Author Topic: 11/27 - city winery - chicago (review)  (Read 3592 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
11/27 - city winery - chicago (review)
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:03:08 pm »
Skye is here!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Re: 11/27 - city winery - chicago (review)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »
Birdcloud was interesting. Hahaa.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:43 pm »
Birdcloud was interesting. Hahaa.
Very interesting  :P

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:48 pm »
I actially really enjoyed bird cloud. I bought their CD. I also bought a lithograph, record, and shirt. Had a great time. She sounded amazing. I haven't seen her for five years. I was the first one in line to get her autograph and gave her toys for victor. Amazing night.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »
Learning To Fly / Carousel
(Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers cover)
Hands on Me
Tall Tales for Spring
House of Seven Swords
Take It Easy
Willows
White Houses
Get Good
Unlock the Lock
Hear the Bells
I Don't Want to Be a Bride

Encore:
A Thousand Miles
Home 

from setlist.fm :D

These are so out of order. I didn't write down the playlist.
Two people were able to snatch the playlist from stage but I am not sure if they have an account on here...

Vanessa sounded beyond amazing. She played some great piano and her singing was top notch. It was such a great show. She came out with a little white tea cup and later said something along the lines of "Don't be fooled... this is no tea.." She had a great sense of humor. She said they should call it the burp tour because she just kept wanting to burp. The new music sound AMAZING. I can't wait for this new album. Its like rabbits but on a whole new level. The piano, the background noises that skye was doing, the lyrics all of it was just so new and so good.

Talking about Skye, he was amazing as ever! He did such a great job of doing all the cool sounds on the certain songs that had them. Vanessa came out after to quickly do a sign/greet. It was such an amazing show. The past two out of three times she had opened for someone else so it was great to see her on a dedicated show with someone else opening. Victor was not with her. There was a family that she had met from her dude ranch in Arizona she goes to every year in attendance. The audience was great and very respectful.

Overall the best Vanessa concert! I took so pictures but didn't take any videos.
Honestly I just got so sucked in the performance I forgot to take stuff lol.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:27:13 pm by itsthefiveofus »

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »
The show was amazing! It was the best show I've been to, but I've only been to two, so... It doesn't really count. I hadn't listened to any of the new songs prior to the show and I have to say, HOLY - THEY'RE AMAZING!!! I love the Willows so much! It was worth the wait to hear them in person.

I got pretty good, clear audio of the whole show. Except, Take it Easy has the lovely sound of someone pouring water at the beginning :P These are the audio for the new songs:

House of 7 Swords: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7ul8ng5xrw38bdo/House%20of%207%20Swords.mp3

Take it Easy: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c06a9gia52o4r1b/Take%20it%20Easy.mp3

Willows: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rdczwzx6xxcse8a/Willows.mp3

Unlock the Lock: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/22qxljfofy0c69h/Unlock%20the%20Lock.mp3

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:05:22 am by Onyx »