Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 239809 times)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2003, 06:35:12 pm »
Quote from: "highwaycruiser"
lol!!  I better revive the Las Ketchup one, huh   :wink:

lol, No! I'll give you $1000 if you promise not to :-\

FM99 radio interview and 2 song acoustic set from today
http://www.kev.nu/norfolk_va_interview/

The quality isn't great, encoded at 128K and it sounds like it was a radio - tape - PC job (but it's okay). Just thought I'd post it here for those that don't get to the evboard.

-Kev

Some other stuff (no much) here too. http://www.kev.nu/ev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2003, 06:52:10 am »
A friend of mine saw them here in louisville 2 nights ago and she loved it.  She hung out with the lead singer and got a ton of pictures.  I'll have her scan them and post them sometime soon.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2003, 09:50:16 am »
Thanks Andrew, that would be great :)

-Kev

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2003, 10:38:25 am »
Yeah, that would be real cool Andrew. :)

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2003, 04:47:33 pm »
This weeks R&R numbers, just for fun :

1 1  Linkin Park  Somewhere I Belong (Warner Bros.)   3199
2 2  Evanescence  Bring Me To Life (Wind-up)   3111
3 3  Audioslave  Like A Stone (Interscope/Epic)   2909
5 4 Trapt  Headstrong (Warner Bros.)   2695
4 5  Red Hot Chili Peppers  Can't Stop (Warner Bros.)   2614

... aside from that, the new Staind is making a hard push towards the top, it cracked the top 10 this week.

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2003, 05:03:34 pm »
Quote from: "GJenkins05"
This weeks R&R numbers, just for fun :
1 1  Linkin Park  Somewhere I Belong (Warner Bros.)   3199
2 2  Evanescence  Bring Me To Life (Wind-up)   3111

Damn that Linkin Park! They have stood in the way long enough!

Quote from: "GJenkins05"
... aside from that, the new Staind is making a hard push towards the top, it cracked the top 10 this week.

:D "Price To Play" does rock! Wonder if it'll beat out Ev in the next couple weeks.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Evanescence
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2003, 06:13:16 pm »
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=213059

(4/16/03, 5 p.m. ET) -- Evanescence's interview in the April 18 issue of Entertainment Weekly has created a stir in the Christian music world. As a result, the band's label, Wind-Up Records, is pulling its album from Christian music stores.

Vocalist Amy Lee said in the interview, "There are people that are hell-bent on the idea that we're a Christian band in disguise, and that we have some secret message. We have no spiritual affiliation with this music. It's simply about life experience." Lee adds, "I guarantee that if the Christian bookstore owners listened to some of those songs, they wouldn't sell the CD."

Lee's band mate Ben Moody said in the interview, "I'm not ashamed of my spiritual beliefs, but I in no way incorporate them into this band. We're actually high on the Christian charts, and I'm like, What the f--k are we even doing there?"

Evanescence is signed to the same label as spiritually leaning acts such as Creed and 12 Stones. The band's first single from its album Fallen was "Bring Me To Life," featuring 12 Stones vocalist Paul McCoy. The track performed well at Christian radio, and Wind-Up was distributing the album to Christian music stores.

The band's comments apparently got the attention of the Christian music community -- as well as the band's label. Wind-Up recently recalled Evanescence albums and singles from Christian stores and radio stations.

In a letter dated April 10, posted on the Christian Music Central (cmcentral.com) Website, Wind-Up records chairman Alan Meltzer explained to retailers that "despite having roots within the Christian community prior to the release of Fallen, recent statements by band members have made it abundantly clear that Evanescence is a secular band and view their music as entertainment. No more, no less. As such, we strongly feel that they no longer belong in Christian retail outlets."

Meltzer also wrote, "I have no issues or problems with the band not wanting to promote a religious agenda. That is their opinion. How it has been handled is a separate issue. That being said, I do have a problem with misrepresenting the artist to the Christian community. That is not and has never been the intent of Wind-Up or the band. Nevertheless, it is quite apparent that the landscape has now changed...I apologize for what has become an unfortunate and embarrassing situation."

The label reportedly requested that Christian stores pull all of the band's products by June 30.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2003, 06:50:25 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
"Price To Play" does rock! Wonder if it'll beat out Ev in the next couple weeks.

I am sure it will be top 7-5 next week, if not higher. It gained 1200+ plays just in this last week, and is the most added song. So you figure it will continue for the next few weeks.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2003, 06:56:33 pm »
i love Evanesence!!

my fave songs are My Immortal, Tourniquet, Imaginary and Everybody's Fool
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2003, 08:29:58 am »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
i love Evanesence!!

my fave songs are My Immortal, Tourniquet, Imaginary and Everybody's Fool

Word Holly ;)

-Brian

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2003, 11:50:27 am »
it was so cool! Bring Me To Life was played on Radio One- i was like YAAAAAAAAAAY! They got a good lil' bit of talking from Jo Whiley too.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2003, 07:52:15 pm »
That is awesome Rosie!

-Brian

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2003, 08:36:11 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
it was so cool! Bring Me To Life was played on Radio One- i was like YAAAAAAAAAAY! They got a good lil' bit of talking from Jo Whiley too.

*gasp* Hurrah, that's it, it's gonna be big. A million teenie boppers are gonna grab it now radio1 has played it :D

What kind of things did  JW say? I bet she said that they sounded like Linkin Park didn't she? It's exactly the kind of thing she'd say and she's a big LP fan.

*is happy* Thanks for the news Rosie.

-Kev

P.S. Album out in UK stores on the 28th :) for anybody who wants it (which you do!)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2003, 08:13:56 am »
She said they were going to be big and that Bring Me to Life is huge in the states. She also told people to go to the website (are you experiencing a major influx of UK fans now!?) and then she spelt it out, lol.

She then got a txt later saying 'u have no idea how long i have been waiting to hear this, its like a mix between mariah carey and linkin park.'
She said 'i'm not sure if thats a compliment, and i've been playing it for quite a few weeks now!'

Hmmm Radio One= the master of all single sales in the UK. lol
"I'm all about the wordplay."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2003, 05:31:06 pm »
are you experiencing a major influx of UK fans now!?

lol. Nope because they closed down the official message board ;) The forum I go to (and the other peeps too) is an unofficial one on http://www.exodusevanescence.com (the first and best ev fan site ;)). The Ev o-board was always a huge bag of crap (a million times worse than the VC o-board is now :-\). But yeah, I imagine a few more UK peeps will show up. I hope so, so far I seem to be the only regular UK member :(

She then got a txt later saying 'u have no idea how long i have been waiting to hear this, its like a mix between mariah carey and linkin park.'
She said 'i'm not sure if thats a compliment, and i've been playing it for quite a few weeks now!'

hehe, mariah carey 8O? Strange people. lol. A few weeks? I'll have to start listening to radio1 again I think. I'm losing touch.

-Kev