Author Topic: Avril Lavigne  (Read 95183 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Avril Lavigne - What the Hell ?????
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »
her album is supposed to be "completely different" from the best damn thing and everything she ever did release. Half the record is solely written by herself .. we'll see. I hope it really is. because i'm sick of songs like girfriend or even What the hell. She says it has a positive message, I'm not that sure about it. And the music video?? she wakes up next to a guy which she runs away from to go touch some muscles and then implicitly has sex with him at the end. Avril claims that she's shy and stuff, i don't see it. But I used to adore her music and if her new album really is raw and not pop at all and IF she really actually can write good songs on her own too, then I'll probably be as big a fan as I was when I was 12-13 :) If all we got is a the best damn thing part II I probably won't buy her next record.

I will let you know, I already pre ordered it.  It should arrive mid next month.  When Let Go came out I was 16-17 and most of the songs pertained to my life at the time.  Then with Under My Skin, she did it again!  I was psyched whenThe Best Damn Thing, having not heard girlfriend that often because I don't listen to radio usually or watch music video channels.  That album did nothing for me.  There were only a few songs I listened to and I only remember them now because I have the booklet right here! Runaway, When You're Gone, Innocence, I don't have to Try (if I was in the right mood), Keep Holing on.  With that said I can't remember the last time I listened to the album..
I didn't realize she said it was supposed to have a positive message... you really have to reach for that and put in a lot of circumstances and if's to make it that way (in my book). The video is not reassuring.  It reminds me of V saying she was banned from VH1 for talking about sex (briefly, in one song about losing your innocence)...yet Avril is saying she wants to mess with a guys head and then mess around in his bed! She prances around half naked singing about infidelity being a positive thing!  What's worse????
~Sara~

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2011, 07:31:31 am »
I totally agree with you =) I've also preordered my copy, can't wait. If it's half as good as Under My Skin, I'll be more than happy :)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:05 am »
So I've been listening to the album non-stop since a few days now. I'm pretty much in love with the record :) Good job Avril :) I'm impressed by her self-written songs. This record really shows her maturity as an artist. Of course the occasionnal "f-k" is still a part of her and that's not that bad, she won't change. Good thing.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2011, 02:00:15 pm »
So I've been listening to the album non-stop since a few days now. I'm pretty much in love with the record :) Good job Avril :) I'm impressed by her self-written songs. This record really shows her maturity as an artist. Of course the occasionnal "f-k" is still a part of her and that's not that bad, she won't change. Good thing.

where are you from that you have the album?? Jealous!!  US doesn't release until the 16th
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2011, 04:55:30 pm »

where are you from that you have the album?? Jealous!!  US doesn't release until the 16th

she posted a video on Facebook says it's coming out the 8th now. The video has clips of each track...I'm liking it so far :)
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
Re: Avril Lavigne
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2011, 06:05:32 pm »
Have to say I'm liking the sound, it kind of reminds me of Let Go, sound wise, but with added maturity.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2011, 07:15:49 am »

The album leaked online yesterday (a LQ release got leaked a few days ago). It's released in Japan yesterday. I also listened to the album and I have to say that it isn't the best damn thing she's put out.  :'( I have heretofore enjoyed every one of her albums, but this one wasn't that great. I like "Everybody Hurts" and "Alice" but that's about it.

For some strange reason, whenever these stars are happy and content, they release the worst music. Duffy got a rugby-player boyfriend and released that terrible second album, too. I wish them the best, but misery seems to drive great music, so...maybe they should break a leg (literally) or something.  ???

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2011, 08:35:29 am »
It was always supposed to be released march 8th in the US, and in Europe it will be on friday :) Yes the album leaked about a week ago and I've downloaded it since I will buy the record in both standard and deluxe versions and also buy copies to all my friends that have their birthday this month, which is quite a lot!

Craft, I don't know how you can prefer The best damn thing over Goodbye Lullaby. Everyone's their own taste in music I guess, and it's a good thing:)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »
i really like the album at all. it has like 14 songs on it, and i'm in love with 9 of them. actually i think i've learned to go on with avril through her changes, but i can definitly see some "let go" avril on it (specially on "darlin").
"darlin", "everybody hurts", "i love you" and "not enough" are probably my favorites on the album. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:42:02 pm by Fred_Saboya »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2011, 02:01:00 am »
I really like "Everybody Hurts" too. It sounds like the way she does before.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2011, 05:27:08 am »
Can I just say that I'm SOOOOOO glad we don't have a repeat of WTH or anything from her last album on this.  I am very impressed and happy with what she has done on this album.  I don't have any favorites yet, but Darlin' would be a front runner.  I have only listened to the album once so far (and with the bonus tracks, I'm not even done yet) so I may update this post sometime next week.  So far, I am very happy with this sound.  I was also surprised to see that Deryck produced all of the songs but one, I wonder if it was hard for them to work together :/
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »
Have only listened to snippets of the album from her facebook page, but will be ordering it over the next day or two, looking forward to hearing it.

From the snippets especially looking forward to hearing Push and Wish You Were Here.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

VCarltonNet

« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:27 am »
I'm actually an obsessive Avril fan! :) and have a fansite for her also

http://avrilspace.com

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2011, 07:14:16 am »
I didn't get into this cd as much as I hoped.  It as catchy at first and I enjoyed it, but I noticed a lot of repetition that just didn't appeal to me.  I still like it a lot better than the last one, but I don't find myself wanting to listen to it, as I WANT to listen to Vanessa and lately, Kate Voegele.
~Sara~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:11 am »
Smile!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D