Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 239813 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2003, 03:20:41 pm »
Cool EW scan! :)

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

DMccanless

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - drmcc6685
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2003, 03:49:08 pm »
your friend is very nice isn't he...  :wink:

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2003, 03:49:55 pm »
Quote from: "DMccanless"
your friend is very nice isn't he...  :wink:

yep he's a stud. lmao

DMccanless

• AOL Instant Messenger - drmcc6685
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2003, 03:52:04 pm »
lol...perfect words

chickey

• VCUBs
  • You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2003, 12:15:08 am »
today, later tonight... i get to see evanescence... and holy hell this concert will be off the hook for real!  the recent set list they have been placed has expanded from my last show...to...:

i can't f'ing wait... should get a good boot of this show... going to try to place myself near the speakers and AWAY from the monkeys talking.

hope things turn out well... Yippeeeeeee  Even in Death, My Immortal... Heart Shaped Box... this is bound to be a kick ass show!

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Evanescence
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2003, 05:54:11 am »
*jealous*
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2003, 09:24:49 am »
Nice. Enjoy it :)

Zero? Who are they covering there?

-Kev

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2003, 09:59:35 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Nice. Enjoy it :)

-Kev

Isn't that a Smashing Pumpkins tune?

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2003, 10:11:41 am »

Quote from: "GJenkins05"

I'm like... SHOCKED. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album sold like 10 million albums, was one of the biggest grunge albums, right there with Nirvana's Nevermind. Why does no one know "Zero" from the Mellon Collie album??? I even had to rip the MP3 for Kat last night.
However, I know Evanescence will do a version thats much much better than the original.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2003, 10:43:29 am »
ooh wow, i would just die if i heard them do My Immortal live, i adore that song so much- so simple yet so powerful.

I think if they have good enough promotion they should become the next big thing here.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2003, 11:56:46 am »
Quote from: "blackvulture"

Quote from: "GJenkins05"

I'm like... SHOCKED. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album sold like 10 million albums, was one of the biggest grunge albums, right there with Nirvana's Nevermind. Why does no one know "Zero" from the Mellon Collie album??? I even had to rip the MP3 for Kat last night.
However, I know Evanescence will do a version thats much much better than the original.

Hey, I knew it, LOL. I almost bought that album, but back then I was poor LOL

-Brian

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Evanescence
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2003, 12:31:12 pm »
That's right!  Poor indeed!
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Daniel

• View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2003, 12:33:17 pm »
Yes! Finally the Ev thread has more responses than the Las Ketchup thread. I was starting to fear that it wouldn't ever happen :-/

I was always on about them to a friend of mine at uni and she downloaded the stuff from mp3.com and listened to the clips from the album. She wants to buy it, but the lightweight won't pay for the import, pfft.

-Kev

lol!!  I better revive the Las Ketchup one, huh   :wink:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2003, 12:41:39 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
ooh wow, i would just die if i heard them do My Immortal live, i adore that song so much- so simple yet so powerful.

I think if they have good enough promotion they should become the next big thing here.

They are getting their video played on Kerrang every half hour or so :) Plus the DD movie was good UK promo for them. London radio is playing it a lot too (so I hear). The album is out on the 28th, I think it'll do well :D

Oops, I guess it's just because I never liked the pumpkins :-\ Nor did/do any of my friends. Thanks.

-Kev

LimeTwister

Evanescence
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2003, 04:08:33 pm »
for BVulture.

Evanescence

With so many up and coming stars, sometimes it's best to do something to standout. With their dark-rock sound and a vocalist who was truly born to sing, Evanescence has found their something.

They have recently released Fallen, their first album on a major label. Fallen debuted at number 7 on the Billboard charts in March, and is still going strong. It was just certified gold and has been in the top 10 since its release. The album ranges from heavy rock to soft piano. There is truely something for everyone. The first single, "Bring Me To Life" features Paul McCoy of 12 Stones and has been tearing it up on the charts. It’s upbeat and catchy and has a great video that really fits the mood of the song. The lyrics are always deep, sometimes a little sad, and totally memorable. They are filled with everything from hurt and unhappiness to hope and loss. Their songs speak to every audience.

With musical influnces such as Bjork, Tori Amos, and Danny Elfman, Evanescence has a sound all it's own. During the mid-90s, the band felt out of place in the Midwest where their sound was so different from everything else. Nevertheless, they became local radio favorites. The two founding members of the group are guitarist Ben Moody, and vocalist Amy Lee. They met each other at camp, and since then have been working on the band. For a while, the two of them couldn't play shows because they didn't have a backing band. After adding John LeCompt on guitar and Rocky Gray on drums, Evanescence was ready to roll.

Having two songs placed on the soundtrack to the highly anticipated Daredevil was a great thing for the band. It gave them a chance to really get some of their music out there and establish a national fanbase before their album was released. The fanbase they got is highly loyal and great at spreading the word. The shows they have done in the past few months have been highly successful and some have even sold out. It won't be long before this band is selling out huge arenas everywhere.

Recommended songs are “My Immortal” (a favorite for many people), “Everybody’s Fool”, and “Imaginary”. Check them out and find out for yourself why Evanescence is here to stay.

- Joey and Tricia

find more like this at Crank It Up!