Author Topic: Let's Go Yankees!!  (Read 12446 times)

jjthefourth

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 50609941
    • MSN Messenger - jjthefourth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ConcordSix
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jjthefourth
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jjthefourth.com/
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2003, 01:10:36 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Twas the night before the end of the series with Boston and all through the city, everyone was thinking of 85 years... of being really really shitty. Cuz you can't blame losing every year on bad luck, 85 years=Boston just sucks. On Jeter on Bernie on Jason and Sori, On Jorge on Roger on Zimmer and Torre. Carry this team and extend their little curse, throw at us again Pedro, you'll leave in a hearse. To the true fans of New York sit and watch the screen, and say it together...

I LOVE IT!!!  Oh I so need to send a copy of that to my family back in Boston!!!  :razz:

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2003, 05:56:59 pm »
Download this

Boston radio played that....awful.  Reallyy low.

and this is for Cece

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2003, 06:43:46 pm »
Quote from: "jjthefourth"
Twas the night before the end of the series with Boston and all through the city, everyone was thinking of 85 years... of being really really shitty. Cuz you can't blame losing every year on bad luck, 85 years=Boston just sucks. On Jeter on Bernie on Jason and Sori, On Jorge on Roger on Zimmer and Torre. Carry this team and extend their little curse, throw at us again Pedro, you'll leave in a hearse. To the true fans of New York sit and watch the screen, and say it together...

I LOVE IT!!!  Oh I so need to send a copy of that to my family back in Boston!!!  :razz:

hehe, here's some more anecdotes for you jj...

Whats the difference between a hotdog @ Fenway Park & a hotdog @ Yankee stadium??

You can't get a hotdog in October @ Fenway Park

aaand...

A little boy was in family court.  His mother was on trial for beating him.  the judge ruled the mother guilty of child abuse and was just about to grant custody to the father when the little boy siad "No!  I don't want to live with my father, he beats me too!"  and the judge said "well, who do you want to live with?"  and the little boy said "I want to live at Fenway Park with the Boston Red Sox."  "Why is that?" asked the judge.  And the little boy said "I want to live at Fenway Park because the Boston Red Sox don't beat anybody!"
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2003, 06:47:35 pm »

hehe, here's some more anecdotes for you jj...

Whats the difference between a hotdog @ Fenway Park & a hotdog @ Yankee stadium??

You can't get a hotdog in October @ Fenway Park

I've told that one a couple times before!  lol!

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
Jokes
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2003, 01:02:33 am »
Dancernl, those are too funny!  I've never heard them before.  We don't get much NYY/BRS rivalry stuff going out here in Cali, so I miss the funny stuff like that.  Thank you for sharing.  My dad is going to get a huge kick out of those!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jokes
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2003, 09:47:25 am »
Quote from: "jjthefourth"
Dancernl, those are too funny!  I've never heard them before.  We don't get much NYY/BRS rivalry stuff going out here in Cali, so I miss the funny stuff like that.  Thank you for sharing.  My dad is going to get a huge kick out of those!

hahahahaha, i'm glad you like them.  I didn't make them up though, i'm not that clever, lol.  My friend has some great away messages!

~Nikki
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2003, 11:35:52 am »
They were playing this song on Boston radiooo..
like the new kids on the block song ..

"oOOOoooooh Yankees suck"

Soo friday in the morning the NY radio station.. wplj ? maybe.. gave people the number to the Boston radio station and they told them to ask for some guy and say.. "sing OOOOOOoh Boston sucks" They gave out the number like five times in a row.. and everyone was doing it. ;D

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2003, 01:26:54 pm »
yesterday i was told that i wasn't a true Yankees fan.  Now, usually everyone knows that it's easy to get Yanks fans rilled up if you insult the team or something, but that was like, attacking my character!  I was told "You don't have any posters or even a hat, and you never root for baseball unless it's the World Series."  Honestly!  Just because i don't flaunt hats and pennents and posters and sweaters and have a Giambi tatoo on my ass that means i'm a "wannabe" fan i guess.  Does this piss anyone else off?

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
True Fandom
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2003, 04:01:41 pm »
yesterday i was told that i wasn't a true Yankees fan.  Now, usually everyone knows that it's easy to get Yanks fans rilled up if you insult the team or something, but that was like, attacking my character!  I was told "You don't have any posters or even a hat, and you never root for baseball unless it's the World Series."  Honestly!  Just because i don't flaunt hats and pennents and posters and sweaters and have a Giambi tatoo on my ass that means i'm a "wannabe" fan i guess.  Does this piss anyone else off?

People are so full of it.  I get that crap all the time.  The bandwagon fans and the Yankee-haters telling me I'm not a real fan.  I've been a fan since the 80s, when we weren't winning World Series.  My favorite player was Don Mattingly, who apparently gets overlooked by these "modern day" so-called fans.  Really gets me mad sometimes.  But anyway, I sympathize with you.  That's why us true fans that bleed pinstripes when you cut us must stand together!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2003, 04:05:58 pm »
That's why us true fans that bleed pinstripes when you cut us must stand together!

amen!  Let's go Bombers Game One is ours!

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
The Series
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2003, 02:13:34 am »
It's tied 1-1, and we're off to fish-town.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2003, 08:13:48 am »
game 3: Mussina vs. Beckett - the Moose is loose!  :D

jjthefourth

• View Profile
    • Email
Game 3
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2003, 11:34:26 am »
Tonight is Game 3 of the World Series!  Yankee fans, get ready to support our boys!!

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2003, 11:44:30 am »
Yeaaa Yankees!!
;D

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Let's Go Yankees!!
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2003, 11:52:12 am »