Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 230236 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #600 on: September 08, 2003, 01:22:55 pm »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
hmmm I'm confussed about thiscrappyband.com what is it? I mean does Katia hate ev?

We <3 teh Ev.
Once upon a time in Amy's Evboard profile she listed her occupation as:
"lead singer of this crappy band"
So we thought it might be fun to grab the domain and bash on Effervescence... not to be confused with Evanescence.

(600th reply)

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Evanescence
« Reply #601 on: September 08, 2003, 01:26:39 pm »
ohh I see!

or as this annoying girl who always IMs me would say, "OIC"

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2003, 01:25:42 pm »
haha for you nice fans!

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2003, 01:28:39 pm »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
haha for you nice fans!

For Joe Hahn:

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2003, 01:31:56 pm »
For Kev, and all the other wonderful ev fans..

http://b937.tripod.com/937/id30.html

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Ev on Thursday...
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2003, 03:14:30 pm »
I went to see Ev on Thursday night. Here is my review.

SETLIST

Haunted
Going Under
Taking Over Me
Everybody's Fool
My Last Breath
Farther Away
Even In Death
Zero
Bring Me To Life
Tourniquet
Imaginary
*ENCORE*
My Immortal
Whisper

I got to the Rave at about 3:45 and just meandered around a bit. I didn't see any familiar faces or which bus was which (there were a total of 4 different busses around) so I just kind of chilled out and sat down for a while.

After continuing to meander a bit they began to let people in the bar area of the Rave around 4:45, but I decided that I didn't feel like going in the Bar yet because I wanted to wait around to see if I could catch anyone I knew or Ev, so I sat down out by the front of the Rave.

Around 6 I decided to go in and by that time they began letting people into the lower level of the Rave which was all of the Nintendo Fusion stuff. I tried a game and decided their controller was WAY too big and goofilly constructed for me to continue to use them. So I went to get in the line to go upstairs to the Rave Ballroom. They began letting us upstairs at 6:45 and after climbing three flights of stairs I saw that most of the spots up front were taken, so I decided to grab a front row place all the way to the right by the speaker towers. Then the wait began.

Even though the show was not scheduled to start until 8 they decided that Finger Eleven was going to go on at 7:30 exactly. That didn't bother me any. Their set was decent, and they were done by 8. Then the Nintendo Fusion guy comes out and yells about this and that and tells us to get hype and to go sign up to win a Gameboy Advance signed by Ev, and I look around and see by this time I am pretty much encased in people so there goes that idea.

Revis hit the stage at 8:25 and they were AS ADVERTISED. They kick ass live. They had the crowd rocking and movin' by that point. The only bad part about their set was the fact that they had a GIANTLY bright light shining right on the crowd the entire time which made it next to impossible to see THEM without shading your eyes lol. Revis finished up at 8:50. Nintendo Guy again, blah blah blah .........

COLD hit the stage at 9:10. I was impressed with the ability of the stage crew to change sets and do soundcheck in 20 minutes. COLD was good, I am not a big COLD fan but they didn't disappoint. The crowd really seemed to be feeling them and knew their songs. Had I known more of the songs I probably would have enjoyed it more too. COLD was done about 9:50. Then the real wait began. Out comes Fusion guy again. He gave away the last Gameboy Advance signed by Ev and threw out a bunch of T-Shirts.

Then we wait. They were pumping pretty good music the entire evening, so it wasn't that bad but still. Guitar check. Drum check. Drums again. Nothing for about 15 minutes. Guitar check. FINALLY Keyboard check. Wait for another 5 minutes, the lights go down, the intro music starts and the place goes nuts. Here comes Evanescence at 10:35.

They go right into "Haunted", I noticed that it seems like the tuning on the guitars has gotten more aggressive, it sounded really ANGRY, really cool. Much different from the Summerfest show and first Rave show.

Same thing with "Going Under". Amy was definitely on her game tonight vocally.

Boom, boom, boom, go through "Taking Over Me", "Everybody's Fool", and "My Last Breath". "Farther Away" was good, "Even In Death" was an awesome too.

Now we move into the headbanging portion of the show with "Zero", "Bring Me To Life" and "Tourniquet" back to back. The crowd is feelin' "Zero", singing along and all. It took them a minute to pick up on the opening guitar riffs to "Bring Me To Life" and I audibily yelled "Come on now you know THIS!", but everyone was into it once they got it. The thrashing around continued into "Tourniquet" and pretty much didn't end until the break between that and "Imaginary". Once they finshed "Imaginary" they cut the house lights and we were left to cheer and wait.

The crowd wasn't as loud as it could have been, but they tried to make up for it by stomping on the wooden floor and rockin' the place that way. After two minutes or so Amy comes back out and hits the keyboard with "My Immortal". Let me tell you the way the band pulled this one off tonight blew the Summerfest performance of it out of the water. The notes were sharp and beautiful and Amy killed it with the vocals. The guitar/drum help for the last part sounded like pure genius, simply awesome.

Lastly, everyone got the rest of their thrashing and aggression out by moving around to "Whisper", once they finished that up the guitar picks and drumsticks got thrown out to the crowd and the house lights came back on and it was over.

Now for my commentary, this is the best of the three Ev shows I have seen. They keep getting BETTER and BETTER. The sounds they evoke from the guitars and the solos and the drumming are just over the top awesome. Maybe it was just because I was so close to the speakers but the way the instruments sounded was pretty cool to me and seemed different than the other shows. Like I said above "My Immortal" was just WOW. There are no other words to describe that, unbelievable and awesome maybe.

I only stayed after for about a half hour to see if anyone would come out of the busses then I left. I was just happy seeing the show and that, but maybe some of the other people who went have stories, since I didn't get to meet up with any of the other EvBoarders that were there  :(. One positive I take from this though, becuase I was on the side, I didn't get caught in the mosh pit this time  :).
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2003, 11:18:31 pm »
only a few short hours and I too will see the sweet amy lee on stage.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2003, 11:56:55 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
only a few short hours and I too will see the sweet amy lee on stage.

where?
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Gina

• View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #608 on: September 21, 2003, 07:40:17 am »
you lucky lucky people, I'm incredibly jealous.... WHY doesnt EV play more shows near me :wink:
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #609 on: September 21, 2003, 08:00:45 am »
Sweeeeeeeet Amy Lee!!
I wish i could see her but no i had to be born here  :(  

LOL  Kevs i hope you have a wonderful time<3 but you will i know it.
I listened to Ev all day today, <3

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Re: Ev on Thursday...
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2003, 08:03:14 am »
Quote from: "GJenkins05"
I went to see Ev on Thursday night. Here is my review.

Brian i wish I had of seen ur review earlier, thats such an amazing review<3
I enjoyed every moment of it.
Thank you so much for posting, i havnt heard the song Zero!
Sounds like you had heaps of fun, woo.

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #611 on: September 21, 2003, 08:29:23 am »
Yea evanescence rock and so does Fallen

this is my little fansite
http://www.goingunderuk.tk

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2003, 09:55:51 am »
Brian! i'm glad you had such an awesome time!!!  :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Ev on Thursday...
« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2003, 03:55:35 pm »
Quote from: "GJenkins05"
One positive I take from this though, becuase I was on the side, I didn't get caught in the mosh pit this time  :).

That is the best part! :wink:

tylor

Lucy-san

Evanescence
« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2003, 05:10:09 pm »
hmm I'm confused...someone explain evanesence to me... :?