Author Topic: 12/1/15 City Winery, New York (Review)  (Read 1825 times)

karenz

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
12/1/15 City Winery, New York (Review)
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »
Hi, a bit late, maybe, but I thought I'd post my input on this show. I had a great time. I've been to a few of Vanessa's shows, the first one in 2011 (I think, it was a pre-Rabbits on the Run tour), and I feel like her live performances keep getting even better. I love the way the new songs sound live, but am also glad to hear the stripped down, acoustic sound on the old songs (and a few of the new ones). The songs she played were:

Carousel
Tall Tales for Spring
White Houses
Take It Easy
Willows
House of Seven Swords
Blue Pool
Nothing Where Something Used to Be
Operator
River
In Our Time
Matter of Time
A Thousand Miles
The Marching Line

The venue was nice. The tables were packed close together, so I ended up a lot closer to the stage than I thought I would be. She played on a grand piano and Rhodes, which made for a nice atmosphere. The last shows I went to it was a keyboard, which was great too, but a different feel.

If anyone else was there, what did you think? Did anyone go to the other show here the day before? I'm curious if the set list was any different. Also curious if she came out to sign things after the show. It didn't look like there was a line forming, so I figured probably not (also was a bit tired with work the next day)

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
Re: 12/1/15 City Winery, New York (Review)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 11:09:03 am »
Cool! Thanks for the review.

It must be quite something to hear her play live on a grand piano!