Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« on: June 30, 2003, 01:49:58 pm »
you guys know i had to do this!! lol.

i know most of you think that they're gone, and aren't getting back together... and i can see why you'd think that since it's been a year and a half since they last released a single and 2 of the members have made/are making solo albums. but they've been on a hiatus! just to give Justin and JC time to do the solo thing and for Lance to try to go to space and work on his companies, for Chris to work on his company and for Joey to work on his acting (in the movies and on broadway)... they will get together and start working on their new album in September or October, so expect the album next spring! and expect it to be different, theyre always changing their sound up.

and i just wanna say a few things... they can play instruments, they write their own songs now (they did on NSA and Celebrity), and they don't lip sync... so those are a few of the things people complain about them doing that they dont!

i've been a fan of their's since i first heard them 5 years ago... and i think i always will be! lol. theyve gotten me through so much.

have any of you guys been to a concert? ive been to a No Strings Attached, 3 Pop Odesseys, and a Celebrity! i think the best one would have to be Celebrity. Pop Odessey was huge and a great concert, but i like how they toned it down with Celebrity!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
*NSYNC
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 01:53:57 pm »
I knew someone would post this

*runs*

Just kidding

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Re: *NSYNC
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 01:58:33 pm »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
i've been a fan of their's since i first heard them 5 years ago... and i think i always will be! lol. theyve gotten me through so much.

ah yes, i remember those days...i was young...naive....and didn't know what real music was  :wink:  just kidding. They're a talented group of guys, i will say that much for them.  not too much in to their music anymore, but, i admit, i still like "tearin up my heart" :D

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 02:03:30 pm »
If I wasn't a celebrity would you still be nice to me if I didn't have cheese almost everyday would you still wanna be with me.

haha I love nsync...I still have up all my nsync dolls along with 3 posters that sing a song when you press a button and 1 regular ones!! plus I've been collecting TONS of Justin Timberlake posters whenever I see then in magazines......I just keep on forgetting to put them up.

yup they're great!! haha

haha now I'm listening to celebrity just because you reminded me of them!! lol
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 02:11:48 pm »
hehe, well i'm into their music! lol, but i like pretty much anything... i'm a music freak. everything from NSYNC, to Vanessa, to Evanescence, to 50 cent, to Jewel to POD...

their first album (self titled) was good... it just has a good, happy feeling to it! lol.
then with NSA... they definatly changed their sound! that album rocked! it sold 2.4 million albums the first week! now thats amazing! and 1. something the first day! it's good when an artist goes platnum in the first couple months, let alone the first day!
and Celebrity was an awesome album... more R&B and just fun to dance to. and it also had great ballad like "Gone", "Something Like You" and "Selfish"

NSYNC has a good talent for reaching out to different audiences. ofcourse everyone of their songs is played on pop and top 40 stations, but songs like Girlfriend and Gone got them played on R&B and rap stations, and "God Must Of Spent" got them played on country stations... seriously, youve got  to hand it to them for that! how many artists can pull that off?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 02:16:21 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
If I wasn't a celebrity would you still be nice to me if I didn't have cheese almost everyday would you still wanna be with me.

haha I love nsync...I still have up all my nsync dolls along with 3 posters that sing a song when you press a button and 1 regular ones!! plus I've been collecting TONS of Justin Timberlake posters whenever I see then in magazines......I just keep on forgetting to put them up.

yup they're great!! haha

yay Shelly!!!  :D
yep... i have alot of their stuff too! lol

i pulled out "Celebrity" for the first time in a long time and listened to it a few days ago!

"invincible is what you think you are... thats so typical, don't you think that you're a star? you act like everyone revolves around you, baby you dropped the ball and now the game is through!"

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 02:17:13 pm »

their first album (self titled) was good... it just has a good, happy feeling to it! lol.

NSYNC has a good talent for reaching out to different audiences. ofcourse everyone of their songs is played on pop and top 40 stations, but songs like Girlfriend and Gone got them played on R&B and rap stations, and "God Must Of Spent" got them played on country stations... seriously, youve got  to hand it to them for that! how many artists can pull that off?

oh i completely agree. Personally I think that their first album and BSB's first album are two of the best POP albums. (i admit, i still have a soft spot for BSB) i just started losing interest in them when Celebrity came out though...anywhos, I give them a lot of credit. There's no way in hell i could do what they do...

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 02:22:32 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

yup they're great!! haha

yay Shelly!!!  :D
yep... i have alot of their stuff too! lol

i pulled out "Celebrity" for the first time in a long time and listened to it a few days ago!

"invincible is what you think you are... thats so typical, don't you think that you're a star? you act like everyone revolves around you, baby you dropped the ball and now the game is through!"

cuz you tried to play both sides
you got caught up in your lies
and now you're running
you're running out of time

haha
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Laura

• View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 08:15:38 pm »
I can't wait until boybands come back Holly, lol. I kinda miss the BSB vs. Nsync days on TRL, haha  :wink:

But really, im not much of an Nsync fan, but I do think JC is pretty talented. He was one of the best performers at Wango Tango. I was REALLY impressed with him. That was so cool how he brought a whole marching school band on stage. That was awesome.  :)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 10:17:07 am »
Quote from: "Me&myPiano"
I can't wait until boybands come back Holly, lol. I kinda miss the BSB vs. Nsync days on TRL, haha  :wink:

But really, im not much of an Nsync fan, but I do think JC is pretty talented. He was one of the best performers at Wango Tango. I was REALLY impressed with him. That was so cool how he brought a whole marching school band on stage. That was awesome.  :)

yeah! JC is really talented! he has the best voice out of the group! ive always thought so, so thats why i cant wait for his album!

Laura

• View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 05:50:51 pm »
Do you know when it's going to come out? I'm not really into the Britney/Nsync type pop anymore, but I may get his album if I can hear some of the songs before I buy it.

I can't wait until AJ and Howie's albums come out, and Nick's second one. I gotta make a BSB thread now, lol

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 10:49:59 pm »
there is no set date... but people think it'll be late summer

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
*NSYNC
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 04:50:59 pm »
BUMP!!!!

LimeTwister

*NSYNC
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 07:40:45 pm »
Lance Bass officially came out.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
*NSYNC
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »
I was wondering if he was when on the episode of Kathy Griffinn: My Life on The D-List when he was over at Kathy's with her gays. Then again when she was in Vegas and ran into him while they were getting free stuff (vodka.)

Good for him. But now they are going to follow him even more for a bit.

Article

Lance Bass: I'm Gay

Wednesday Jul 26, 2006 8:30am EST

Lance Bass, the former 'N Sync heartthrob, reveals that he is gay, in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," says Bass, referring to bandmates Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake.

"I didn’t know: Could that be the end of ’N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, ‘Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did," he says speaking about his sexual orientation for the first time with PEOPLE.

Now, after years of keeping his personal life private, the Mississippi-bred, Southern Baptist-reared Bass, 27, is publicly revealing what he first shared with his friends, then his shocked family.

"He took years to really think about how he was going to tell everyone," says his close buddy Fatone, 29, who was the first 'N Sync bandmate to find out Bass is gay. "I back him up 100 percent." Adds Bass’s longtime pal, actress Christina Applegate: "I've always accepted him as who he is. It's about his own serenity at this point."

Having pursued acting, producing and – most memorably – space flight after ’N Sync went on hiatus in 2002, Bass now is looking ahead to new beginnings. He is in a "very stable" relationship with model-actor-Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, 32, and is developing an Odd Couple-inspired sitcom pilot with Fatone in which his character will be gay.

Mostly, though, he’s just enjoying the relief that comes with the culmination of a long, at times emotionally fraught journey.

"The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

As for why he's talking about this now Bass says, "The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

For the full Q&A with Lance Bass, pick up PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.