Author Topic: Asheville, NC 2/6  (Read 3307 times)

ourweepingwillow

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Asheville, NC 2/6
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:19:33 pm »
Okay guys, I'm really nervous about this show... I've been reading about past shows this tour and of course people have an amazing time, I mean it's Vanessa. But I've also seen that she makes these little comments here and there that can come off bitter? And any time she posts a video to one of her pages about the upcoming dates she seems absolutely exhausted and miserable.. Is she just tired from motherhood or is she just not looking forward to touring anymore? I'm really excited for this show, but also really nervous because this will be my first time, and maybe only time, meeting my idol who I've looked up to for 10+ years, I don't want to get my dreams shattered.. Am I just overanalyzing things?

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
Re: Asheville, NC 2/6
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:04:39 pm »
My advice would be to just go and have fun!

I've only seen V live once, but she seemed to have a really good time on stage. You notice it especially when she talks between songs.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 02:37:00 pm »
i'm pretty sure all those videos were recorded at one time.  so this batch I believe were recorded around the holidays.  motherhood is very trying and tiring, especially at her age.  my daughter began her tantrums around 1.  she didn't sleep well from about 5 months until about 1  year, but was still waking at least once a night.  it is exhausting.  But she is not touring with sid this time around, so her exhaustion at these shows would be mostly tour related.  I didn't think she sounded bitter at the show I went to. it was about 2 weeks before the end of the tour too.  what do you think she sounds bitter about?
~Sara~

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 09:11:30 pm »
I went to the San Diego show, and she was delightful and hilarious. She may be tired, but she doesn't show it on stage. I went to the Solana Beach show 2 Novembers ago or whatever, and she was miserable. Understandably so, because she had just had to cancel all of those shows before it. Go to the show. It was beautiful and she seemed really happy.
Samuel
(he/him)

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 11:21:23 am »
This tour she has been good. Previous tours I met her and that was not the case, at all -- but other things go on in their personal life and they can't always be present for you every night. She does seem tired during the meet and greets though, but is still present
Peace
-S

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:37 pm »
Having been to many shows/tours over the last 13 years. This is definitely the happiest and most engaged she has ever been. It is great to see.