Author Topic: Belgium show 05/15/2016 @Botanique  (Read 8170 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Belgium show 05/15/2016 @Botanique
« on: February 17, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »
Can't believe that after being a fan since 2002 I'm finally able to say those words : I'm going to my first V show!

I don't actually live in Belgium but I'm travelling from Switzerland since it's on a weekend and the following monday is a national holiday. Hope to see some of you guys over there! Ca serait chouette ;)

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium show 05/15/2016 @Botanique
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:44 pm »
Can't believe that after being a fan since 2002 I'm finally able to say those words : I'm going to my first V show!

I don't actually live in Belgium but I'm travelling from Switzerland since it's on a weekend and the following monday is a national holiday. Hope to see some of you guys over there! Ca serait chouette ;)

Wow! C'est super! Amuse-toi :)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 12:27:51 am »
Merci beaucoup ;)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:00:56 pm »
I'll be there too!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

fantastical

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:44 pm »
I never thought this day would come. The moment after I ordered the tickets it felt surreal even now it still does. I'll cherish her performance like nectar.

I'll even sing "far away" when she sings Nothing Where Something Used to Be haha.

I really really hope she adds Who's to Say to the setlist just to keep it fresh.

Can't believe she'll be here. Someone pinch me.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
Just got home from Brussels. The show was amazing, I can't believe I finally got to see Vanessa Carlton. Got there early, just to see where the venue was and by chance Vanessa was doing soundcheck at that time. I got to hear (but not see) Vanessa sing "Get Good" (which she didnt perform at the actual show) and Take it easy and Blue Pool. At some point I unexpectedly saw her just a few feets away from me, she didnt do eye contact and was talking to someone so I did not disturb her. That was a bit heartbreaking haha. I was all ready with my Liberman copy and a pen ;)

The setlist was rather short. She did all of Liberman with the exception of Ascension (has she ever performed it??) and Carousel, Hear the Bells and The Marching Line (which was very emotional since she dedicated it to those who died or lost someone in the Paris and Brussels attack). I was surprised she didnt do an encore and sing ATM. This seemed to disappoint some people who probably know her only for that song. I didnt watch any live recordings from that tour so I was very pleased to see that she's touring with Skye Steel!

After the show, I chatted a bit with the nice guy at the merch table. He said that Vanessa was very tired and went straight back to her hotel. He did however ask for my e-mail and said he would hand it to Vanessa. I'm not gonna get my hopes up but that was a very nice gesture! In case you're reading this merch table guy : thank you ;)

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:48:20 pm »
Glad you had a good time! Disappointing to hear she went to Europe to perform for the first time in what 14 years? and didn't meet people after the show. So happy you got to see her!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 10:55:35 pm »
Glad you had a good time! Disappointing to hear she went to Europe to perform for the first time in what 14 years? and didn't meet people after the show. So happy you got to see her!

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 01:10:12 pm »
I'm really surprised that she didn't do ATM!

Glad you had a good time :) Hopefully she'll be back and you'll be able to properly meet her!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:18:07 pm »
The setlist was rather short. She did all of Liberman with the exception of Ascension (has she ever performed it??) and Carousel, Hear the Bells and The Marching Line (which was very emotional since she dedicated it to those who died or lost someone in the Paris and Brussels attack). I was surprised she didnt do an encore and sing ATM. This seemed to disappoint some people who probably know her only for that song. I didnt watch any live recordings from that tour so I was very pleased to see that she's touring with Skye Steel!

The Brussels show was a little different because it was a festival and they only had one hour. That's why she ended up removing ATM and Tall Tales For Spring (if I remember correctly). She also shortened some of her intro stories.

It's the only show where she didn't stick around to sign stuff because, again, it was a festival and things weren't set up the way they are at her "regular" shows on this tour. I got to talk to her tour manager (really nice guy btw!) before the show and he told me she wasn't probably gonna stay afterwards which ended up being true.

Sorry you didn't get to meet her!  :-\
Ghisy

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 10:42:11 am »

The Brussels show was a little different because it was a festival and they only had one hour. That's why she ended up removing ATM and Tall Tales For Spring (if I remember correctly). She also shortened some of her intro stories.

It's the only show where she didn't stick around to sign stuff because, again, it was a festival and things weren't set up the way they are at her "regular" shows on this tour. I got to talk to her tour manager (really nice guy btw!) before the show and he told me she wasn't probably gonna stay afterwards which ended up being true.

Sorry you didn't get to meet her!  :-\

Oh that's a bit sad. I travelled from Switzerland and picked Brussels over Paris because it was on a weekend and before a national holiday. If I hear the show in Paris was 2 hours long I'm gonna be devastated haha. But still... I got to see Vanessa perform live and that is amazing! :D

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 11:39:58 am »
Oh that's a bit sad. I travelled from Switzerland and picked Brussels over Paris because it was on a weekend and before a national holiday. If I hear the show in Paris was 2 hours long I'm gonna be devastated haha. But still... I got to see Vanessa perform live and that is amazing! :D

Paris was only 1 more song actually (ATM) and she didn't do "Tall Tales For Spring" (same for the last show in London, don't know why). But she did stay after the show to meet people.
Ghisy