Author Topic: Paula Abdul  (Read 30194 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:24 pm »
they are inviting anyone from so cal to be in her video for the Superbowl (shes not performing it at the superbowl, she's doing a music video instead) for free & to watch her perform and i got one of my friends to go with me! i'm so freaking excited.

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 12:16:53 am »
holy fucking crap. i'm gonna go into a lot of details so sorry this is like a novel, but bare with me cuz you will want to read the whole thing lol. it was the most surreal thing of my life. & yes I did kind of get to meet her and will most likely be on tv cuz I was there for 2 hours..i'll explain everything in the post.

So they took us to the actual studio after like 4 in a half hours of waiting, and there was the stage along with 3 catwalks. Well at first me and my friend weren't too close, and there was a tall guy infront of me so of course i was all bummed. BUT I freaking LOOOVE the guy that was in charge/the director lol (who also directs Entertainment Tonight & the Insider). Somehow someone else, and me ended up near the catwalk on the left if your looking at the stage cuz I raised my hand when he told the other girl to go up there so he let me up there too, plus my friend kinda pushed me to go haha so he motioned for me to go up to the left catwalk to stand on the side with the people up there so i was like yay..then i was all oh shit this means i'm gonna be on tv, shit lol. if my hair looks like crap it's because of the horrible weather..but i don't think it's too bad. hopefully not anyways.

THIS IS THE BEST PART. So since I was like 2 feet away from her for the whole 2 hours (i'll talk about the time next) she ended up shaking some peoples hands so I held out my hand & she said "hi!" and she shook my hand. i wasn't even expecting to get that close so that made my day lol. So it turns out we saw Paula for 2 hours!!! that's how long a concert is, i TOTALLY was not expecting that. We did have to hear "dance like there's no tomorrow" a million times though, but i didn't care lol. Though just a little secret for you guys..she does do a little bit of "forever your girl" in the beginning (like a few seconds) & a few seconds of Straight Up at the end..it's just tiny parts like added to the song, you guys will see.

The reason they filmed us that long was because they had to make sure Paula and all the dancers got it right & there was just a TON of stuff that went into making this performance I was really surprised at how hard her & the rest of the dancers/cheerleaders had to work I could tell Paula was getting tired at one point. Plus Paula's hat flew off a few times, her necklace broke once or twice, and her glove thing ripped but she was a good sport about it and cracked jokes with the audience in between takes. Then they decided to keep me and the people up infront while the people where I first was had to leave (my friend went up w/ me tho & got to stay) and they moved us all over the place. I ended up at all of the catwalks at one point. So I'm 99% sure i'll be on TV after all of that ha.

So basically we all hung out with Paula for two hours LOL. it was really interesting seeing how she is in person, I was like in awe most of the time it was the most surreal thing ever. my friend was all talking & i'm like "uh Paula Abdul's 2 feet away from me, sorry if i'm not listening" haha. I tried asking for a hug after, but way too many people rushed the stage when it was over to try to meet her so I didn't get one, but I did get to kinda meet her and see her for 2 hours so I'm REALLY thankful for that you guys have no idea.

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 02:27:34 pm »
I LOVED(!!!) the Superbowl performance, yeah she lip-synched but who cares??

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 03:37:34 pm »
Quote from: "NolitaFairytale"
I LOVED(!!!) the Superbowl performance, yeah she lip-synched but who cares??

haha yeah, she still put on an amazing performance! i wish she would have danced a little more (i wasn't really paying attention when i was there, i was in awe of being right next to my idol for 2 hours LOL) but it was still a great comeback.

i was only shown for like 2 seconds, but eh whatever it was still one of the coolest experiences i have ever had :)

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 11:38:07 am »
here's her new music video for "dance like there's no tomorrow"

& for you idol fans, there's a surprise at the very end.

www.fox.com/paula  

I love it :)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Paula Abdul
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 03:04:23 pm »
I really like the black lacy dress ... if I ever make it big, you might see me in a dress like that.   8)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:38 pm »
IF you make it big? psssh you WILL. lol.

You should try out for Idol next season since they are letting people play instruments now. That would be so cool :)

I told matthew jordan he should try out too. I would freak out if you two made it on together haha.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 07:18:15 pm »
i was in bed bath and beyond today and they played a paula abdul song! it was funny cause my mom said oh this is paula and i said How funny cause theres a girl on NESSAholics that loves paula. just thought id share that.

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 10:50:58 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i was in bed bath and beyond today and they played a paula abdul song! it was funny cause my mom said oh this is paula and i said How funny cause theres a girl on NESSAholics that loves paula. just thought id share that.

haha thats cool :) do you know what song it was? if you dunno the title, i'll probably know it if you say a line you remember lol.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 10:42:11 am »
i have no idea, it was as i was walking out so i didnt like listen to the whole thing, it was on really low to. lol

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2008, 01:39:40 pm »
holy. freaking. shit. i am on cloud one million right now ahh :D and i have like 5 people that can attest that this actually happened if some people dont believe me haha. i cant help to not make it long cuz soo much happened! & it's SO much better than the last time i met/saw her! For those who don’t know, me & some friends went to American Idol yesterday.

okay i’ll start out with the best thing. my dream/goal FINALLY came true! meeting Paula at the superbowl thing was cool & all, but this is something i’ve been wanting since i became a fan. i hugged her twice! me & my friends all did ahh she is the sweetest person ever. the first time was in the beginning. i’m pretty sure it was during the first commercial break. one of my friends got her attention and we showed Paula we were wearing her QVC jewelry. She saw my friends Tina & Jennah’s first & they got hugs, then she saw me wearing the star necklace i always wear & was like "oh your wearing it too!" and she gave me a hug. Then at some point my friend got Simon’s attention & told him we wanted another kiss skit like they did in the finale season 2 haha he was like "you guys really want one?" & we’re all "yeah!" then he winked at Jennah lol Simon is great.

So after the show was over me & my friends went up to Paula since she was in the crowd. & one of my friends met Paula a few times before & Paula remembered her earlier so she came over to talk to us asking if we liked her new single & we’re like "yeah!" duh haha. then i asked her if i could have another hug cuz i couldn’t really get any other words out (i was infront of my idol what do you expect lol) & she hugged me again this time longer and soo tight omg i was so happy at that moment, i cant even describe it. it’s something only Paula fans will probably understand. and when we let go i said "thank you so much" & she told me not to cry haha. i almost did. Then my friend told Paula we’re gonna take pics by her star on the walk of fame and she was really excited about that.

Then when we were in line we got to meet freaking Constantine cuz he was filming for American Idol extra on Fox Reality, so I got a hug from him. And Gina Glocksen who was also on a few seasons ago came over & we all got interviewed by her for the same show! and i hugged her after too, she was so sweet. and we saw danny noriega from this season go into idol before we went in & he stopped & gave us all hugs. he was like "hey love!" & gave me a hug, he’s sooo sweet. i got a lot of hugs yesterday, damn haha.

So yeah, there’s a ton more that happened, but that's all the good stuff lol.

charmedguy18

Paula Abdul
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2008, 12:32:16 pm »
Quote from: "Si"

(that was a looooong time ago...*sigh  
lol)

Aw, nah. That icon pic of you is really gorgeous. You have great bone-tone. You've not aged a bit... *cough* Oh, excuse me.

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:52 pm »
ohh yeah i forgot to mention she did something amazing for us that we're all still totally surprised about. but she told one of the girls that we had to promise not to say anything. and it's driving me nuts not being able to lol. i've told a few of my close friends, but i just wanted to tell you guys me & my friends had a special moment with her. like, i've met a lot of celebrities..& none of them ever did what she did. so i hope you guys realize why i like her so much now if you didn't before.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2008, 12:52:39 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
ohh yeah i forgot to mention she did something amazing for us that we're all still totally surprised about. but she told one of the girls that we had to promise not to say anything. and it's driving me nuts not being able to lol. i've told a few of my close friends, but i just wanted to tell you guys me & my friends had a special moment with her. like, i've met a lot of celebrities..& none of them ever did what she did. so i hope you guys realize why i like her so much now if you didn't before.

Ugh! The mystery! Damn, though... that sounds like it was quite the little adventure! Shit, I can only imagine how great that musta been. I mean if it were me and Vanessa, I might not cry but I would most certainly pee my pants. Fo sho.

Laura

• View Profile
Paula Abdul
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2008, 04:37:25 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Ugh! The mystery! Damn, though... that sounds like it was quite the little adventure! Shit, I can only imagine how great that musta been. I mean if it were me and Vanessa, I might not cry but I would most certainly pee my pants. Fo sho.

lol. Paula's the only celebrity that i almost cried infront of..probably cuz she's one of the two that kinda saved my life. so it meant a lot getting to finally hug her & tell her thank you in person. it's amazing when you meet your idol/hero & they are everything you imagined them to be and more. sounds way cheesy, but it's true haha.