Author Topic: Meet and greets  (Read 7135 times)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Meet and greets
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:03:00 am »
Has anyone had a meet and greet with Vanessa or any other artist before? What are they generally like?

private-radio

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: Meet and greets
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:46 pm »
I met her a few weeks ago. I crossed the Atlantic especially to see and meet her. It was in Louisville. I was smoking outside after the concert and she came at that moment. I was stressed to meet her (at last) so I drank too much beforehand.  When I saw her walking, I prostrated myself before her !  She smiled at me and became closer. I explained to her why I was here and how much I love her. My English was really confused but she understood the general idea.
I was surprised to see a very nice and open-minded girl.

I met other famous people but I don’t think you know them. Véronique Sanson, Amélie Nothomb…
We should go, go...

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:46:15 pm »
I met her a few weeks ago. I crossed the Atlantic especially to see and meet her. It was in Louisville. I was smoking outside after the concert and she came at that moment. I was stressed to meet her (at last) so I drank too much beforehand.  When I saw her walking, I prostrated myself before her !  She smiled at me and became closer. I explained to her why I was here and how much I love her. My English was really confused but she understood the general idea.
I was surprised to see a very nice and open-minded girl.

I met other famous people but I don’t think you know them. Véronique Sanson, Amélie Nothomb…

OMG. How was Amélie Nothomb? Ça a dut être très intéressant...

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »
I won a meet and greet with her at her Toronto show this Wednesday, so I will let you know.

I am beyond excited about it!

I've met other celebrities as well, and they have all been super nice. I've never had an issue with a 'sbobby' celebrity, although I've never met any A-lister.

private-radio

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:05:13 am »
OMG. How was Amélie Nothomb? Ça a dut être très intéressant...

She is a genius. She is able to remember everyone she has already seen. That was very impressive. I read all her books. She is a big star here in France. Amélie is a model for me and wise beyond her years. I was with my grandmother and two friends of mine. We spoke to her a bit, I also told her how much I love her books. She was listening to us with tenderness and finally signed some books. She wrote personal dedication. Showing she was really listening to us.
We should go, go...

shinesobright07

• MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:15 pm »
I won a meet and greet with her for a Canadian show so I'll let you guys know how it goes  ;D

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 03:36:50 pm »
I won a meet and greet with her at her Toronto show this Wednesday, so I will let you know.

I am beyond excited about it!

I've met other celebrities as well, and they have all been super nice. I've never had an issue with a 'sbobby' celebrity, although I've never met any A-lister.
Yes, everyone please let me know what the meet and greets are like!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:53:56 pm by _all_is_well_ »

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 12:13:23 pm »
I wrote about my meet & greet in this thread: http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=13711.msg253832#msg253832 :)

shinesobright07

• MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 12:11:26 pm »
So my meet and greet was supposed to be yesterday but V cancelled her show (Hamilton, ON). I'm beyond devastated. I hope everything is okay with her family but I'm really sad that it couldn't happen. I've been waiting years to see her  :'( I'm probably being selfish but I kinda just wanted to get it out. I hope she reschedules either in Hamilton or Toronto. But like I said more importantly I hope everyone in her family is in good health.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 12:54:31 pm »
I'm so sorry the show got cancelled... I'm sure V didn't take the decision lightly.

I'm crossing my fingers that you'll get to see Vanessa another time :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:04:19 am by coldyoungheart »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 08:30:45 pm »
So my meet and greet was supposed to be yesterday but V cancelled her show (Hamilton, ON). I'm beyond devastated. I hope everything is okay with her family but I'm really sad that it couldn't happen. I've been waiting years to see her  :'( I'm probably being selfish but I kinda just wanted to get it out. I hope she reschedules either in Hamilton or Toronto. But like I said more importantly I hope everyone in her family is in good health.

i am totally feeling your pain.. first I might not be able to go to the show I planed on (12/3) because of my sick child.  THEN I get an email saying I wont the meet and greet!!!  talk about excitement and let down all at once.  THEN to make matters worse, I realize the email was sent at 10 this morning and I only had until 5pm to respond.  needless to say it is 11pm. another major let down. 
does anyone have experience with getting back to them "late" and still being able to participate?
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »
Aww man, that is heartbreaking. I really hope they still let you win the meet and greet and that you get to go to the show at all!

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 04:36:14 pm »
Got to meet her twice in Arizona. The second time was really cool, we got to take a picture with her, and I was being totally creepy and asked her if she needed help with her luggage on her tour bus. She was like "Uhhh, sure...."
She was really cool, but she seemed kind of tired after the show.

More recently I went to her show in Scottsdale and we actually ended up sitting next to her Aunt Vickie, which she announced during the show was attending. She was really friendly.

I'll have to try and load the picture up.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...