Author Topic: Rancid  (Read 3161 times)

Nightmare Nikki

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NightmareNikki0
    • View Profile
Rancid
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:28:16 pm »
Just bought ...OUT COME THE WOLVES.  Great album from what I've heard, like the songs that I've gotten of them in the past.  Good band, I like their style.  Some songs are kind of Ska-ish, even though they don't incorperate Ska instruments, songs like "Ruby Soho" and "Time Bomb"  just make me think Ska, I dunno...

Who else likes this band? :D

Nightmare Nikki

• View Profile
Rancid
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 07:32:29 pm »
No reply at all after a full (okay, maybe not FULL but still) 24 hours!?  Come on!  No one's even HEARD of them to come in here and tell me I suck for liking them?  Jeebus!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Rancid
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 08:14:25 pm »
I've heard of them. Never really paid them much attention though, lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Nightmare Nikki

• View Profile
Rancid
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 09:38:47 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
I've heard of them. Never really paid them much attention though, lol.
 You oughta check them out.  They have a fun cover of Giligan's Island, heheh.  A good song is Timb Bomb as well as Ruby Soho, those are nice fun songs.

Bauhaus

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rancid
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 10:29:15 am »
Im sorry, but i hate rancid. Punk music in general usually sucks, and rancid is no exeption.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Rancid
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 06:25:47 am »
Quote from: "Bauhaus"
Im sorry, but i hate rancid. Punk music in general usually sucks, and rancid is no exeption.

OMFG, WAHTS GOIN ON IN THIS MUSIK THRD GUYZ?!? LOLZ!q!!1!!1!

GET OUTA MY MESSAGE BOARD, n00b!!!!!

Have you ever listened to the Clash?!? The Ramones?!? Old school Misfits?!?  

You are gonna jump on the AFI bandwagon but make fun of the music that SPAWNED them?!?  Davey Havok LOVES punk.

STFU, n00b.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Bauhaus

• View Profile
    • Email
Rancid
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 02:38:18 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

OMFG, WAHTS GOIN ON IN THIS MUSIK THRD GUYZ?!? LOLZ!q!!1!!1!

GET OUTA MY MESSAGE BOARD, n00b!!!!!

Have you ever listened to the Clash?!? The Ramones?!? Old school Misfits?!?  

You are gonna jump on the AFI bandwagon but make fun of the music that SPAWNED them?!?  Davey Havok LOVES punk.

STFU, n00b.

The Misfits are good, but thats about the only good punk band. After danzig left the misfits, he formed a goth/deathrock band called samhain. I LOVE them, but i dont like the misfits as much.

I know afi started as a crappy typical punk band, they were not good until they released black sails in the sunset, which is more metal than punk. There new cd was awesome.

I dont hop on bandwagons. I decide what i like and what i dont like. I like new afi. I think that most punk is boreing, and its way too trendy for me.

I know davey loves punk. He also loves deathrock, electronic music, alternative, metal, ect... That music is more my style. But punk is just so boreing and typical. How many countless bands out there sound just like NOFX? They make me want to fall asleep. I know tons of punks in my school, there all a bunch of trendies if you ask me. Punk is just stupid.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Rancid
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 05:47:19 am »
The Misfits are good, but thats about the only good punk band. After danzig left the misfits, he formed a goth/deathrock band called samhain. I LOVE them, but i dont like the misfits as much.

I know afi started as a crappy typical punk band, they were not good until they released black sails in the sunset, which is more metal than punk. There new cd was awesome.

I dont hop on bandwagons. I decide what i like and what i dont like. I like new afi. I think that most punk is boreing, and its way too trendy for me.

I know davey loves punk. He also loves deathrock, electronic music, alternative, metal, ect... That music is more my style. But punk is just so boreing and typical. How many countless bands out there sound just like NOFX? They make me want to fall asleep. I know tons of punks in my school, there all a bunch of trendies if you ask me. Punk is just stupid.

Then you are more then welcome to say "I don't like punk, but I respect what it has done for the industry and how it has influenced some of my favorite artists".

Hell, I don't like NOFX either.  I only own 1 clash CD and I own 0 sex pistols CDs.

But It's like talking about the Queen of England.  Even if you don't LIKE her on a personal level, you still pay her respect because she's the F'in QUEEN.

Even if you don't personally like Punk. NEVER say it SUCKS.  Because it doesn't.  In fact, Punk is responsible for 90% of the music you probably like.  No one said you had to like Punk, but you do have to respect it.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Bauhaus

• View Profile
    • Email
Rancid
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 11:59:01 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Then you are more then welcome to say "I don't like punk, but I respect what it has done for the industry and how it has influenced some of my favorite artists".

Hell, I don't like NOFX either.  I only own 1 clash CD and I own 0 sex pistols CDs.

But It's like talking about the Queen of England.  Even if you don't LIKE her on a personal level, you still pay her respect because she's the F'in QUEEN.

Even if you don't personally like Punk. NEVER say it SUCKS.  Because it doesn't.  In fact, Punk is responsible for 90% of the music you probably like.  No one said you had to like Punk, but you do have to respect it.

Actually, it does influence a lot of the music i like. I mean, i love 80s pop and new wave and all that came from 70s punk music. Punk isnt that bad, really. I just dont like the punk rock "image", like all the trendies at my school who follow all the punk bands and be all like, "anarchy!!!!!!!" and stupid crap like that. That just bothers me. Another thing is that the lyrics in punk music were all about rebelion, anger, and being a punk, and all that. I like music with more emotion and feeling in its lyrics, and i think that a lot of punk bands lack that feeling. I shouldnt say that punk sucks because a lot of music i listen too came from punk rock, but i dont partiularly like punk music.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Rancid
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 05:00:06 am »

Actually, it does influence a lot of the music i like. I mean, i love 80s pop and new wave and all that came from 70s punk music. Punk isnt that bad, really. I just dont like the punk rock "image", like all the trendies at my school who follow all the punk bands and be all like, "anarchy!!!!!!!" and stupid crap like that. That just bothers me. Another thing is that the lyrics in punk music were all about rebelion, anger, and being a punk, and all that. I like music with more emotion and feeling in its lyrics, and i think that a lot of punk bands lack that feeling. I shouldnt say that punk sucks because a lot of music i listen too came from punk rock, but i dont partiularly like punk music.

*claps*

Well put.

---Andrew