Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 310839 times)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1140 on: December 09, 2005, 09:54:54 am »
Quote from: "angelheart56"
Do you think the board will re-open? I think it's possible that she could hurt her career if she leaves it down.....

Too late!  It's an idiotic thing to do in the first place...I mean, were they really being THAT mean??
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1141 on: December 09, 2005, 11:41:42 am »
I'm surprised that she felt she had to respond to haters and trolls.  She looks tired in those pics.  WTF did she do to her hair?  Man, I hope she gets out of whatever funk she's in.  Maybe its post-partum?

Dan/NS

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1142 on: December 09, 2005, 02:31:36 pm »
The boards are going to reopen when the record comes out...

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1143 on: December 09, 2005, 03:59:38 pm »
Wow.  That's a BOLD move. 8O
Joe

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1144 on: December 10, 2005, 07:52:49 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "angelheart56"
Do you think the board will re-open? I think it's possible that she could hurt her career if she leaves it down.....

Too late!  It's an idiotic thing to do in the first place...I mean, were they really being THAT mean??

Well, they called her fat, ugly, and a sellout for selling pictures of her, her husband and their baby to People (I believe), when in all reality, she's just given birth, probably very tired, and I'm sure sick of paparazzi following her around and trying to take pictures of her baby.  Selling a few pictures is one way of keeping them away for awhile.

It's not like it was just a one time thing though either.  There was a group of people on there who her awful to her every time they could be.  Should she have just let it go?  Maybe, but I tell you what, anyone of us who'd had all those things said about us would have blown up too.

I understand the closing of TWMB MUCH more than I understand what happened with the MBMB (faux political-themed shut down).

In the long run, those kids will keep coming back to belittle her (and other celebrities) and her fans will also come back because just because the personality/appearance/etc/etc has changed, doesn't mean the music has, and that's what it's all about anyway...the music.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1145 on: December 10, 2005, 08:24:48 am »
^ very well said and exactly right. Sorry to say it, but for some reason Michelle has a very high percentage of assholes as fans. Maybe they were fans at one time, but now I guess it's the "cool" thing to do to constantly bitch about her, make fun of her, criticize her decisions, etc. Then when she says anything about it, they all wonder why. She has put up with a lot of shit from a lot of people for a long time. I'm glad she said something. Maybe some people don't like the way it's worded, but too friggin bad. I wasn't on the boards a lot, but they were crap most of the time. And until their record comes out there just isn't much to talk about anyway...

ChocoNutz

• AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1146 on: December 10, 2005, 02:37:04 pm »
I agree 100% with Tricia and Jessica
 Especially with this: <i>anyone of us who'd had all those things said about us would have blown up too. </i>

Come on, she's HUMAN!

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1147 on: December 10, 2005, 07:47:12 pm »
^ ditto.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1148 on: December 12, 2005, 07:59:33 am »
I think it's ridiculous that people have to get so insulting on a personal level. To dislike a song or a wardrobe choice or something is fine but you don't have to get outright MEAN, particularly in a place where said artist could read everything you have to say.
It's too bad the boards had to get shut down but it was understandable.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1149 on: December 12, 2005, 10:41:12 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I think it's ridiculous that people have to get so insulting on a personal level. To dislike a song or a wardrobe choice or something is fine but you don't have to get outright MEAN, particularly in a place where said artist could read everything you have to say.

Exactly!

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1150 on: December 12, 2005, 12:00:21 pm »
Gee, thanks a lot!  Now, after borrowing her CDs and listening, I think I actually like Michelle Branch! :o

(Of course, not that that's a bad thing. 8) )
Dustin

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1151 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:56 pm »

Through the miracle of the internet, trolls have a pedestal.  Not everything can be moderated 100%.  I feel badly for Michelle on this level.  As for nasty things being said......
What about VC.com? Plenty of nasty things and low blows go on over there. Look, I don't claim to know the level of drama that went on over in Meech world, but I still think she could have dealt them the biggest blow by pulling the plug without ADDING to the drama.  That is my central point.
Maybe there could have been a nicer disclaimer page where she shouted out to her long time supporters while addressing the haters.

Dan/NS

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1152 on: December 12, 2005, 09:54:43 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"

Through the miracle of the internet, trolls have a pedestal.  Not everything can be moderated 100%.  I feel badly for Michelle on this level.  As for nasty things being said......
What about VC.com? Plenty of nasty things and low blows go on over there. Look, I don't claim to know the level of drama that went on over in Meech world, but I still think she could have dealt them the biggest blow by pulling the plug without ADDING to the drama.  That is my central point.
Maybe there could have been a nicer disclaimer page where she shouted out to her long time supporters while addressing the haters.

Dan/NS

No arguement from me that she could have handled the situation better.  The trolls were actually thrilled to be called out and addressed.  Just fed their egos.

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1153 on: December 13, 2005, 02:30:53 pm »
Tricia is so hot. :)

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever understand trolls. Like what is the point? There are artists I dislike, like Eminem for example...can't really get into the music and just am not feelin' the love... but I don't spend time hanging out on his message board and making fun of the people who are fans and acting like an idiot. It just seems weird to me. I guess I have better things to do, though.

I missed all the Wreckers board stuff when it went down because I was in NY so I didn't see the hater posts, so I can't comment on that...

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1154 on: December 13, 2005, 03:49:28 pm »
Like I said, I think I'm starting to like her now.  And I don't know why.  I've made comments in the past, nothing mean, but that I just wasn't into her, but now I'm listening to what I was missing out on.  Gee, thanks a lot!  Now she has another fan. 8)
Dustin