Author Topic: Recurring Dreams?  (Read 16900 times)

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« on: June 25, 2003, 05:33:55 am »
I keep getting this bizarre dream all the time about going back to school even though I'm blatantly a bit beyond school now. Every time I'm running late and I don't know where I'm supposed to be when I get there. Kind of an anxiety thing I guess.

Anyone else get recurring dreams or nightmares? I used to get the standard drowning nightmare all the time when I was young to the point where I learnt to wake myself before it got to the drowning bit.

LimeTwister

Re: Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 05:37:45 am »
Quote from: "Zebrakorn"
I keep getting this bizarre dream all the time about going back to school even though I'm blatantly a bit beyond school now. Every time I'm running late and I don't know where I'm supposed to be when I get there. Kind of an anxiety thing I guess.

i have that dream.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 05:39:22 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

i have that dream.

Really? lol .. I guess it's a standard dream then. Weird. Anyone else get that one? Makes me wonder what's going on in my head when I sleep.

Xennifr

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - errr...forgot ..Jenniferx20@msn.com..uh thats it i think...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Xennifr
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Jennifer181933
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 05:51:26 am »
well almost everyone has experienced one or more dreams that contain anxiety or outright fear. For some, unpleasant dreams or nightmares recur repeatedly for others, the content may change while the theme remains the same, such as scenes of falling, or of being pursued or attacked, late or unprepared for a presentation or an exam, stuck in slow motion, unable to move or scream, or naked in public, to name a few common themes. lol This type of experience, when unpleasant, is usually associated with lack of progress by the dreamer to recognize and solve related conflicts in life.

I can remember i kept having this dream where there was this sandwhich i just couldnt reach to eat..i dont know its like i wanted the sandwich so bad but couldnt reach for it.... i had to do all kinds of crazy things just to get it...i would always dream that and the more i dreamed about the more i couldn't reach for the sandwich....then finally when i finish the dream one night..the sandwich was posion..it was like a sign of maybe someone wanting to poison me in real life..i dont know i'm crazy..lol

i'm just sayin maybe you keep having these dreams for a certain reason in your life...The goal is still to put an end to nightmares and recurring dreams, but by evolving them into more beneficial scenarios, and not by blocking, ignoring or denying them,because if you block, deny or ignore such messages from the subconscious for too long, then it simply speaks ‘louder’ to get our attention often by bringing related events, which I call daymares, into our waking hours..so i say finish the dream sweetie ...lmao
What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters to what lies within us.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 06:04:34 am »
Quote from: "Xennifr"
well almost everyone has experienced one or more dreams that contain anxiety or outright fear. For some, unpleasant dreams or nightmares recur repeatedly for others, the content may change while the theme remains the same, such as scenes of falling, or of being pursued or attacked, late or unprepared for a presentation or an exam, stuck in slow motion, unable to move or scream, or naked in public, to name a few common themes. lol This type of experience, when unpleasant, is usually associated with lack of progress by the dreamer to recognize and solve related conflicts in life.

I can remember i kept having this dream where there was this sandwhich i just couldnt reach to eat..i dont know its like i wanted the sandwich so bad but couldnt reach for it.... i had to do all kinds of crazy things just to get it...i would always dream that and the more i dreamed about the more i couldn't reach for the sandwich....then finally when i finish the dream one night..the sandwich was posion..it was like a sign of maybe someone wanting to poison me in real life..i dont know i'm crazy..lol

i'm just sayin maybe you keep having these dreams for a certain reason in your life...The goal is still to put an end to nightmares and recurring dreams, but by evolving them into more beneficial scenarios, and not by blocking, ignoring or denying them,because if you block, deny or ignore such messages from the subconscious for too long, then it simply speaks ‘louder’ to get our attention often by bringing related events, which I call daymares, into our waking hours..so i say finish the dream sweetie ...lmao

lol .. yeah .. that makes a lot of sense. I'm going through a lot of stress right now and went through some nasty borderline depression because of a load of things I'm trying to sort out. So I guess that's gonna cause some interesting dreams lol.

I used to also get the one where you can't move properly.. where you're slowed down as though the air is really thick and your legs are too heavy =)

Xennifr

• View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 06:09:48 am »
I used to also get the one where you can't move properly.. where you're slowed down as though the air is really thick and your legs are too heavy =)[/quote]

lmao..you're silly

lol dreams are wierd i suppose..
What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters to what lies within us.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 06:10:58 am »
I used to also get the one where you can't move properly.. where you're slowed down as though the air is really thick and your legs are too heavy =)

lmao..you're silly

lol dreams are wierd i suppose..

They certainly are. Although I'm sure sometimes they make more sense than real life ; )

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 06:11:11 am »

Wow Jen.  That was an extremely intelligent, well thought out, response to Matt's question.

So where did you copy and paste that from?  Cause we all know you can't type a paragraph that long, with proper comma usage, AND leave out the "..." every other word.

I had a recurring dream about Michelle Branch for like 2 months.  It was creepy cause im not even a huge Michelle Branch fan.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 06:13:09 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Wow Jen.  That was an extremely intelligent, well thought out, response to Matt's question.

So where did you copy and paste that from?  Cause we all know you can't type a paragraph that long, with proper comma usage, AND leave out the "..." every other word.

Easy there chief.. so what if she did copy it? Geez. No bitching in my thread please!! =P

Xennifr

• View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 06:13:36 am »
copy? i don't so..i didnt copy that anywhere....lol sorry but you're not the only one who is perfect around here with paragrahs...LMFAO!

whatever you want to think grakthis..whatever...i dont "copy" things...

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 06:14:51 am »
Why don't you stop fucking whining for once
It's NEVER alright with some of these people here  :roll:

Not naming any names, though
 :roll:

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 06:15:33 am »
Quote from: "Simone Sarah"
Why don't you stop fucking whining for once
It's NEVER alright with some of these people here

Listen to the Si .. she speaks my mind .. or something =)

Xennifr

• View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2003, 06:16:31 am »
who si? me?..lol  :wink:

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2003, 06:16:51 am »
No, not you

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2003, 06:17:08 am »
HIM! *points*