Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 278450 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1335 on: March 11, 2008, 03:22:38 pm »
Quote from: "nessaRox"
Bump!!

there is no need to bump threads. she is a poser, I have to agree. At least Vanessa stayed true to her style of music, even if it might have made her more successful financially.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1336 on: March 13, 2008, 03:00:36 am »
I like that she did country because that way I still get to hear her on the radio when I'm riding with my wife.  Although, right now I'm hearing so much more of Miley.  Not to change the subject, though.
Dustin

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1337 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:48 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
Bump!!

there is no need to bump threads. she is a poser, I have to agree. At least Vanessa stayed true to her style of music, even if it might have made her more successful financially.

yeah right....who s showing off more skin than she promised????

nessaRox

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1338 on: March 17, 2008, 12:54:05 am »
i'll bump if i want to manda..

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1339 on: March 17, 2008, 02:17:16 am »
Bump!!

country was more successful for michelle branch? are you kidding? she did what she wanted. she made amazing music, while doing a project with her best friend, and took time off from pop/rock music (with all her huge pop/rock singles, she made a ton more money, i'm sure) to have one pretty big single (in the COUNTRY world, not the whole music world) and one not so big single, and then is going back to pop/rock music.

sure she uses a fake country accent, but damn! she can do what she wants. and for that matter, vanessa can show as much skin as she wants to, and that shouldn't be used as leverage in an argument that no one can win because opinions aren't right or wrong.

your post doesn't even make sense.
Samuel
(he/him)

nessaRox

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1340 on: March 17, 2008, 06:12:17 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
Bump!!

country was more successful for michelle branch? are you kidding? she did what she wanted. she made amazing music, while doing a project with her best friend, and took time off from pop/rock music (with all her huge pop/rock singles, she made a ton more money, i'm sure) to have one pretty big single (in the COUNTRY world, not the whole music world) and one not so big single, and then is going back to pop/rock music.

sure she uses a fake country accent, but damn! she can do what she wants. and for that matter, vanessa can show as much skin as she wants to, and that shouldn't be used as leverage in an argument that no one can win because opinions aren't right or wrong.

your post doesn't even make sense.

Totally agree...

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1341 on: March 26, 2008, 06:05:04 pm »
Okaay @ the random Michelle-hating...

So there's a streaming of the original version of Lay Me Down on michellebranch.com, and I was wondering if someone could rip it?

(my internet connection is reeeeally bad, so all I can hear is the occasional warble coming out of my speakers...)

So yeah...

Woo Michelle Branch!

MyMelody

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1342 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:12 pm »
Quote from: "feishien"
Okaay @ the random Michelle-hating...

So there's a streaming of the original version of Lay Me Down on michellebranch.com, and I was wondering if someone could rip it?

(my internet connection is reeeeally bad, so all I can hear is the occasional warble coming out of my speakers...)

So yeah...

Woo Michelle Branch!

I second this. The site insists I am not a member, even though I have been since October. I really would like to hear this!

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1343 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:26 pm »
For those of you not in the know, if you sang Country music and you don't sang it Country, it just don't sound right, like your heart ain't in it or sumpm.
Dustin

Cyril

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1344 on: April 20, 2008, 05:37:19 am »
Her new songs are great ! Especially "This Way" and "Crazy Ride".

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1345 on: April 20, 2008, 09:45:39 am »
Quote from: "Cyril"
Her new songs are great ! Especially "This Way" and "Crazy Ride".

Where did you hear them?
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Cyril

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1346 on: April 22, 2008, 11:25:38 am »
YouTube !  :)

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1347 on: April 22, 2008, 11:40:50 am »
oooh I am going to go have a listen in a bit!

I heart you youtube *nods*

feishien

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1348 on: May 02, 2008, 06:14:24 am »
Woo new songs!

(I heart youtube too! :P)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1349 on: May 02, 2008, 01:45:19 pm »
I don't think she's a poser for making a country album. Some people go that route. I would say Bon Jovi went that route. They were so far from country to start and it looks like they are sticking with it now because they can't sell albums doing regular rock any longer. But to me it isn't weird for Michelle to sing country. Isn't she from Texas? And a lot of country artists don't "talk" with a country accent. Heck even I sing country type songs differently than pop songs. It just sounds better that way.

Plus, if she is coming back to her original sound with her new album, what was wrong with her experimenting in country with a friend? I thought they were pretty good myself. I think Jessica Harp is a better songwriter than Michelle, actually.

Edit: I want to stress that I don't even really like MB that much (I liked her once upon a time for awhile). I just don't think she sold out.