Author Topic: Band on the Wall Manchester UK 6th May 2016 (review)  (Read 5676 times)

MartUK

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Band on the Wall Manchester UK 6th May 2016 (review)
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »
last active "January 19, 2005, 10:26:19 pm" hmm, well still more recent than the last time Vanessa played in Manchester...

lovely gig in a great small venue (that I have been to many times before). An event worthy of logging in here again and posting about it ;)

Set (from memory so probably messed up):

ATM ("let's get it over with" or something to introduce it :P )
Carousel (with intro)
Tall Tales for Spring

then most of Liberman (no White Houses, in fact only ATM from the entire first three albums)

Take It Easy
Willows
House of Seven Swords
Operator
Blue Pool
Unlock the lock - I think this came here, she introduced it saying her mum said "you must play unlock the lock, you must play twilight, you must play home" (slight sense of anticipation in the audience) "I'm not going to play those. well the first one" (audience "ok" face) :/
Nothing where something used to be
River
Hear the bells

encore
Matter of time
The marching line

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: Band on the Wall Manchester UK 6th May 2016 (review)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:02:46 pm »
Thanks for the review! I wish she would play ATM first at all of her shows so the people who only came to hear that and aren't paying attention to the whole set will leave. That's cute what her mom said. I think we would all love her to play those songs again.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 08:43:17 pm »
Thanks for the review! I wish she would play ATM first at all of her shows so the people who only came to hear that and aren't paying attention to the whole set will leave.

HA. Yes.

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 08:44:14 pm »
Cool! Thanks for the posting about the show :)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:24:22 am »
@MartUK, were you the tall guy I talked to and who was front row next to me? (I'm the French dude!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

MartUK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:43:25 am »
Thanks for the review! I wish she would play ATM first at all of her shows so the people who only came to hear that and aren't paying attention to the whole set will leave. That's cute what her mom said. I think we would all love her to play those songs again.

Yeah although if "forced" to sit through other stuff maybe they'd decide they liked it?? I took my gf who only knows ATM and she loved it.

And tell me about it... I knew there was no chance of Twilight but I thought maybe Home (I've read that she's played it pretty recently).

MartUK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 10:44:06 am »
@MartUK, were you the tall guy I talked to and who was front row next to me? (I'm the French dude!

Nope, I was on the balcony. Which was still closer than you get in most gigs :)

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 08:31:51 pm »

Yeah although if "forced" to sit through other stuff maybe they'd decide they liked it?? I took my gf who only knows ATM and she loved it.

And tell me about it... I knew there was no chance of Twilight but I thought maybe Home (I've read that she's played it pretty recently).

That's true!! Definitely.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I would love it if she did a session where she played a bunch of her old songs in the 'liberman style'.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:33:31 pm by coldyoungheart »

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:27 am »
I knew there was no chance of Twilight but I thought maybe Home (I've read that she's played it pretty recently).

She played "Home" in the US because I was the one who requested it (she did it in Philly and I don't remember where else). She's usually nice enough to play it when I request it but here in Europe, when I asked her if she could play it in Paris next week, she wasn't so sure. She said they didn't rehearse it. We'll see but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Nope, I was on the balcony. Which was still closer than you get in most gigs :)

Oh ok. I was right in front of her. Seriously, this venue in Manchester was so small and the stage was really low. I was probably 2 feet away from her. I loved it but at the same time, it felt somewhat weird being so close.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:27:51 am »
thanks for posting! it's nice to see she switched it up a bit for the Europe tour.  but im sad I didn't get to hear matter of time and unlock the lock.. however, I will probably have more opportunities to see her again. 
~Sara~