actually very hopeful.  Mostly because of the arrangement and the music itself.  At first I thought the song had to do with our life cycle.. we are young, we navigate life, we grow old, we die.. we ascend to some "higher" level, be that what you want to call heaven or the other side, or some other form of after life.  But as I listened, it dawned on me that it could be about something a bit deeper.
As we grow older, grow up, mature, we navigate the canyons of our lives.. we navigate the darker, colder part of our selves that we must delve in to and confront in order to grow past them and ascend to a more fulfilling way of life.  Finding our true and higher self, connecting with that self, and LIVING as that self.. letting go of the old self.  Letting go of that ego.  Letting that old self and that ego die, in order to ascend to a more rich, well rounded, less egocentric, person.
in contrast, In the end was written for her brother in order to cope with the untimely death of a friend.  that song was saying that in the end we come back around, we become one with all that's around us, we turn to dust, return to the ground, etc.. it was trying to be comforting in a morbid sort of way.  the music in that song did not interest me as it does in this one. this song is more about death of the egocentric self in order to appreciate that connectedness we have to each other and the earth.
~Sara~