sophmore (10th)
5 (35.7%)
junior (11th)
5 (35.7%)
senior (12th)
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 18, 2003, 10:56:46 am

Author Topic: for highschoolers  (Read 4678 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
for highschoolers
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2003, 06:19:16 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
which sucks because the school is so small and the 7th graders have no clue where they are going to the main hallway is always blocked.

i know how that is... the freshman at my school last year were the worse, it was seriously impossible to get thru it cause they would stand in the middle talking instead of moving to the side. we all avoided walking thru there as often as possible.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
for highschoolers
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2003, 06:24:12 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "badsrx7"
I'm turning 16 in October.

I think most kids in my grade are turning 16 this year, tooo.

wow...most people turning 16 are sophmores at my school...by the time you are a juinor you have had your license for awhile...

yeah... at my school and all the schools in my area you turn 16 while your a sophmore. but one of my friends didnt turn 16 till she was a junior. and then there are seniors i know of who will be turning 19 this year... i guess it all depends how old you are when your parents put u in school. and also how the community does it. i turned 5 in kidergarden... but when i moved to the town i'm in now, they wouldnt let me into the school system unless i redid kindergarden (so i would turn 6) because they said i was too young for 1st grade.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
for highschoolers
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2003, 06:59:29 pm »
Where I went to school, the cutoff date was September 1.  As long as you were 5 by September 1, near the beginning of the school year, you could start kindergarten.  Our school year usually started the second week of August, so there were several people still 17 when they graduated high school and a few who were still 17 when they started college the following August!
Dustin