Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 278180 times)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1035 on: May 21, 2005, 08:44:47 am »
She doesn't remind me of Vanessa either...she doesn't remind me of anyone.  I love her music and her voice--there's nothing else like it.   :)

Personally, I really wish she wasn't doing an album with Jessica.  I prefer her as a solo artist.   :roll:  But that's just my opinion...and I'll probably get The Wreckers' album.  I just fear it won't be as good as Michelle's solo efforts.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1036 on: May 21, 2005, 04:28:42 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
She doesn't remind me of Vanessa either...she doesn't remind me of anyone.  I love her music and her voice--there's nothing else like it.   :)

Personally, I really wish she wasn't doing an album with Jessica.  I prefer her as a solo artist.   :roll:  But that's just my opinion...and I'll probably get The Wreckers' album.  I just fear it won't be as good as Michelle's solo efforts.

hhmm .. I suppose because I really like her collaborations with Santana and then Sheryl Crow, and Desperately, i'm looking forward to more ..

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1037 on: May 21, 2005, 05:25:34 pm »
I haven't heard much of "The Wreckers" songs to decide, but Im not a fan of country music bah

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1038 on: May 21, 2005, 05:26:56 pm »
Quote from: "Dora"
I haven't heard much of "The Wreckers" songs to decide, but Im not a fan of country music bah

It's country music?!?!  8O
crap
I was going on it sounding something like desperately which was a Jessica Harp/MB colloboration ..

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1039 on: May 21, 2005, 06:12:48 pm »
Jessica co-wrote "Desperately"?  I could've sworn "Are You Happy Now" was the only collaboration on Hotel Paper (John Shanks co-wrote it, I believe)...

Well, The Wreckers aren't simply country, however they're influenced by it--doesn't Jessica have a more folkish, country sound in general?  And I know Michelle likes it (i.e. The Dixie Chicks)...anyway, that's exactly why I prefer Michelle as a solo artist.   :roll:   But oh well!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1040 on: May 21, 2005, 08:55:45 pm »
Jessica co-wrote "Desperately"?  I could've sworn "Are You Happy Now" was the only collaboration on Hotel Paper (John Shanks co-wrote it, I believe)...

Well, The Wreckers aren't simply country, however they're influenced by it--doesn't Jessica have a more folkish, country sound in general?  And I know Michelle likes it (i.e. The Dixie Chicks)...anyway, that's exactly why I prefer Michelle as a solo artist.   :roll:   But oh well!

I think the wreckers is a cool countrish sound , not really typical since it still has the rock/pop edge to it. I actually love the duo.
all the songs I´ve heard so far sound great with the two, I love love love the song "cigarettes",my fav song so far!! :D I cant wait for the album :)

Since I am so far away to go to any the wreckers concerts, I downloaded some of their media and live rec from jessicaharp.org  :)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
The Wreckers
« Reply #1041 on: May 21, 2005, 11:01:35 pm »
When is their album supposed to drop?
Dustin

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Wreckers
« Reply #1042 on: May 22, 2005, 12:22:30 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
When is their album supposed to drop?

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1043 on: May 22, 2005, 01:11:14 pm »

If she didn't do the album w/ Jess, she wouldn't have done a solo album.  The Wreckers project was pretty much what was inspiring her at the moment when she was at a not-so-great point in her solo career and feeling very frustrated with many things.  

The album songs are fantastic. I would not say they are really purely country at all, but a variety of influences from folk to rock.  The songs are gorgeous and I've heard several album versions and they're amazing.  I am pretty snobby about music and am not just saying this because Jessica is a friend of mine. :)

However, because of Michelle's pregnancy, Jessica is proceeding with a solo album and there are delays with the Wreckers album.  It may be 2006 before it is out, but then it will depend on Jessica's schedule. We'll see what happens.  Jessica actually IS doing a country album, though, but those who don't like country don't have to listen to it :) (We redesigned her site by the way which you can find at www.jessicaharp.net and many new songs are coming soon. We're adding a Flash player within the next two weeks to the site).

I really think that their record will impress a lot of people. Even those that feel negatively right now.  But the record just needs to come OUT.

brokenbracelet

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cazbatten.cjb.net
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1044 on: May 22, 2005, 03:47:25 pm »
The new site is beautiful, you did a great job Weiser  :wink:

I can't be doing with reading the other 70 pages of the thread, I shall just say I love Meech, and I'm loving the live stuff I've heard of The Wreckers. I think the girls are great separately and great together. To be honest if it were me and one of my closest friends, nothing would excite me more or refuel my desire to write than a project like this.

This damn album is testing my patience though lol, it's driving me crazy cos I just want it NOW! And add on the fact that it may not even get a proper UK release, thus I'll have to import it from the States.
sig courtesy of Nat ;-)

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1045 on: May 22, 2005, 04:20:03 pm »

Jess didn't co-write Desperately. She just did backup vocals.
And John Shanks co-wrote AYHN, Breathe, 'Til I Get Over You, Love Me Like That and I think one more but I can't remember which.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1046 on: May 23, 2005, 04:08:49 am »
Actually Jessica and Michelle both wrote "Desperately" on a bus on tour.  However, when it came time to give the credits, Jess let Michelle have it because she said she wrote more of it or something like that. But they did write it together.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1047 on: May 23, 2005, 06:04:00 am »
Aww that's cute :D
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1048 on: May 23, 2005, 07:04:03 am »
So I downloaded all of the live performances and, of course, loved them!  Thanks for the link.   :wink:   Those girls can write a killer melody!
The fantasy

nessaRox

• MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1049 on: May 24, 2005, 12:56:16 am »
I saw a couple of their videos posted ln their o-boards.. the recording of lay me down.. and another with jess singing.. it was really awesome..

And now they ve got santana to kick start thier career as a band.. what more could u ask for??????