Poll

Do you miss the VCMB?

Yes
20 (62.5%)
No
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 31, 2003, 10:42:12 am

Author Topic: Do you miss the VCMB?  (Read 9004 times)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 05:08:17 pm »
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
HELL F'N YES I MISS THE OLD BOARD.

Cuz now all the retards come here... (I did not name names...)

Amen to that. Long live the o-board.

-Kev

Tiger Baby

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 08:14:28 pm »
yes. But I enjoy it here too.

aVriL1036

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - aVriL1036@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 02:17:00 am »
Yuppers! Very much!  :cry: The o-board rules!  :)
"I'm a boy."

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2003, 05:41:30 am »
i don't miss it at all, but the only good thing about it was that when I was bored I could PW with Adoro.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2003, 09:09:39 am »
misses it like crazy!

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2003, 09:46:58 am »
no, because it's crap.
the only part i like about it is the fact that Nessa posts on it.

Amanda

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2003, 10:16:23 am »

this is why i miss the old board

"you need to retard your anger"

"im retarded!, its retarded, arghh"
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2003, 10:44:03 am »

Okay... I think I've kept my mouth shut with how much you've been getting on my nerves, I think I've been pretty kind by not jumping the gun and flipping out right away.

But (Todd is it?) you've been really negative toward the "O-boarders" ever since I've been here. Maybe you NEED to name names because otherwise I think your just pissing a lot of really nice people off. Me being one of them. Call me a retard for no good reason, of course I'm going to get mad.

Katia, Tricia- Hear me out... If threads are going to get locked or deleted, let it be for a good reason. Let this thread get locked because of the fact that there is people/group bashing. I don't like being bashed and I'm ABOUT to get angry. Even more so than I already am.

Mods, lock this please. Kev, you've voiced your opinion too, "Long live the O-Board" for the reason that GSU stated...
Quote from: "kev222"
GSUCarltonFan wrote:

-Kev
Taken from Katia's FAQ/Board Issues post Rule #5: "...don't start or contribute to a flame war..."

I know that some people can be irritating, but it's not just people from the VanessaCarlton.com alone. Stop putting all the blame on us, because honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of all this stupid ranting and raving about the "annoying" O-boarders.

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

its locked -Vulturemod

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2003, 11:03:54 am »
Quote from: "Ms.Redd"

Okay... I think I've kept my mouth shut with how much you've been getting on my nerves, I think I've been pretty kind by not jumping the gun and flipping out right away.

But (Todd is it?) you've been really negative toward the "O-boarders" ever since I've been here. Maybe you NEED to name names because otherwise I think your just pissing a lot of really nice people off. Me being one of them. Call me a retard for no good reason, of course I'm going to get mad.

Katia, Tricia- Hear me out... If threads are going to get locked or deleted, let it be for a good reason. Let this thread get locked because of the fact that there is people/group bashing. I don't like being bashed and I'm ABOUT to get angry. Even more so than I already am.

Mods, lock this please. Kev, you've voiced your opinion too, "Long live the O-Board" for the reason that GSU stated...
GSUCarltonFan wrote:

-Kev
Taken from Katia's FAQ/Board Issues post Rule #5: "...don't start or contribute to a flame war..."

I know that some people can be irritating, but it's not just people from the VanessaCarlton.com alone. Stop putting all the blame on us, because honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of all this stupid ranting and raving about the "annoying" O-boarders.

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

*lock please*

I'd have to say even though no one takes me serious that i feel exactly like she does, and it bothers me even more that people think im just some big joker who could care less, im a fan, i have traveled for 18 hours straight to see a vanessa show, ive met all of the band members and 6 of my fellow nessaholics...ive gone out of my way to take others to shows..i mainly set up the boston get together,....i dont really know a lot of things i can do for someone who is famous when im a nobody, but im always willing to help out, and i like to keep things positive, but i seriously dont want to help or meet up with or even go to shows with a bunch of people who make me feel like crap. mo
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2003, 11:05:14 am »
yeah....

Daniel

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2003, 11:06:59 am »

-Kev

What puzzles me is that on one hand the management team over here wants new people to come... yet on the other hand they don't seem to (as suggested by the above quote).

If you expect new people to come and join, you have to expect that there will naturally be changes in the "atmosphere" over here.  If you wanted the way it was 'before all the retards came over here,' you could have simply let in only those people you like and exclude others.  It is a private board, after all.. and nobody can stop you from doing it if you wanted to.  But if you want it to be for everyone... you have to be willing to accept the changes that will--not may--occur.

I've stated my feelings before, partly in threads over here (like the one about making Nessaholics.com the official fan club), in selected threads on Vanessa's board, and in PMs to someone in management over here.  

The easy and obvious solution I chose was to simply not visit here as often as I used to.

Daniel

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2003, 11:43:41 am »
First off, I want to thank Mal for bringing this to my attention again.

I have to admit, i was concerned when i first saw this thread.  The constant bantering about "idiots from the o-board" has grown old and frankly, nothing good can or is coming from it.

Because Mal made several very good points, and i don't care to see this spiral in a heated discussion... i am locking this thread.

I just want to make a few last comments.  All the idiots of the world didn't reside at the official VCMB... they're everywhere.  There are some cool people at the VCMB that we should be thrilled they have come over here.  My personal overall annoyance with the VCMB was the lack of software support from Fullerene and lack of full moderation...

I really don't want to scare people off from posting here because the Mods are perceived as being elitest.  If you are annoying, stupid, don't think, etc... you will be dealt with... but other than that everyone should post here.

*Get's off soap box... & clicks the "lock" button*
-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you miss the VCMB?
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2003, 11:58:20 am »
Okay in mine (and Todd's) defense.

The idea that Todd was refering to the entire population of the o-board is a (paranoid?) inference on your part. He does not state, or even imply, that every member of the o-board is one of the retarded users. Any offense you can draw from his post is your own making. The same is true of my reply. The fact is that some users who would usually stay on the o-board have now come here and are repeatly breaking the rules and flooding with pointless posts. If it needs to be stated explicitly, which it obviously does, that is not true of You, Pete or Daniel and a majority of other o-board users.

-Kev