Poll

Do you believe Kobe Bryant?

Yes
19 (67.9%)
No
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 21, 2003, 07:36:52 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe Kobe Bryant?  (Read 21336 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: Believe him?
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2003, 07:36:38 pm »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
And now there are apparently TWO suicide attempts on this girls record!  TWICE she Od'd in the last year!  Not a shot in hell a jury will convict based on this evidence, and anyone who thinks otherwise is dellusional or psyhic.

Nah... with a history like that, the prosecution is apt to press statutory rape charges because she couldn't give consent anyway. :wink:

lol!  Nice call  :wink:
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2003, 08:34:21 pm »
My dad could still kick your dad's ass.  I bet my mom could kick your dad's ass too. ;)

Seriously though, I always feel just a little bit smarter after reading your posts (well not always, but most of the time).  I did debate in high school and it's rather refreshing to see those types of things on here...especially with people who are well informed like you, Jason, and Will....even if you all piss me off sometimes. <3
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2003, 08:38:44 pm »
We've a debate team. The only one I remember is uniforms in schools. O_o I kicked ass in that one.

I suck any other time.

I hate the Mets.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2003, 09:45:36 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"

I hate the Mets.

Don't we all?  :wink:

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2003, 10:04:34 am »

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2003, 10:20:49 am »

Kobe has never said "nothing" happened.  I don't know where you get this BS from.  You just make up facts?  All he ever said before charges were filled is that he did nothing illegal.  ONce charges were filled he admited that he had consensual sex with her.

And now there are apparently TWO suicide attempts on this girls record!  TWICE she Od'd in the last year!  Not a shot in hell a jury will convict based on this evidence, and anyone who thinks otherwise is dellusional or psyhic.
---Andrew

So what, if someone automatically disagrees with you, it's BS?

In his very first statement to the media (prior to the one in which he appeared with his wife), he denied even sexual contact with the allgeged victim. You can choose to ignore the parts of the story you want, but it the denial is quite clear.

Kobe's stories do not add up. And, because of the initial denial, it's obvious that there is no "open marriage," which you discussed earlier.

Andrew, you would obviously argue with a sign post and get mad at it for not arguing back. I guess this is just one more futile attempt to make everyone think you know something. A smart man knows he doesn't have all the answers, but knows to ask the questions.

Topher
Ti Amo Michelle!

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2003, 12:08:46 pm »
Topher somehow I gotta believe that your being a Jailblazer fan might have a little to do with your opinions on this subject. You should be used to seeing charges filed against players being from Portland. LMAO

Cheating is wrong because you enter marriage supposedly to be faithful to your spouse. Yes, there are such things as open marriages but I highly doubt Vanessa agreed to be in one. Just because she's accepting his infidelity doesn't mean that she agreed to accept it from the beginning of the marriage. I'm sure that she probably knew that the chances of him doing it is higher because of his profession and status but that still doesn't make it acceptable. I agree that you get treated the way you allow somebody to treat you and Vanessa is, in a way, condoning his behavior but the fact remains that Kobe never should've been married in the first place. Had he been single when this incident occurred I doubt charges would've been made against him because the accuser would've believed that she "had a shot" with him.

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2003, 03:05:01 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Topher somehow I gotta believe that your being a Jailblazer fan might have a little to do with your opinions on this subject. You should be used to seeing charges filed against players being from Portland. LMAO

Okay now, for the record, only two Blazers were found guilty of a minor offense during the past season. People talk about them like the whole team is in court on murder charges every other day. That's not the case. And hey, everyone wants to get rid of Damon Stoudamire anyway. But if you're going to mention the "JailBlazers," don't forget to mention the other 13 on the roster who are pretty good guys (i.e. Derek Anderson, Dale Davis, Jeff McInnis).

I  have to give you credit for the dig though -- not bad. However, following Portland has no affect on my not believing Kobe Bryant. I believe the evidence will show that he is guilty of the charges which have been brought against him.

And, while possessing marijuana is illegal, I'd consider sexual assault a little more serious.

Again, nice dig Steveau.

Topher
Ti Amo Michelle!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2003, 03:47:48 pm »
Quote from: "DixieChck615"
My dad could still kick your dad's ass.  I bet my mom could kick your dad's ass too. ;)

Seriously though, I always feel just a little bit smarter after reading your posts (well not always, but most of the time).  I did debate in high school and it's rather refreshing to see those types of things on here...especially with people who are well informed like you, Jason, and Will....even if you all piss me off sometimes. <3

I strongly believe that if someone ISN'T getting pissed off, then the argument isn't accomplishing as much as it could.  People get mad when their most strongly held beliefs are challeneged, and being challeneged makes people grow.  It makes people consider other alternatives.

I have come to some of my BEST realizations when I am the MOST pissed off.  Which is why I never get offended when someone tells me I'm mean or I'm an asshole.  It just means I've made an impression.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2003, 03:53:45 pm »
Quote from: "topher8467"

In his very first statement to the media (prior to the one in which he appeared with his wife), he denied even sexual contact with the allgeged victim. You can choose to ignore the parts of the story you want, but it the denial is quite clear.

I'm telling you RIGHT NOW, this is NOT TRUE.  I don't know if it's a lie or you are just misquoting, but that was never said.  He never said that.  His lawyer never said that.  You are making an assertion that an event happened, PROVE IT.  Find me a quote or article.  PROVE ME WRONG.  I dare you!

Kobe's stories do not add up. And, because of the initial denial, it's obvious that there is no "open marriage," which you discussed earlier.

Andrew, you would obviously argue with a sign post and get mad at it for not arguing back. I guess this is just one more futile attempt to make everyone think you know something. A smart man knows he doesn't have all the answers, but knows to ask the questions.

Topher

First off, your little quote about a wiseman is really funny because I don't think you're in a position to be talking about who is and is not wise.  Frankly, that quote in and of itself is pure irony because a wise person (as defined in your statement) wouldn't make that assertion and if a fool makes the statement then why would anyone believe it?

And if you ever read my other posts, you would realize, I ask a TON of questions.  But apparently, unlike you, I infact LISTEN to the things I am told and read, so I know what IS and IS NOT said.

His story DOES add up.  If you think it doesn't, show us.  What is wrong with his story?  FInd the flaws.

You make these assinine off the cuff assertions then you don't back them up with ANY logic or facts, and you expect us to believe you?
---Andrew

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2003, 07:39:57 pm »
Okay now, for the record, only two Blazers were found guilty of a minor offense during the past season. People talk about them like the whole team is in court on murder charges every other day. That's not the case. And hey, everyone wants to get rid of Damon Stoudamire anyway. But if you're going to mention the "JailBlazers," don't forget to mention the other 13 on the roster who are pretty good guys (i.e. Derek Anderson, Dale Davis, Jeff McInnis).

I love how you say "ONLY TWO"!!!  Only two THIS SEASON!  You also have the league leader in Technicals.  And a bunch of flat out thugs.  I would hardly classify Dale Davis or Jeff McInnis as "good".  Derek Anderson, I'll give the nod to.

I  have to give you credit for the dig though -- not bad. However, following Portland has no affect on my not believing Kobe Bryant. I believe the evidence will show that he is guilty of the charges which have been brought against him.

I say again, WHAT EVIDENCE!  No evidence has been released to the public.  As far as we know, they have no evidence.  So you tell me, what evidence do YOU have that none of the rest of the US has?
---Andrew

---Andrew

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2003, 10:16:10 pm »

Well, don't feel so bad for Vanessa.  They were married in CA which is a 50/50 state.  Which means right off the top if she wants to divorce him she walks away with half.  And maybe more depending on she plays it.

Trust me, if she stays with him then shes gonna be the one running that relationship for a while and if she leaves him she gets RICH and no one blames her for it.  Either way she wins.
---Andrew

Yes I know all about this... but what about the emotional BS he is putting her through?

LimeTwister

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2003, 04:39:03 am »

I'm telling you RIGHT NOW, this is NOT TRUE.  I don't know if it's a lie or you are just misquoting, but that was never said.  He never said that.  His lawyer never said that.  You are making an assertion that an event happened, PROVE IT.  Find me a quote or article.  PROVE ME WRONG.  I dare you!

I wasn't paying too much attention to the case, and I am still not paying too much attetntion...but I do remember like 2 weeks ago where they were talking about it on MSNBC(or FOX NEWS) they were talking to a lawyer (not one connected to him) and she said that Kobe was told that if the frainzick(sorry can't spell) matched not to lie...and he said he didn't have sex...but last week he came out saying he did but both parties agreed on it.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2003, 07:24:27 am »
Quote from: "nikkee"

Yes I know all about this... but what about the emotional BS he is putting her through?

If the emotional BS is bad, then she will leave him.  If not, then she will stay.  I think her decision is pretty clearly going to show us how bad it is or isn't for her.

Besides, its none of our business if he cheats on his wife.  It's only our business if he commits a crime.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2003, 07:33:00 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
I wasn't paying too much attention to the case, and I am still not paying too much attetntion...but I do remember like 2 weeks ago where they were talking about it on MSNBC(or FOX NEWS) they were talking to a lawyer (not one connected to him) and she said that Kobe was told that if the frainzick(sorry can't spell) matched not to lie...and he said he didn't have sex...but last week he came out saying he did but both parties agreed on it.

No no no no no.

Bryant's exact words were "I didn't do anything like that".  He never said "I never had sex with her"  he never said "I didn't have sexual relations with that girl".  He did NOT pull a Bill Clinton.  He denied the accusations and people made BAD assumptions about what he was denying.  That is not his fault if people misinterpret.
---Andrew

---Andrew